* Official Auburn vs. Houston Game Thread *

abw0004

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

They wanted to run Mason out of here. That would've been a hilarious jaba moment in history

Just like you said. These new schemes take time to install.

Now look at these performances the last two games of the season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I don't think we have a locked in starter at all going into the spring.  Expecting a transfer and a wide ass open competition.

I literally said baring a transfer 

The only short yardage plays that have worked are the ones running to the sideline. The last 3 games we simply cannot line up and get 1 yard. Unreal. 

Edited by gr82b4au

1 minute ago, zeroforwinger said:

Ugh, how about a playaction call there. 

Maybe but Then people would be screaming to run it because its 1 yard

Just now, au302 said:

Our TE's can't block either 

So, I’m guessing you’re a vote against turning one into an OT

Just now, fishepa said:

God forbid we put a nice drive together to put away a game.  

I just said that to myself and my dog. She even nodded her head. I believe she agreed!

Edited by Hopsing

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

Loss on the 3rd and 1 lol. Of course. Crap play call too. 

It didn’t look like the TEs knew what they were supposed to do. Shenker was just shuffling his feet in the backfield like he wasn’t sure where to go.

I could accept so so WR, RB, Or any position recruiting wise except O line.  The opportunity is wide open for any transfer and maybe some high end high school kids to play day 1.  Auburn isn’t doing the half assed stuff anymore.  You can learn NFL stuff now.  Where are the players?!  

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

We need a oline coach, as well. 

If he can’t recruit better I agree. But let’s see what he pulls in the portal the next few weeks. 

Watching our o linemen - they're taking one step, forward or back, then losing contact w/ their blocks while frequently also falling down. What is Will Friend doing in practice?

Even with the new staff a year ago there should have been a wave of transfers that understand the opportunity to play in the SEC for a top half team

I'm sure this is no surprise to the coaches, but the biggest focus of this off-season has to be winning in the trenches. 

It is single handedly the difference between average and good. 

We can have a game manager at QB and win big if we can block and generate a pass rush. Just look at UGA.