Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

I'll take a wild as guess and say it's because he was the last coach that Auburn had that won with any consistency...

So we muddy that with comparing him to Harsin? There should at least be a trait directly comparing the two and not “he has a similar vision”..primarily because I don’t see how he does 

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

So we muddy that with comparing him to Harsin? There should at least be a trait directly comparing the two and not “he has a similar vision”..primarily because I don’t see how he does 

Here's your trait: "Work, hard work..."

The post that originally reference Dye pretty much stated that.

Edited by gctiger

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The daughters in players’ IG lives running damage control…the optics of this are looking bad smh 

Harsin's daughters are showing up in player IG Live to handle damage control? You can't make up a soap opera this good

5 minutes ago, jknighton said:

When I compare the statements between Hunter/Monday to Shenker/Hall it tells 2 different stories. Even Kobe Hudson said Harsin would be the next Nick Saban if he learned how to talk to people. I'm not taking Harsin's side, but so far all the "evidence" is he's an a**hole. 

The ones who left sound soft as Charmin.

If you don't think these kids care and want a supportive and loving coach, then why are we preaching family?

Family gives a s*** about your players.  Family might actually know the players parents (one point in the IG).  So people who want a badass football coach and also someone who cares about them is soft?

IDK what you envision as "family"

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

You must think you carry more weight then you do bro. I just called you out because you said both sides need to be said and you been posting one side all morning so..... How else was I gonna say it? 🤷 You cant say it needs to be one way then still only saying one way that's not how it works.

However I'm not gonna get in an argument with you because we all know that's like arguing with a brick wall so....

I haven't been posting any side. I've been speaking on both sides that was posted and gave the opinion it's literally in the middle but you seem to do this every so often. I guess you want to make sure that I don't have any type of status on here. Ok. I don't

You see when you really don't care it's easy to tell. I wouldn't ever have a reply like that towards you because I really don't care. I asked a question and it upset you for whatever reason.....and you rolled your eyes.

Cool

Edited by cole256
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, lutzcammed said:

what is IG live

Yay, something about social media I know as a Gen Xer ;)

It's live chat on Instagram

• Haha 2

Just wait to ppl start finding out about "spaces"

World will be flipped upside down

• Haha 1

How many people on this board has ever been a head coach on the Div. 1 level? I'll take a guess and say none. How many on this board are close to what goes on inside Auburn's Football Facility? I'll take a guess and say none again. Yet, people, arm chair fans, have the nerve to tell a coach how he should run his program according to their little knowledge about anything really. Some of you dudes really need to stop posting so much. Again, it is not a good look! 

Harsin stays and for those who don't like him, do cheer for someone else. The Auburn Family wants nothing to do with you. While you are leaving, please take the boosters who are trying to undermine what Coach Harsin is trying to implement.

The young people of today are so entitled, after having done nothing, and they totally take for granted the things they have been afforded. I have never once wanted a coach to be my buddy and friend. I understand some of these players come from broken homes but life is not going to be kind to you so if Smoke is crying about his parents not being spoken to build a bridge and get over it. This soft generation is basura! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 4

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

Here's your trait: "Work, hard work..."

So no coach since Pat Dye has believed in working hard for Auburn? We can’t find another coach than Harsin that believes in that. Harsin saying the right things doesn’t equate to him being the second coming of Dye and it certainly shouldn’t absolve him of damning character traits (if such get proven to be true)

2 minutes ago, selias said:

Harsin's daughters are showing up in player IG Live to handle damage control? You can't make up a soap opera this good

McClain hosted one (it may still be going) and there were some players in it broadly talking about the program. Dayn dropped in, commented what she did, and they addressed it 

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah it is interesting how we are getting away from this tidbit

I don't think we're getting away from it, we just don't have much to go on with it.  And in the absence of some kind of corroborating data, it's not fair to drag others into this muck and disparage them.  So it's on the side burner for now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Has the improper relationship been Debunked? Everyone now is focusing on how mean Harsin is.

Yeah, what sucks about this is the alleged affair opened the door to all this other stuff.  If the alleged affair isn't true, the coup may still succeed because of all the damage.  Still, in the days of NIL, a coach who can't work with the boosters is an immense handicap, and that's probably why this is not a recoverable situation. IMHO, anyway.

2 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

The young people of today are so entitled, after having done nothing

[massive wet fart noise]

• Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Has the improper relationship been Debunked? Everyone now is focusing on how mean Harsin is.

No.  But until it's more than just rumor, we're not dragging some possibly innocent woman through the mud over it.

Just now, W.E.D said:

If you don't think these kids care and want a supportive and loving coach, then why are we preaching family?

Family gives a s*** about your players.  Family might actually know the players parents (one point in the IG).  So people who want a badass football coach and also someone who cares about them is soft?

IDK what kinda family you have

Statements from Hudson saying he would be on the 1st bus back if Malzahn came back to AU tells me all I need to know.

What about the players who are coming to his defense? You automatically assume he doesn't care about them because he's being tough on them? Maybe this can open his eyes to the fact that he needs to do a better job showing he does care while being tough. 

Idk about your family either, but remember you're behind a keyboard.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Starters?? I didn’t know that Lee Hunter, Ian Mathews, joko and the like were starters.   For what team?  Are you talking about possibly starting next year?

Bro everything is so confused here. The 6 or 7 guys that's being posted are starters pretty much the love Harsin side. 

You quoted my post asking why are people just posting one side of the tweets

wooten says it. its a culture change. one i was pretty sure everyone thought we needed. this seemingly has gone from salacious affair with staffer to harsin is mean to players real quick.

7 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

There are 2 possible endings in my opinion:

1. CBH did something really terrible that is tangible and can be proven and he will be fired.

2. Jetgate part 2 is happening and we will again look ridiculous and our program will be very damaged. 

Both of these are equally sad chapters for our program. The difference is in case 1, we can find a coach to come in and start fixing things. If it is #2, or perceived to be #2, good luck finding a high caliber coach to come to AU. Brent Venables recent comments about our program may be more relevant than we care to admit. It is going to be an interesting couple of days to see how it plays out. 

I agree. If he’s committed a wrong that falls under the termination offense, then I can accept it. I am not happy in the current direction of the program, but I do think the football program had become very lazy and undisciplined under GM. Now if this is due to some of the recent players not liking a coach that yells or speaks his mind, then that’s on the individual. This is a contact sport and people that play it need to have thick skin for numerous reasons. I mean there was a Tampa Bay game the other week where Bruce Arians, the HC knocked the hell out of one of his players heads, because he was trying to keep him from causing a penalty. I’m not saying this is right, because he was fined $50k for the incident, but from what I have gathered, Harsin is a much more hard nosed coach than our prior one and maybe just maybe some of these players are truly to soft to play for him. Last, if this is just more meddling by the money people, then Auburn deserves everything bad thing that comes its way. No top tier coach would touch this program with so many so called Chiefs wanting a hand in every decision. Bottom line is, if he committed an offense that is fireable, then he deserves to go, if he hit a player or was derogatory as in racial overtones, he deserves to go, but other than that, the guy is attempting to change what I view as a very lazy undisciplined team. If it’s the PTB pulling this crap, then to hell with them, because money can’t buy common sense. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Yeah, what sucks about this is the alleged affair opened the door to all this other stuff.  If the alleged affair isn't true, the coup may still succeed because of all the damage.  Still, in the days of NIL, a coach who can't work with the boosters is an immense handicap, and that's probably why this is not a recoverable situation. IMHO, anyway.

They are going to have to pay his buyout then. So far on the player abuse front there has not been any public allegations about gross mistreatment. Just that he's an a-hole, which we all knew a while ago