Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

22 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I fully believe bama pushed the Cam thing hard and fast as our game with them approached.   Once the Heisman award was given - it all went away.  Hmmmm.

With the bama  DC in trouble and creating PR nightmare, them losing to thuga and Auburn sweeping them in MBB, I suspect bama is cranking out the rumors.  They have grads with journalism degrees all over.

That is my suspicion.  

Yes, your school has no problems. Alabama is at the root of all of it.

Good Lord.

Wonder why the boosters are able to run that place? The conspiracy talk is like born into you people. I don't even have a dog in the hunt. I'm in Texas. Good grief, you really believe ALABAMA is your problem here?

Are there ANY mirrors on campus at Auburn?

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

Good Lord.

Wonder why the boosters are able to run that place? The conspiracy talk is like born into you people. I don't even have a dog in the hunt. I'm in Texas. Good grief, you really believe ALABAMA is your problem here?

Its easier for some to blame the big bad boogeyman REC when things are not going great at Auburn than actually look at the dysfunction around Auburn that causes the problems. 

Alabama lives rent free in some people’s heads. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

I would hand Kiffin the keys and wouldn't leave until he takes the position. If our money men are a problem you have to make sure their investment is a good one and someone they can trust to get the job done. Kiffin is that guy, he could pull the recruits even with Saban and Smart at the peak of success. Money men need to get the players and resources to get the job done and get the hell outta the way.

Edited by The Defiant

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

1-2-3 Cancun!

Ted Cruz?

5 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

Good Lord.

Are you an Auburn fan?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

Good Lord.

Auburn fans have been very quick to blame the REC as long as I've been alive.

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Are you an Auburn fan?

No, sir, not really; I've always respected the Auburn-Alabama rivalry as the best in sports, not just in college. I live in Texas. I'm a freelance reporter. I always enjoy this site because the fans are passionate about their school. The comment about Alabama being to blame for problems just pushed me over the edge. I'm sorry, man. Just couldn't believe it, although AEAugirl pointed out a lot of Auburn folks have long blamed the REC for their problems -- I guess that stands for Red Elephant Club, if I understood right?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Defiant said:

I would hand Kiffin the keys and wouldn't leave until he takes the position. 

not sure Joey Freshwater's the guy you call when you have a "co-ed"  problem

..and, right now, OlePiss -> AU  = lateral move

Edited by EagleEye67
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

No, sir, not really; I've always respected the Auburn-Alabama rivalry as the best in sports, not just in college. I live in Texas. I'm a freelance reporter. I always enjoy this site because the fans are passionate about their school. The comment about Alabama being to blame for problems just pushed me over the edge. I'm sorry, man. Just couldn't believe it, although AEAugirl pointed out a lot of Auburn folks have long blamed the REC for their problems -- I guess that stands for Red Elephant Club, if I understood right?

You have that same dynamic with Alabama fans as well…..just not as recently as they haven’t had as many problems in that regard but during the late 90’s/early 2000’s….yikes.  

There is always a fringe that points to the other side of the state and places blame but there is also some ugly history between the two that has somewhat fueled it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Between the tweets from past and present players and Harsin on ESPN, this has turned into a PR nightmare for Auburn. I feel terrible for everyone involved. And it hurts to watch Auburn destroy itself. 

I'm not sure if there is any school out there that does that more than we do. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

People saying this was started by the REC is cracking me up. Auburn isn't pimple on their backside right now. If they were trying to go after somebody to cover up the DUI, it wouldn't be Auburn

You must be young. Bammer hates Auburn and will take every opportunity they can to damage Auburn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Like him or not, Lee is a hell of a writer. Writing was probably my best attribute growing up, and I can tell when I see someone who has passion behind constructing an article 

I think its curious Harsin ran to Pete Thamel to give his interview considering his history with Auburn and garbage reporting during 2010. 

I hate Pete Thamel, but he just tweeted this:  Source: Auburn AD Allen Greene met with seven or eight veteran players this evening to address the uncertainty around Bryan Harsin’s future. He delivered a simple message — stay the course and control what you can control, as there’s no clarity. Team operating as normal.

Just now, Tmoney56 said:

You must be young. Bammer hates Auburn and will take every opportunity they can to damage Auburn.

So you really believe Alabama is causing this? Oh my gosh... those boosters I read about here must really have hypnotic powers.

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Like him or not, Lee is a hell of a writer. Writing was probably my best attribute growing up, and I can tell when I see someone who has passion behind constructing an article 

I mean it was brutal, but honestly I thought it was a well written piece and he makes a lot of solid points. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

"things will get better with him, or without him."

Bold statement, Cotton

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I think its curious Harsin ran to Pete Thamel to give his interview considering his history with Auburn and garbage reporting during 2010. 

I hate Pete Thamel, but he just tweeted this:  Source: Auburn AD Allen Greene met with seven or eight veteran players this evening to address the uncertainty around Bryan Harsin’s future. He delivered a simple message — stay the course and control what you can control, as there’s no clarity. Team operating as normal.

Thamel was in the very large auburn Twitter space last night. He knows the game and how to play it

• Like 1