Tank Bigsby Expected to Transfer

Zeek

I just don't see any reason for Harsin to not start DD at this point.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We didn't have any SEC ready OL on our team, maybe 1.  There were guys out there better than ours.  Dare rosenthal is a high level draft pick, transferred to Kentucky this year in June.  Saying there were now available SEC players is not true

I remember. Keep in mind, this is a full three months before our HC coached his first game at AU and the same month our staff was allowed face to face visits due to the pandemic. 

26 minutes ago, e808 said:

Think about it this way. With those highly rated players Auburn was able to win without stellar coaching. No imagine if they had better coaching. If y’all think Auburn will be winning champions with class rankings in the 20s IDK what to say. I understand people want to support the coach but let’s call a spade a spade. Some 3’s will out perform their ranking but u still need those highly ranked 4 and 5s. 

But those highly rated players barely saw the field because they didn't pan out. They had the same inferior coaching that the 3 star playing ahead of them had.

It's still a player development issue. I agree with you that we aren't winning championships with classes ranked in the 20's, but we have to show we can develop players before the 5 stars start lining up.

The elite schools put guys in the league regardless of their star ranking out of HS.

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

Bc he can't beat out Geant Loy. Maybe there is a reason to it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

DD wasn't even listed as 3rd string.  I can't imagine he got any time with the 1's (maybe the 2's).  I understand he was potential but there is no way he is ready to start a game for us.  

47 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And 2024 isn't looking any better! :-\

What part of he started the entire conversation with "2023 is looking really strong" is so hard to grasp? Always have to look at one part of a conversation.

14 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

But those highly rated players barely saw the field because they didn't pan out. They had the same inferior coaching that the 3 star playing ahead of them had.

It's still a player development issue. I agree with you that we aren't winning championships with classes ranked in the 20's, but we have to show we can develop players before the 5 stars start lining up.

The elite schools put guys in the league regardless of their star ranking out of HS.

14 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

What u mean didn’t see the field. Slayton, Stove,Swartz , Dean, Davidson, Seth , Brown. The list goes on. Saying they barely played is just false.  I understand hating the previous staff but the highly rated guys did play.

U missed my point completely. Those highly rated players allowed Auburn to be competitive and win games without as u mentioned great coaching. Imagine what could have been with better coaching.

Also keep in mind some were booted from the team for disciplinary reasons.

Edited by e808

I like Harsin but it’s apparent, and has been for a while this is not a good fit.  The all work and little play, the old school hardass ways just aren’t going to cut it with elite athletes.  They have way more power than ever before.  

Tank is going pro next year, why spend a whole year working as hard as Harsin demands when you can transfer and not have to worry.  Harsin is a man of his word, even the players like Tank better be at class on-time, work extra hard all summer, the things we all love about a program, just isn’t the MO of a coach imo.  

I am all for waiting it out until Harsin gets his type of players, but with NIL and transfers being so readily available, 4&5 star kids don’t want to hear blue-collar talk.  They are elite, and now are in a position to demand pampering.  

I like Harsin and would love for him to coach my kids, but I’m afraid the end result will be a mess 2-3 years from now.  My two cents.  

Saying that, I won’t believe Tank is leaving until he officially enters portal.  Maybe he has I only read the first page of posts.  

Edited by USATiger
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

^^^ She ain't wrong. 

Well that sure makes me feel better.  

I'll add to the previous post I made.  Harsin inherited a nightmare in regards to the lack of talent along the lines.  Momma Bigsby knows football, and she can see it ain't looking good on the offensive side of the ball.  5 Seniors, 5th years, I believe, and no one on the current roster could beat them out?  The fact that many linemen were 5th year Seniors points to the talent issue.  SEC West level Olinemen, who start multiple years, should have been chasing the NFL dream by their 5th year, besides the obvious multiple injuries guys.  I don't know if I would want my kid running behind that line with the NFL looming

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

^^^ She ain't wrong. 

