Tank Bigsby Expected to Transfer

Zeek

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Sorry I misquoted, but same thing.  What lies and s*** are fans starting when Media members report him going to the portal?  b/c we're talking about what media is talking about?

So would you agree that a lot of Auburn posters/fans here are rumor and s*** spreaders?😀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

We have a big mess along the OL.. and this was due to the last coaching staff not recruiting well. the OL situation will have to be sorted out through the portal (short term) and heavy recruiting (long term) but it is not a problem that will go away over night. 

Just imagine sitting here today, without the hope of the transfer portal.  The Gus apologists will say that Gus foretold of the transfer portal in 2015, the time when he developed selective memory loss and forgot that O-line recruiting is vital.  

There is blame on Harsin's part but just imagine the difference in record this year if we had an average SEC level o-line.  Things would be looking much better.  I feel for those that still try to defend Gus, -splain his philosophy and how he ran a clean program, good kids, yada yada yada.  Harsin is a good man and one that makes sure the guys are doing right and we are clean, I believe he is coaching just a decade or two too late.

Hell, look at Saban the past few years.  He is a teddy bear compared to a time not so long ago.  That isn't by chance and it isn't old age.  I just hate we got a real damn football coach and the timing couldn't have been worse.  Damn 2017 UGA and bama games, and that criminal president that tried to find a few friends in locking Gus up with that dumbass contract.  Harsin takes over 2-3 years ago, we aren't sweating any of this right now.  It is what it is, though 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 2

18 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

... Has he actually entered the portal? Why the hell are we 14 pages into a rumor?!

Just aufamily being aufamily

Negative travels faster than good news.  Feeds the narrative.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Sorry I misquoted, but same thing.  What lies and s*** are fans starting when Media members report him going to the portal?  b/c we're talking about what media is talking about?

We have no idea what she hears or sees from fans on social media. 

#mommaworm outlined many times the lies told about her son. 

Why would you doubt what a players mom has to say about her child? 

I agree with what she says 100% because I have seen and read out right lies on social media about many players (not just Auburn players). What she said doesn't have to be about her son transferring, it could be about other things..  

12 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Just imagine sitting here today, without the hope of the transfer portal.  The Gus apologists will say that Gus foretold of the transfer portal in 2015, the time when he developed selective memory loss and forgot that O-line recruiting is vital.  

There is blame on Harsin's part but just imagine the difference in record this year if we had an average SEC level o-line.  Things would be looking much better.  I feel for those that still try to defend Gus, -splain his philosophy and how he ran a clean program, good kids, yada yada yada.  Harsin is a good man and one that makes sure the guys are doing right and we are clean, I believe he is coaching just a decade or two too late.

Hell, look at Saban the past few years.  He is a teddy bear compared to a time not so long ago.  That isn't by chance and it isn't old age.  I just hate we got a real damn football coach and the timing couldn't have been worse.  Damn 2017 UGA and bama games, and that criminal president that tried to find a few friends in locking Gus up with that dumbass contract.  Harsin takes over 2-3 years ago, we aren't sweating any of this right now.  It is what it is, though 

Respectfully disagree. Auburn would have had more wins if the play calling and decision making was better. Which is part of the reason the previous coach was let go. They weren’t great but did just enough .Auburn should have been 8-3 heading into the IB

Edited by e808
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Why would you doubt what a players mom has to say about her child? 

I never doubted her, said what are the lies being said

13 minutes ago, e808 said:

I know that the o line recruiting is less than stellar but Auburn has gotten their fair share of a Georgia players. Check the roster. How is us getting killed now Gus fault. U think u gonna waltz into Kirby’s backyard and grab players that’s not happening.

I'm curious, did you go back and look at a 10 year average, numbers and quality?  I'm telling you this, Gus did very little to establish his name and likeness here in Georgia.  Richt got away with it a little, since he could always pull the life-long UGA kids, when he wanted.  We don't have that luxury.  The guys we got from Georgia were thanks in large part to Garner, Twill, Burns and a few other assistants.  We lost out on a lot of kids because they continued to hear from Auburn assistants but not THE head coach.  This is directly related to Gus and his lack of give a damn for quite a while.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

She didn't specifically outline the lies, doesn't mean they aren't there. 

again, I didn't say there weren't any

2 minutes ago, Randy4AU said:

Is it a definite that Tank is leaving?

Apparently he's leaning that way, but meeting with Harsin today to talk about it and Harsin is going to try to talk him into it.  So maybe the media was premature.  Would love him back.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah and Tank or anyone else isn't going to wait on that. We don't even lead for those guys, so it's just a wish. 

Our OL recruiting is a disaster. Spin it all you want. 

