Tank Bigsby Expected to Transfer

Zeek

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Apparently I'm not doing good enough of a job talking about the 2023 class yet... lol

You are doing a fine job and the information is good to see. However, the 2023 class is quite a distance away on the horizon. The current class of 2022 is scary-bad at the moment, unless there is some big turnaround with multiple players, some of whom would have to be flips.

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, please tell me what you find encouraging about the current state of Auburn football? Perhaps a team leader like Shivers leaving is a desirable event? Losing your senior, record setting QB is a positive? Seeing the team's best RB who is one of the top players in the SEC hit the road is reason to rejoice? Or is it that you think AU being rated #41 overall in recruiting and 13th in the SEC is a big positive?

You said I was wrong to say the current outlook is not encouraging. Please describe all that encouraging stuff that I'm missing.

Do me a favor.  Revisit these numbers every night this week around 10 pm and then quote your words here.  I just want it for reference.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Harsin already did that the first time we had this issue with Tank. 

For what it is worth, from what I read that was all Cadillac in us retaining Tank last year.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Do me a favor.  Revisit these numbers every night this week around 10 pm and then quote your words here.  I just want it for reference.

AU will probably move up some, that's to be expected. It's going to take a helluva turnaround to put us up there high enough to be competitive in future years. Do you deny the current 41st and 13th (Rivals)? Do you think that's a great place to be? Can you show a time in the past when AU was doing that poorly the Monday of a signing week?

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You're making the argument that the list of targets doesn't matter for 2023 since none are committed while ignoring that MOST schools, including the #1 team in the country, have no commits for the class right now.

giphy.gif

Calling someone stupid when you're using the same argument from the other side makes you a HYPOCRITE but hey you got to fit in with the agenda.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

AU will probably move up some, that's to be expected. It's going to take a helluva turnaround to put us up there high enough to be competitive in future years. Do you deny the current 41st and 13th (Rivals)? Do you think that's a great place to be? Can you show a time in the past when AU was doing that poorly the Monday of a signing week?

Maybe its just me, but I don't care what the scoreboard says until the game is over.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

Calling someone stupid when you're using the same argument from the other side makes you a HYPOCRITE but hey you got to fit in with the agenda.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I assuming Harsin and tank are meeting correct? late to the party here

Correct. Harsin will likely try to convince him to stay but he doesn't strike me as a coach that will grovel or sell any bull crap to Tank. Sure it will be a very blunt conversation both ways but don't expect the head coach to bend over backwards for anyone.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

. Do you deny the current 41st and 13th (Rivals)? Do you think that's a great place to be? Can you show a time in the past when AU was doing that poorly the Monday of a signing week?

Being 13 out of 14 teams recruiting wise is truly astounding, unfathomable-y astounding and hurts my brain. How is that even possible? You have to work hard to be in that position at Auburn. 

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi

Just now, auburnphan said:

Caring about total point ranking in recruiting is for the dumb and uninformed. 

As much as I'm not a fan, Phillip Marshall made a great point today.  When we signed Jonathan Wallace at the last minute because there was an extra scholly, our recruiting ranking actuallly went down.  The recruit ranking methods are kind of ridiculous.

Maybe its just me, but I don't care what the scoreboard says until the game is over.

It pays to pay attention to the scoreboard. Being behind 40-0 should get any fan's attention. Can there still be success? In theory, yes. Is success likely? Not so much. Three teams we play annually are currently ranked #1, 2 and 3. After acknowledging that, 41st doesn't look so hot.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Caring about total point ranking in recruiting is for the dumb and uninformed. 

Respectfully disagree. There has to be some validity because those teams at the top have constantly been in the playoffs or BCS championship 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

It pays to pay attention to the scoreboard. Being behind 40-0 should get any fan's attention. Can there still be success? In theory, yes. Is success likely? Not so much. Three teams we play annually are currently ranked #1, 2 and 3. After acknowledging that, 41st doesn't look so hot.

Well its a good thing we won't finish anywhere near 41st then, isn't it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Respectfully disagree. There has to be some validity because those teams at the top have constantly been in the playoffs or BCS championship 

It is more about the average player rating that should be paid the most attention.

43 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We took 10 transfers or so.  0 OL.  We took multiple contributors on defense + a QB that started + a WR that started.

There was massive need on OL, which I know you know b/c you constantly bang Mickey (correctly).  It wasn't scheme, it was bodies...and we didn't take anyone in January and no one post spring when we should have really know how deep of s*** we're in.

Your right, but what you continue to fail with when restating your position is there weren't any SEC ready OL transfers.  Prince Sammons, the OT that never sniffed any amount of contribution at AU, was listed as the #1 OT in last years Portal.  Who exactly was he supposed to bring in?

• Thanks 2

Just now, TheDob06 said:

Real question. If Tank does transfer, can Auburn specify that it not be to a school on our schedule or did the rule change take that power away?

That's done and gone. He can go wherever he wants to go. Welcome ot the brave new world of the NIL and transfer portal.

2 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

Real question. If Tank does transfer, can Auburn specify that it not be to a school on our schedule or did the rule change take that power away?

He can go anywhere

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

You expecting 2nd team QB grant loy yo get the reps?

I am expecting DD to start.

Well its a good thing we won't finish anywhere near 41st then, isn't it?

It's good CBH has recent experience salvaging a 40+ ranked recruiting class 

• Haha 1