Tank Bigsby Expected to Transfer

Zeek

4 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Yep, just sit back and watch them expose themselves in these threads for who they really are.  

What most of us are is Auburn fans. Watching the current situation is not encouraging.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AU_Canoe said:

Having players leave probably will help not hurt Harsin's recruiting pitch this week. Come to AU there are immediate openings and huge opportunities for playing time. 

I don’t think he can pitch anything. I believe it’s the dead period. I could be wrong though

3 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

If that means "convincing" key players to stay and ride out bumps in the road, that's what should be done

Harsin already did that the first time we had this issue with Tank. 

• Like 1

Man, if he does transfer let's hope it is outside the SEC! He will not be going to JSU/ASU/UNA - he is going to be on a contenders team. I'm hoping it is somewhere like Michigan. I'm afraid he will be wearing red and black however...…

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I disagree.  What was he supposed to do to "help" the OL this year?  He schemed as much as he could away from them.

We took 10 transfers or so.  0 OL.  We took multiple contributors on defense + a QB that started + a WR that started.

There was massive need on OL, which I know you know b/c you constantly bang Mickey (correctly).  It wasn't scheme, it was bodies...and we didn't take anyone in January and no one post spring when we should have really know how deep of s*** we're in.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Let me ask you this.  Lets say we signed 5 blue chip HS O linemen right now.  Does Tank or Bo stay?

Answer is probably not because those guys aren't likely to play immediately.  2023 recruiting is looking very strong so far.  6-6 means nothing on that front.  Texas hasn't won **** in years and is showing you can recruit just fine.

1)Which fairytale did you get those strong 2023 recruits? 

2)As much as we want to deny it Auburn isn't on Texas name level and it's dropping daily.

Maybe I am just focusing on what I want to hear,  but the blogs I've been listening to have been pretty positive about recruiting/transfers. (Especially regarding the Iron  Bowl visitors.)

Losing Bo and Tank is troublesome though. Not a good look.

Edited by homersapien

4 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Yep, just sit back and watch them expose themselves in these threads for who they really are.  

The AU fanbase has become quite a joke. We definitely can't sit back and laugh or make fun of any other fanbases out there, including bama. I guess the Creed doesn't apply to fans though. It's just words.

• Like 1

Just now, wde1968 said:

1)Which fairytale did you get those strong 2023 recruits? 

Pay for recruiting sites with intel.  Or, ya know, go to the recruiting page on this very site.  Its not a secret.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We took 10 transfers or so.  0 OL.  We took multiple contributors on defense + a QB that started + a WR that started.

There was massive need on OL, which I know you know b/c you constantly bang Mickey (correctly).  It wasn't scheme, it was bodies...and we didn't take anyone in January and no one post spring when we should have really know how deep of s*** we're in.

Not that many good OL transfers out there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Neither is Bama or many other schools.  Most blue chip guys haven't come close to commiting yet.  But we are in on some really big targets early.

Over the recent years, we have been "in on" any number of top recruits a year ahead of time. That's pie in the sky.

15 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

to me, it would have made more sense for both nix and tank to leave last year. well, maybe not nix, certainly tank.

This is just my interpretation, so I’ll admit it could be wrong. I think Tank and Bo both had reservations with this staff, but the staff convinced them to stay last year. When those reservations came to fruition, they decided to leave.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Pay for recruiting sites with intel.  Or, ya know, go to the recruiting page on this very site.  Its not a secret.

The list here is great however 0 commits means that list is 💩. All recruiting sites have Auburn no commits so pay for what you want but no sign is wishful thinking there Wille Coyote.

32 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What most of us are is Auburn fans. Watching the current situation is not encouraging.

It wouldn't be to them either but that Kool-Aid has PGA in it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wde1968 said:

The list here is great however 0 commits means that list is 💩. All recruiting sites have Auburn no commits so pay for what you want but no sign is wishful thinking there Wille Coyote.

According to 247, Bama also has 0 commits.  Most of the big schools have 1-2 total for 2023.

Not sure what's your point is here.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

youre-wrong-there.gif

So, please tell me what you find encouraging about the current state of Auburn football? Perhaps a team leader like Shivers leaving is a desirable event? Losing your senior, record setting QB is a positive? Seeing the team's best RB who is one of the top players in the SEC hit the road is reason to rejoice? Or is it that you think AU being rated #41 overall in recruiting and 13th in the SEC is a big positive?

You said I was wrong to say the current outlook is not encouraging. Please describe all that encouraging stuff that I'm missing.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

According to 247, Bama also has 0 commits.  Most of the big schools have 1-2 total for 2023.

Apparently I'm not doing good enough of a job talking about the 2023 class yet... lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

IF THEY DONT SIGN YOUR LIST IS 💩 GENIUS. If you can't understand that have another sip of Kool-Aid 

Obviously, I want Tank to stay, but I feel like we are ok at RB even without him. Hunter has shown promise and Alston looks like the real deal.

Also, no other news outlets are reporting a Tank transfer yet. It seems like it's not completely a done deal yet.

2 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

IF THEY DONT SIGN YOUR LIST IS 💩 GENIUS. If you can't understand that have another sip of Kool-Aid 

You're making the argument that the list of targets doesn't matter for 2023 since none are committed while ignoring that MOST schools, including the #1 team in the country, have no commits for the class right now.

giphy.gif