A coaches son was the best OL that showed us any true interest 

A fired coaches son was the best OL that showed us any true interest.  Bobo would be foolish to come here now, IMO. 

1 minute ago, JerryAU said:

A fired coaches son was the best OL that showed us any true interest.  Bobo would be foolish to come here now, IMO. 

b/c we fired his dad?  Would probably be weird

Edited by W.E.D

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Respectfully disagree. Auburn would have had more wins if the play calling and decision making was better. They weren’t great but did just enough .

I will give you that, and I have been very hard on Bobo, and Harsin, this year.  The bama game is unforgivable.  Run the damn ball three plays and bama doesn't have time to score 10 points.  But there is no denying the talent level was very poor on the line.  Some guys would've been better at their natural position, which makes their play seem not so bad considering, but then that points back to one person, Gustav.  I'm sure it has been discussed, but o-line recruiting was Gus' deal for a while.  He, inexplicably, took full control of recruiting that position.  Gus got lazy, so that meant Auburn just didn't give out as many offers.  It's actually despicable. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, USATiger said:

I'm all for a build that is solid, but things have changed drastically the past year.  Hell, I was the one licking Harsin's boots when he was hired.  My kind of guy.   I don't want Harsin fired, and know he won't be for a few years, but you have to be able to look at the landscape and understand change is inevitable and you better plan for it or you get crapped on.  Which is where we are at.   I am hoping, to the point of praying, that early signing day brings about some welcome surprises.

They don't call this time of year the "silly season" for nothing.  Sure the transfer portal & NIL issues are huge changes that will affect the cfb world, but the biggest changes I see this year are the scramble for HCs & the resultant new contracts/extensions.  For example:  PSU's James Franklin just got a big raise and extension -- with a 7-5 record.  Harsin with his 6-6 record was linked to other HC jobs.  Deserved or not, coaches around the country are getting a raise and it's not due to inflation in the economy.    

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

again, I didn't say there weren't any

you need to look no further at some other threads on this board at people taking pure speculation and making it fact. It is quite hilarious. Just examples of what parents see and hear about their kids and themselves. 

4 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

They don't call this time of year the "silly season" for nothing.  Sure the transfer portal & NIL issues are huge changes that will affect the cfb world, but the biggest changes I see this year are the scramble for HCs & the resultant new contracts/extensions.  For example:  PSU's James Franklin just got a big raise and extension -- with a 7-5 record.  Harsin with his 6-6 record was linked to other HC jobs.  Deserved or not, coaches around the country are getting a raise and it's not due to inflation in the economy.    

Not sure what the head coaching carousel has to do with what I've been saying but okay.  I never stated I wanted Harsin to get fired or for Auburn to be hiring a new coach this year.  All I've been saying, for a month now the few times I logged in, is that things aren't going real well on the Plains.  I don't know what the answer is other than to hope Harsin realizes that a number of the Boise coaches need to find off the field spots, and he hires some recruiters that know the area, starting with Trovon Reed.  Dude needs to be named as either the WR or special teams coach for next year.  

Oh, the Coach Corn thing hasn't helped us at all this year either.   I stood behind Harsin and said it was his prerogative, but was worried the handling would cause issues.  It has.

11 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

you need to look no further at some other threads on this board at people taking pure speculation and making it fact. It is quite hilarious. Just examples of what parents see and hear about their kids and themselves. 

Yes, this board has gone crazy today...rumors everywhere.  Too much BS to deal with.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Agree, am I missing something or are we making up lies about players?  We generally get our info from "reporters".

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

There are only two choices. Trust or doubt. 

Personally, I like CBH's vision. He hasn't said or done anything for me to doubt he can reach his vision

I disagree.  What was he supposed to do to "help" the OL this year?  He schemed as much as he could away from them.

I don't disagree and realize it takes time and things happen that sting before it gets better...and I'll admit I really wanted thing to work out with Gus.......God knows he was given every chance in the world........don't get me wrong I do see things that I really like.

I weathered the Terry Bowden era with no running game/ Oliver train wreck.........this should be eazy peezy.

• Haha 2

Hoke is reporting that CBH set up a meeting with Tank to try and convince him to stay. Nothing final as of yet.

Also, some posters on TNOS are saying other players said Tank told them he was staying. Who knows. I want him here, but I feel like we re-recruit his ass every year.

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Hoke is reporting that CBH set up a meeting with Tank to try and convince him to stay. Nothing final as of yet.

Also, some posters on TNOS are saying other players said Tank told them he was staying. Who knows. I want him here, but I feel like we re-recruit his ass every year.

I just hope Tank does what is best for him.. dude is going to the NFL after next season..

• Like 1

"IF" we can get him for one more season he's headed to the NFL so I have no problem with him deciding to stay....if that's what he wants to do. 

• Like 1