Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

27 minutes ago, Tampa Tiger said:

I hope you're right.  The timing of this with the other schools DUI and whining about NIL is SUS

So you think a bammer started all of this current raucous to the point where the BOT & Prez Gouge are behind closed doors sussing out fact from fiction at this very minute and it's just a fabrication to divert attention away from Golding's DUI & Saban's bitchfest about NIL?

They are an evil bunch over there, but the side piece rumor started 2 days before Golding got arrested and there's been constant talk of Harsin pissing folks off for well over a month now. This ALL hit a fever pitch after we tanked on NSD. 

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Between the tweets from past and present players and Harsin on ESPN, this has turned into a PR nightmare for Auburn. I feel terrible for everyone involved. And it hurts to watch Auburn destroy itself. 

At least it's not happening during the season or right before a signing day...

18 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Lots of ifs here but IF

The PTB drummed up rumors (that didn’t involve football related issues)to try and force him to resign so they didn’t have to pay him..and 

IF 

CBH hasn’t mistreated players/coaches in a way that violates their basic humanity and 

IF 

he keeps his job and 
IF he is successful, he will break the PTB’s strangle hold on the football program.. IF all of this is the case, I’m really pulling for CBH now more than ever.

If a coup fails the leader is made stronger. If the PTB want him fired without cause, they better not miss because I don’t think CBH is stepping down 

When the PTB choose to set up a meeting and board a JET to take a contingent of other PTB's to meet with a coach before they've even fired the current coach.....I believe they are capable of doing most anything to get their way.  And you are correct, Tubs came away from that stronger than those fools ever thought and turned in an undefeated 2004 season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gctiger said:

At least it's not happening during the season or right before a signing day...

We can truthfully say this would have had no effect on our signing day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Im wasting the time of a guy in a TMZ version of a CFB thread in the middle of the workday

Alright man. 

You are the oldest child I have ever known. 23 or 24 whatever tf you are going on 84 lmao.

8 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

So you think a bammer started all of this current raucous to the point where the BOT & Prez Gouge are behind closed doors sussing out fact from fiction at this very minute and it's just a fabrication to divert attention away from Golding's DUI & Saban's bitchfest about NIL?

They are an evil bunch over there, but the side piece rumor started 2 days before Golding got arrested and there's been constant talk of Harsin pissing folks off for well over a month now. This ALL hit a fever pitch after we tanked on NSD. 

This is self-inflicted wound.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Initially we were happy to get an old school coach like Harsin that would instill some discipline that was (thought) missing in our program.  It appears he is too old school for a lot of players.  Are we getting to the point the players are demanding what will happen with the program?  An honest question.

It’s almost like a strike coordinated by disgruntled workers.

And from my experience, this never ends well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

It has been posted, and it is interesting, but wow, this just makes it worse.  If we actually hired somebody unqualified to be the OC, that just makes the chaos that much worse.  It's a terrible reflection on everyone.

• Facepalm 1

43 minutes ago, Tampa Tiger said:

I hope you're right.  The timing of this with the other schools DUI and whining about NIL is SUS

This literally makes no sense.  They aren't scared of us, especially after that performance on Signing Day.  Auburn is doing this to itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coaching search Auburn is the best and most fun Auburn. IT IS LIKE COCAINE!!! INJECT THAT ISH IN MY VEINS!!!! lol. I am always rooting for that if it is actually a viable option on the table UNTIL it is abundantly clear we have found our BRUUUUUUCE for football. I JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN!!! and if we are not going to win a lot of games on the field lets at least have fun off the field!!! lmao 

kermit-druggie.gif

simpsons-hook-it-to-my-veins.gif

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Coaching search Auburn is the best and most fun Auburn. IT IS LIKE COCAINE!!! INJECT THAT ISH IN MY VEINS!!!! lol. I am always rooting for that if it is actually a viable option on the table UNTIL it is abundantly clear we have found our BRUUUUUUCE for football. I JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN!!! and if we are not going to win a lot of games on the field lets at least have fun off the field!!! lmao 

kermit-druggie.gif

simpsons-hook-it-to-my-veins.gif

That's heroine 

• Haha 1

This is a very very interesting case study in to the line of thinking of different message boards of Auburn fans. The Bunker?! I would say about 97 % of them want him fired. BEFORE THIS they wanted him fired and gone and are the most invested in this because they did not think that could possibly happen. 247 AU board? It seems to be about a 60/40 split in favor of wanting him to stay. This site of all the major AU boards seem to be the only place that is emphatically wanting him to stay. Just using this thread as evidence I would say it is 80/20 or 75/25 at worse in folks wanting him to stay. 

Are any of y'all familiar with how university firings work? Does Gogue have to recommend it to the board and then they vote, or can a board member motion for a vote himself without the Presidents involvement? 

Just now, W.E.D said:

That's heroine 

SIR!!!! SIR!!! DO not let facts get in the way of a good gif!!! lol 

AmusedAnchoredBlackfly-size_restricted.g

17 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

The bammurs are a ruthless bunch, but a few folks are giving them way too much credit!

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

Are any of y'all familiar with how university firings work? Does Gogue have to recommend it to the board and then they vote, or can a board member motion for a vote himself without the Presidents involvement? 

I don't know, but I think I know? (Was on a D1 faculty athletics committee.) I would think the president can fire anyone who's not tenured or protected, but they would want the board behind them with a head football coach. Just like it's the AD's job to fire a coach, but they want the president behind them.

• Like 1

Datapoint from another board, just FYI: There were 44 underclassmen from 1998 (110 total on the roster) who weren't on the 1999 roster after CTT came in. 

32 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Between the tweets from past and present players and Harsin on ESPN, this has turned into a PR nightmare for Auburn. I feel terrible for everyone involved. And it hurts to watch Auburn destroy itself. 

Actually if anything it made Harsin look better. I mean the guy lost six games in a row, did not sign a single player on the last signing day, lost tons of coaches, and players are transferring out. Now people are going to feel sorry for him. If the PTB wanted him out, All they had to do was wait. Harsin was doing that all on his own. 
now everyone will rally around him. Just like Jetgate. 
Maybe we will go undefeated next year now.