Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

1 minute ago, jknighton said:

That's what it seems you're saying here...

If he fails...he fails, but firing him now gets the proverbial dumpster fire white hot

Never said now. He will be gone by 12/1/22.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

51 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

You've gone over the line with this.  Neither race or religion should enter this conversation IMO.

don't be so fragile, it's not even my take, it originated from a TB rant about Gus vs Harsin.

10 minutes ago, Viper said:

This x 999 bazillion. 

I too like Pearl and glad we got him to stay. There were some times early on though that he was frowned upon especially when news started leaking out about possible violations with Persons and he refused to answer questions ( at least in the public). I wasn’t on this forum then so don’t know how it went down on here, but obviously giving him time to work some of those issues through allowed him to be here for this point.

Edited by Hank2020

50 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Is it confirmed that CBH is Mormon??? I assumed as much but it wasn’t that important to me. 

Never confirmed, highly assumed by most. It doesn't really matter tbh.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I really struggle with the concept of being die-hard supporters of any particular coach, unless someone has a direct link to them.  They are mercenaries to me.  I wanted Gus to succeed, just as I wanted all of his predecessors to succeed.  If they succeed, Auburn succeeds, and that is all I care about.  It finally became clear, to those that mattered anyway, that Gus was not going to succeed.  Getting fired was obviously a personal low for him, but he also left much wealthier than he arrived.

Now I want Harsin to succeed, and that is what I will continue to want until it becomes clear that he is not going to.  I cannot rationalize being against the man before he was even finished unpacking his office.

This is the way👈

• Like 1
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Prejudice raises its ugly head in many different places and in many different ways.

Indeed it does unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Harsin was a gamble, to say the least.

He was a 3rd/4th choice after Mario & Napier said no thanks. That’s why the coaching search dragged on over a week with no backup plans in place. We hired Mountain West quality and that’s exactly what we’re getting. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

Never said now. He will be gone by 12/1/22.

Feel like we'll hit 6 wins and it'll buy him another year.

But I could also see us sitting at 2-5 heading into the Bye week and something happens.

12 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Guy needs to get the chance to fix this, though I think with some recruiting failures and coaching turnover he’s got much tougher odds of that now.

Maybe if Auburn spent the money to hire a coach rather than to pay them to go away for a change, we’d get better results. Harsin was a gamble, to say the least.

It would take us fans being willing to wait to the end of a contract for that to work.

• Like 1

Just now, Viper said:

He was a 3rd/4th choice after Mario & Napier said no thanks. That’s why the coaching search dragged on over a week with no backup plans in place. We hired Mountain West quality and that’s exactly what we’re getting. 

Critobal would have been just as bad.  We'll see how Napier turns out.  But if he has success, that'll be 2 elite HCs Auburn could have hired and screwed up.  Saying no to an extra million, then paying Harsin $5 could be an all-time dumbassery.  Right up there with demanding Kirby leave Bama immediately and him telling us to kick rocks.

SORRY TO INTERRUPT THIS MELTDOWN BUUUUUUUT This thread makes me so sad. 20 pages and counting about a glorified QB coach who would not of made a difference either way during BRUUUUUUCE BALL SEASON!?!? THE DISRESPECT!!!!! HAVE NO FEAR BRUCE PEARL IS HERE!!!! LFG BAY BAY!!! WOOOO!!!!!! THIS DOES NOT MATTER AT ALL IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS BESIDES OPTICS!!!!!

gif.gif

ScaryHonoredGardensnake-max-1mb.gif

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

People might not be happy about the fact that Auburn is a sinking ship but people are definitely happy they were right that Auburn was a sinking ship. There’s been a weird dynamic on this board since Harsin was hired. The same people claiming that they have been chastised for harping on Harsin in the last few months are the same people that chastised others for simply being excited and having faith in a new head coach in the beginning of all this. 

In my experience....it's been exactly the opposite. I caught a ton of flack about my views on Harsin right from the start. And now that things are an even bigger mess the Harsin cheerleaders are unhappy that there was good reason for posters to be underwhelmed by the hire and skeptical of his ability to run an SEC team. He has done nothing to alleviate that concern, and we are in this situation right before signing day. 

Since it's been said that Auburn is a tough job....why not hire a coach that has a clue about the SEC and it's culture instead of hiring someone who has no idea and seems to have the wrong personality for it?  

There is no reason at this point to have faith in Harsin, and there was really never a reason to have faith in him. He has to earn it and so far he's not doing anything that gives us hope that he will succeed. It just never felt right to me personally and it still seems like something is off with Harsin.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

SORRY TO INTERRUPT THIS MELTDOWN BUUUUUUUT This thread makes me so sad. 20 pages and counting about a glorified QB coach during BRUUUUUUCE BALL SEASON!?!? THE DISRESPECT!!!!! HAVE NO FEAR BRUCE PEARL IS HERE!!!! LFG BAY BAY!!! WOOOO!!!!!!

gif.gif

ScaryHonoredGardensnake-max-1mb.gif

Can he be our football coach too?

8 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Why don't we just line up and run the flying wedge, that way we can save money because we won't need an OC.

Bold move seeing how we’ll just get flagged every play for running the flying wedge. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I will take that wager 

What are we wagering? Avatars? You’re going to lose your purple “N.” Ouch. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Taco said:

Can he be our football coach too?

Him and Suni Lee in a CO Head coaches set up!!!! lol

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Feel like we'll hit 6 wins and it'll buy him another year.

But I could also see us sitting at 2-5 heading into the Bye week and something happens.

6-6, after 6-7, buys him another season? Who are we? Vanderbilt?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

if I see any more religion references they will disappear just like the last one.....stop it now

Sorry, didn't see this, or I wouldn't have posted the Lebowski gif.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Didba said:

Sorry, didn't see this, or I wouldn't have posted the Lebowski gif.

the-big-lebowski-the-dude.gif

• Love 1