Tank Bigsby Expected to Transfer

Zeek

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well its a good thing we won't finish anywhere near 41st then, isn't it?

The big question is: Will we finish closer to 41st or closer to #1?

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

As much as I'm not a fan, Phillip Marshall made a great point today.  When we signed Jonathan Wallace at the last minute because there was an extra scholly, our recruiting ranking actuallly went down.  The recruit ranking methods are kind of ridiculous.

A team could sign the #1 kicker, punter and long snapper and their team ranking would be hurt.

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

It is more about the average player rating that should be paid the most attention.

U just made the point those guy at the top more often than not have higher rated players.

16 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

Calling someone stupid when you're using the same argument from the other side makes you a HYPOCRITE but hey you got to fit in with the agenda.

And 2024 isn't looking any better! :-\

Edited by homersapien

Just now, auburnphan said:

A team could sign the #1 kicker, punter and long snapper and their team ranking would be hurt.

Ok, on that front . Yes, I am referring to the skill positions and the guys in the trenches. 

46 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Not that many good OL transfers out there.

One of the best OT in the SEC was available and went to Kentucky from LSU.  Plenty of others.

Just now, e808 said:

U just made the point those guy at the top more often than not have higher rated players.

Right but would you rather be the 14th ranked class with an average player rating of 88.8 rating or the 4th rated class with an average player rating of 84.3.   The top classes are so close that the quantity of players signed determine total points and not overall talent.   Just because a school signs 27 players doesn’t mean they recruited more talented players than the school that signed only 22.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Your right, but what you continue to fail with when restating your position is there weren't any SEC ready OL transfers.  Prince Sammons, the OT that never sniffed any amount of contribution at AU, was listed as the #1 OT in last years Portal.  Who exactly was he supposed to bring in?

We didn't have any SEC ready OL on our team, maybe 1.  There were guys out there better than ours.  Dare rosenthal is a high level draft pick, transferred to Kentucky this year in June.  Saying there were now available SEC players is not true

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

One of the best OT in the SEC was available and went to Kentucky from LSU.  Plenty of others.

Could you imagine if Kentucky landed Bo ? That may get them to that next level. Ole Stoops doing solid work.

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

Respectfully disagree. There has to be some validity because those teams at the top have constantly been in the playoffs or BCS championship 

There is only because those schools are rare. OSU, Bama, UGA, Clemson (not this year though) have been recruiting AND playing at a high level. Auburn has recruited at a high level in the past without much to show for it. I'd take a step back in recruiting rankings in the short term if it means more development of our talent long term. 

Most of the 5 stars we've gotten in the past have flamed out with the exception of a few. What good are the high rankings if those guys can't develop?

To be elite, Harsin is going to have to recruit and develop. NFL is full of dudes who were overlooked in recruiting. It is possible to win without stockpiling 5 stars. If Harsin can develop the guys he signs, we'll be fine. If he can't, then he will be gone. Let's give it time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The big question is: Will we finish closer to 41st or closer to #1?

We'll be in the top 20, so closer to 1.  We should close pretty well in the next day or so.  Seems a lot of ppl who really follow it have high hopes.  They could land flat, but most think we should do pretty well

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

We didn't have any SEC ready OL on our team, maybe 1.  There were guys out there better than ours.  Dare rosenthal is a high level draft pick, transferred to Kentucky this year in June.  Saying there were now available SEC players is not true

Getting OL to come to Auburn after a decade of failed NFL development is the biggest hurdle the new staff is facing.  It is a helluva mountain that they are recruiting against and every other school knows it..  not making excuses, they have to over come it, the reality just f@@@@in sucks right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

There is only because those schools are rare. OSU, Bama, UGA, Clemson (not this year though) have been recruiting AND playing at a high level. Auburn has recruited at a high level in the past without much to show for it. I'd take a step back in recruiting rankings in the short term if it means more development of our talent long term. 

Most of the 5 stars we've gotten in the past have flamed out with the exception of a few. What good are the high rankings if those guys can't develop?

To be elite, Harsin is going to have to recruit and develop. NFL is full of dudes who were overlooked in recruiting. It is possible to win without stockpiling 5 stars. If Harsin can develop the guys he signs, we'll be fine. If he can't, then he will be gone. Let's give it time.

Think about it this way. With those highly rated players Auburn was able to win without stellar coaching. Now imagine if they had better coaching. If y’all think Auburn will be winning champions with class rankings in the 20s IDK what to say. I understand people want to support the coach but let’s call a spade a spade. Some 3’s will out perform their ranking but u still need those highly ranked 4 and 5s. 

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Fully expecting it to be the latter.

Currently, #20 would put us at 9th in the SEC. Better than 13th, but nothing to write home about.

Just now, Mikey said:

Currently, #20 would put us at 9th in the SEC. Better than 13th, but nothing to write home about.

So today alone, we likely pick up a 4* and high 3* in the composite.

We likely lead for a 4* announcing tomorrow.

And today's recruiting updates just moved the #1 JUCO player in the country to a 4* and there's a lot of optimism that he signs here.  Same with another JUCO 4* transfer where things were just updated today.

That doesn't include some 4* HS school guys we are after this week and heavily in the mix for.

Point being: this class could end up surprising you if you'll just be patient.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Point being: this class could end up surprising you if you'll just be patient.

I'm in this bucket.  I think we're going to make a big jump and we'll be in the 20s.  Not sure we break top 15, but it's not going to be as empty as many are fearing (except OL)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Pay attention this week.  Starting with two names today.

But they want rankings. Lol.

I read that Jucos don't help or count towards rankings

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

But they want rankings. Lol.

I read that Jucos don't help or count towards rankings

They do.

Transfer portal doesn't though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

In the last 5 years nobody in the SEC is beating Alabama and Georgia in recruiting.   LSU has been up there close and aTm is starting to make some noise at the top.   Florida has been in the mix before Mullen got there.   With that said, Auburn at best even on a great class would probably be 4 or 5 in conference. If you think that the last staff was bringing in top classes, what position group do you think was the best?   The only groups with top picks have been DL, CB and RB.   It’s obvious to me at least, that Auburn is never going to be a top recruiting hot spot, unless Saban walks through the door, and that’s not happening.   
Whether people want to admit it or not, every now and again, Auburn will get a great player(Bo Jackson) but most times Auburn is a program that finds the diamonds in the ruff type player and with hard work becomes an NFL player 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

In the last 5 years nobody in the SEC is beating Alabama and Georgia in recruiting.   LSU has been up there close and aTm is starting to make some noise at the top.   Florida has been in the mix before Mullen got there.   With that said, Auburn at best even on a great class would probably be 4 or 5 in conference. If you think that the last staff was bringing in top classes, what position group do you think was the best?   The only groups with top picks have been DL, CB and RB.   It’s obvious to me at least, that Auburn is never going to be a top recruiting hot spot, unless Saban walks through the door, and that’s not happening.   
Whether people want to admit it or not, every now and again, Auburn will get a great player(Bo Jackson) but most times Auburn is a program that finds the diamonds in the ruff type player and with hard work becomes an NFL player 

I disagree with this post. I think we should be angling to be recruiting at the 4th-5th best in the conference with the odd year maybe being 3rd best. If we want to be a top program we need to be bringing in the talent. No excuses. I think it's possible too. Chizik for all his faults had a plan that had Auburn recruiting the way it was supposed to be recruiting. 

There just is not a way to be more consistently a top program in CFB than by hoarding the best talent. There are other ways but it's the most tried and true. 

Edited by VAtiger12
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

lol

Glad you enjoy the humor.

• Thanks 1