Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

21 minutes ago, metafour said:

Your timeline is backwards.

The completely replaceable 5th-year guys you're all of a sudden now seeing as announcing that they're coming back only started doing so after it became obvious that we weren't going to land Torrence and Brooks. That means that they missed on their portal targets, and THEN went and convinced or gave the "green light" for our seniors to return for another year. I'm almost sure of this at this point. Our Bowl game was December 28th; these guys who have no NFL Draft stock weren't mulling theit decisions over for ~3 weeks, that's absurd. Our guys who actually had NFL Draft stock (ie: Derick Hall, Colby Wooden) all announced their returns ~December 30th, but I'm to believe that Austin Troxell didn't know whether he wanted to come back or not? No, they tried to upgrade on those guys, failed, and then as a last resort brought the guys we could back.

I believe you've nailed it with this post.

It feels like that's exactly how everything panned out once it was obvious this staff just couldn't land upgrades.  Well these 5-6th yr seniors will have a Master's degree when they leave, all on AU's dime. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

We just whiffed on the OT transfer from WKY... going to Ole Miss

So much for the "He's following his coach" or "he's going home" excuses.

Just getting dominated by Ole Miss. That's the current state of our program, if you can be honest with yourself 

• Facepalm 1

49 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

So we'll have around 7-8 SR's on the OL that we lose after next season?  Wow.

The real wow will be the emptiness that we replace them with.

26 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I’m not panicking, youre panicking.  I heard Friend already has 25 silent OT commits for the 2023 class so Auburn is good.  Did you hear Auburn is #2 in basketball?  What a jip!  Maybe gip?  

Going into December everyone said it's OK we have a small OL class bc it'll be a really big Portal haul, 3-5 OL and we'll just get a bunch of HS kids next year.

Lolol we're real dumb believing that

47 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I just don’t want to hear the “fire Mason” talk next season. So far, DM has absolutely lapped Harsin in performance, game planning, and recruiting. He’s done an outstanding job of building depth on his side of the ball and Zac Ethridge is turning out to be our ace in the hole recruiter!

I guess we should look forward to final scores like this again, if we're lucky:

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 4.09.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-17 at 4.08.30 PM.png

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Going into December everyone said it's OK we have a small OL class bc it'll be a really big Portal haul, 3-5 OL and we'll just get a bunch of HS kids next year.

I'm not sure how anyone can spin this portal recruiting in a positive way.. The good news is some of our OL is coming back. The bad news is some of our OL is coming back..Its a vicious cycle

• Like 2

With the lineman returning you can manage the roster.  Still time to add some high school lineman and red shirt first year. Still time to add thru portal as well.  Numbers can still be brought up. 

27 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The real wow will be the emptiness that we replace them with.

I know a highly rated OL in the Florence area. Has offers from Penn St, FSU, Arkansas, Notre Dame among others. He would commit to AU on the spot.. He is a 2023 guy, but Bama is communicating now. AU will drag their feet and miss out.. Its baffling

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm not sure how anyone can spin this portal recruiting in a positive way.. The good news is some of our OL is coming back. The bad news is some of our OL is coming back..Its a vicious cycle

It's weird we went from "we need to upgrade OL in the portal" to "its good these guys are coming back, their experience and 17th year in college will finally pay off"

It's bad. Like you said. We did a completely awful job at OL

32 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I didn’t believe it. All those people don’t know  Haven’t you figured that out? Lol

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I know a highly rated OL in the Florence area. Has offers from Penn St, FSU, Arkansas, Notre Dame among others. He would commit to AU on the spot.. He is a 2023 guy, but Bama is communicating now. AU will drag their feet and miss out.. Its baffling

He's like the 900th rated player in the country. He isn't "highly rated"

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

A few of the OL guys we were after wanted close to million NIL we said no.

Were other schools willing to give it? 

Just now, augolf1716 said:

A few of the OL guys we were after wanted close to million NIL we said no.

Inside peak intk what kind of program we'll be.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Top 1000!

I get the guy wants to hype he friends kid, but he's a 3* and as of two weeks ago yhe last player ranked in the state, but he's acting like he's a 5* kid we're ignoring 

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Apparently 

I don’t even know what to say. If this is going to be the future of college football, I’m not sure how interested I am in it.

• Like 5

Just now, wcware said:

I don’t even know what to say. If this is going to be the future of college football, I’m not sure how interested I am in it.

For now it is something got to happen to get it under control.

• Like 1