Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Are you sure Davis wasn't misled about something, though? Are you not moved at all by the fact that Harsin has now had 3 coaches make lateral or downward moves out of the program in short order? After firing two other guys less than a year in? 

I don't feel like an assumption that Harsin is owed an apology here is based on facts. 

I agree, ultimately Harsin is responsible for who he is going to hire or fire, buck stops with him. Maybe it was change of mind etc but you should vet your hires and when you announce something you best be sure that they are going to meet there obligations, just looks bad all the way around, bad press after more bad press for the football program.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I heard about them snakes up there. Those folks are no joke. In fact, they might cross over from redneck into hillbilly. 

Having spent a lot of time on Sand Mountain as a youth, I resent the implication...Loachapoka and Notasulga ain't that different however...

Apparently he and the wife are separated (for quite a while) according to the interwebs...my theory seems unlikely.  Parents?  You know your parents are old or ill before you make this kind of decision...don't get that at all.  

8 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Eh, I'm one of them and turned out alright, but man there's not much to do up there. 

I certainly mean no disrespect to Sand Mountainians in general, but I read a book about the snake handling. That's some for real though Appalachia, even if it is just the foothills down at the end. I've got friends in Guntersville who have illuminated me.

I've got friends in Ellijay, GA, too. Now THOSE are some mountain ass, hillbilly ass, barely understand what they're saying ass, moonshine distilling ass folks up there. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Straight out of Ider 

Ider has changed a lot...I hated it when they moved the football field...I could always show my kids where I caught a TD pass and kicked a PAT into the highway when we passed for years.  Now, I can barely even tell where it was.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

Honestly though @W.E.D needs like a insider checkmark or something. He is the WOJ of this site. He has broken like two or three stories that have all been true now lol

I'm just a high volume s*** poster and things hit every now and then.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Is it confirmed that CBH is Mormon??? I assumed as much but it wasn’t that important to me. 

It shouldn't be important to any sports fan.  Bruce Pearl is Jewish and Nick Saban is Catholic, proof positive that having an alternative religion outside of Baptist or Methodist doesn't matter one bit when putting a winning product on the court or field. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, JerryAU said:

It shouldn't be important to any sports fan.  Bruce Pearl is Jewish and Nick Saban is Catholic, proof positive that having an alternative religion outside of Baptist or Methodist doesn't matter one bit when putting a winning product on the court or field. 

I fully agree with your point. But we kid ourselves if some folks don’t hold a negative bias against a person who’s religion is different from theirs. 

38 minutes ago, Didba said:

Not according to Tigerbelle's contingent of old whites... He's also Mormon which basically makes him the devil down south. I don't really care about any of that, though, Harsin could be just like Belichek as long as he starts pulling in Ws.

Yeah not gonna get too contentious, but some of these religions start blending together depending on who’s the representative 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Whewwww. I’ve held into rationality… until now. If this is true this ship is sinking. 

It’s been sinking for weeks. Now it’s…

titanic-gif-10.gif

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

I agree, ultimately Harsin is responsible for who he is going to hire or fire, buck stops with him. Maybe it was change of mind etc but you should vet your hires and when you announce something you best be sure that they are going to meet there obligations, just looks bad all the way around, bad press after more bad press for the football program.

Bad timing , I certainly agree. But I don’t hold it against Harsin,  with what we know for sure at this time. In my opinion he took full ownership of having to modify his plans.

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I certainly mean no disrespect to Sand Mountainians in general, but I read a book about the snake handling. That's some for real though Appalachia, even if it is just the foothills down at the end. I've got friends in Guntersville who have illuminated me.

I've got friends in Ellijay, GA, too. Now THOSE are some mountain ass, hillbilly ass, barely understand what they're saying ass, moonshine distilling ass folks up there. 

Great Apple festival in Ellijay though. And the locals are great.

Edited by Hank2020

5 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

I fully agree with your point. But we kid ourselves if some folks don’t hold a negative bias against a person who’s religion is different from theirs. 

A negative bias towards a coaching staff when we don't even know what religion the coaching staff espouses? 

That's just crazy talk to me. :dead:

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I know you're baiting with this, but pumpers aren't exactly wrong. 

Whether it was a good hire or not Harsin is AU's coach, and AU is already known to be a tough job. We're not the primary State school in our own state, we have one of the toughest scheduled in the entire nation on a near yearly basis. Expectations are high. 

Firing a coach after 1-2 years isn't how you attract proven or new talent to your staff. 

So let’s hold on to a HC who’s OC AND DC have each run for the hills, in their own separate directions, in the last 3 weeks. This after the first losing season since 2012 with a very good chance of repeating a losing season given the 2022 schedule. That will certainly get the titanic steered around that giant glacier. 

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Loof, we are gonna have to throw fists, the rest of my family is from up there 😂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

So let’s hold on to a HC who’s OC AND DC have each run for the hills, in their own separate directions, in the last 3 weeks. This after the first losing season since 2012 with a very good chance of repeating a losing season given the 2022 schedule. That will certainly get the titanic steered around that giant glacier. 

Cause firing him now would solve all our problems?

• Haha 1

@McLoofus, I think I was actually looking forward more of an apology to the University and the fans.  Naive, I guess, to want something like that. It’s just a crappy situation.  I’ve been all about giving Harsin a chance, and I guess we have no choice at this point to continue with him. I’m halfway wishing we had hired Steele, who clearly loves Auburn and I don’t have to feel like he’s trying to. There’s something to me about embracing the Auburn culture. God love Bruce Pearl.  He’s keeping me sane where Auburn sports are concerned.  

7 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Cause firing him now would solve all our problems?

Who said now? After this season, possibly. Depends on the new hire. If we only get takers from the Sun Belt or Mountain West, no thanks. 

Edited by Viper

2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

God love Bruce Pearl.  He’s keeping me sane where Auburn sports are concerned.

This x 999 bazillion. 

• Like 1

Guy needs to get the chance to fix this, though I think with some recruiting failures and coaching turnover he’s got much tougher odds of that now.

Maybe if Auburn spent the money to hire a coach rather than to pay them to go away for a change, we’d get better results. Harsin was a gamble, to say the least.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Who said now? After this season, possibly. Depends on the new hire. 

That's what it seems you're saying here...

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

So let’s hold on to a HC who’s OC AND DC have each run for the hills, in their own separate directions. That will certainly get the titanic steered around that giant glacier. 

If he fails...he fails, but firing him now gets the proverbial dumpster fire white hot