Seriously, what rumors & lies are fans starting?

Mrs Bigsby has a point.  It appears that Auburn fans have been brutal in their criticism of  certain players last year and this year.  Some of us forget that most these players are kids.  It is sad to me that fans can’t express their frustrations and disappointment in a nicer manner.  What happen to the golden rule?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

And on the recruiting front, as anyone taken a gander at the top 100 Georgia prospects for the year?  Look at that list and see where we are if rankings were just based on Georgia talent.  We are getting killed in the state of Georgia, and it ain't just by UGA and bama.  Gus and his recruitment, or lack thereof, of Georgia, opened the door for many other P5 teams to take kids we would normally get.  Georgia, Alabama and Florida should've been our main focus in recruiting, and it hasn't. At least in my neck of the woods.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Seriously, what rumors & lies are fans starting?

You obviously don't consider posters here to be fans if you ask that.

Some of y'all should probably step away for awhile or, listen to Bird & Brad.  Building a winner is going to take time & you'll need to learn how to be patient.  Quit acting like:  

See the source image

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

You obviously don't consider posters here to be fans if you ask that.

What posters have made up lies?  Srs?

5 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Well that sure makes me feel better.  

I'll add to the previous post I made.  Harsin inherited a nightmare in regards to the lack of talent along the lines.  Momma Bigsby knows football, and she can see it ain't looking good on the offensive side of the ball.  5 Seniors, 5th years, I believe, and no one on the current roster could beat them out?  The fact that many linemen were 5th year Seniors points to the talent issue.  SEC West level Olinemen, who start multiple years, should have been chasing the NFL dream by their 5th year, besides the obvious multiple injuries guys.  I don't know if I would want my kid running behind that line with the NFL looming

We have a big mess along the OL.. and this was due to the last coaching staff not recruiting well. the OL situation will have to be sorted out through the portal (short term) and heavy recruiting (long term) but it is not a problem that will go away over night. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What posters have made up lies?  Srs?

I was referring to rumors. I rarely call anyone a liar. Don't you think the very title of this thread and many of the posts are rumors or speculation?

Edited by Proud Tiger

4 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Some of y'all should probably step away for awhile or, listen to Bird & Brad.  Building a winner is going to take time & you'll need to learn how to be patient.  Quit acting like:  

See the source image

I'm all for a build that is solid, but things have changed drastically the past year.  Hell, I was the one licking Harsin's boots when he was hired.  My kind of guy.   I don't want Harsin fired, and know he won't be for a few years, but you have to be able to look at the landscape and understand change is inevitable and you better plan for it or you get crapped on.  Which is where we are at.   I am hoping, to the point of praying, that early signing day brings about some welcome surprises.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I was referring to rumors. I rarely call anyone a liar. Don't you think the very title of this thread is a rumor?

Fans didn't start this.  Reporters from Rivals/247/On3 did.  I'd get blasting them....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

She didn't say anything about rumors. She said LIES and start more $hit. 

Sorry I misquoted, but same thing.  What lies and s*** are fans starting when Media members report him going to the portal?  b/c we're talking about what media is talking about?

14 minutes ago, USATiger said:

And on the recruiting front, as anyone taken a gander at the top 100 Georgia prospects for the year?  Look at that list and see where we are if rankings were just based on Georgia talent.  We are getting killed in the state of Georgia, and it ain't just by UGA and bama.  Gus and his recruitment, or lack thereof, of Georgia, opened the door for many other P5 teams to take kids we would normally get.  Georgia, Alabama and Florida should've been our main focus in recruiting, and it hasn't. At least in my neck of the woods.

I know that the o line recruiting is less than stellar but Auburn has gotten their fair share of a Georgia players. Check the roster. How is us getting killed now Gus fault. U think u gonna waltz into Kirby’s backyard and grab players that’s not happening.

Edited by e808