Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

13 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

No, sir, not really; I've always respected the Auburn-Alabama rivalry as the best in sports, not just in college. I live in Texas. I'm a freelance reporter. I always enjoy this site because the fans are passionate about their school. The comment about Alabama being to blame for problems just pushed me over the edge. I'm sorry, man. Just couldn't believe it, although AEAugirl pointed out a lot of Auburn folks have long blamed the REC for their problems -- I guess that stands for Red Elephant Club, if I understood right?

Yes, that's the REC. Alot of older fans still peddle in the conspiracy theories. When I was a boy my Dad would always talk about the REC.

• Like 1

I have no idea why some of you are acting like there is no there there.  Good Lord.  I'm not talking about the personal assistant.  The fact that he can't work with normal people is a problem.

• Facepalm 2

Just now, Didba said:

Yes, that's the REC. Alot of older fans still peddle in the conspiracy theories. When I was a boy my Dad would always talk about the REC.

And I've read about Gene Jelks and Eric Ramsey, and a lot of that. I just can't believe some people can't see beyond the old ways and actually believe Alabama "operatives" have something to do with the center of this. If anything, it seems Alabama powers would WANT Harsin to stay. Again, an outside opinion.

2 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

And I've read about Gene Jelks and Eric Ramsey, and a lot of that. I just can't believe some people can't see beyond the old ways and actually believe Alabama "operatives" have something to do with the center of this. If anything, it seems Alabama powers would WANT Harsin to stay. Again, an outside opinion.

That’s nothing.  Go research their history with Tennessee and Fulmer/Albert Means saga…..specifically Logan Young, the AL booster who died alone in his house eating a salad 😂

It makes the Jelks stuff look silly. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I fully believe bama pushed the Cam thing hard and fast as our game with them approached.   Once the Heisman award was given - it all went away.  Hmmmm.

With the bama  DC in trouble and creating PR nightmare, them losing to thuga and Auburn sweeping them in MBB, I suspect bama is cranking out the rumors.  They have grads with journalism degrees all over.

That is my suspicion.  

I grew up near Columbiana Alabama and there was this long standing joke that the Devil had not been to Columbiana in over 100 years. He would just stop at the top of the overlooking mountain and see that the locals were already being quite effective at achieving HIS objectives and move on to the next town where he could make a difference.

We don't need any help from UAT, we are perfectly capable of causing this type chaos all by ourselves. The problem with blaming outsiders for ALL of our problems is that the true cause is never really addressed, we just blame it all on this mysterious dark force.

• Like 3

Just now, Bro Johnny Mac said:

We deserve trolls... 

Im beginning to feel like Eor...

Not a troll, man, I just don't understand. You guys could be a power if the people in charge would get together with the athletic department instead of working against each other. With work and the right coaches, you could be there with Alabama, Georgia, and (I guess still) Clemson, instead of winning every 2-3 years.

• Like 1

What coach would want to come here after this mess anyways? If Harsin did anything wrong, then fire him, but until then, this school needs to learn how to not hang itself. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

That’s nothing.  Go research their history with Tennessee and Fulmer/Albert Means saga…..specifically Logan Young, the AL booster who died alone in his house eating a salad 😂

Read about that, too. I know there's "stuff" that goes on everywhere. I guess I just don't get all the in-fighting at AU. Looks like the Alabama-Georgia stuff would galvanize Auburn, not cause them to fight against their own.

1 minute ago, Mitchie said:

Read about that, too. I know there's "stuff" that goes on everywhere. I guess I just don't get all the in-fighting at AU. Looks like the Alabama-Georgia stuff would galvanize Auburn, not cause them to fight against their own.

Booster problems like AU has used to be even worse at Alabama.  Nick Saban put a hard stop to that. 

• Like 1

Just now, AEAugirl said:

Booster problems like AU has used to be even worse at Alabama.  Nick Saban put a hard stop to that. 

Auburn needs their own Saban. I know, insert joke here, like "Sabans don't grow on trees." I get it. Saban had no attachment to 'Bama. I guess if Harsin gets fired this close after Malzahn, might hae a hard time getting someone of note to get the job. I thought earlier today that if Harsin got the boot, maybe Auburn would call Clay Helton and a kick-butt defensive coordinator, but I don't know... Maybe Helton would be hesitant right now. Maybe not, though.

• Facepalm 2

7 hours ago, CR said:

Matthews said Harsin showed up at Central Phenix City the DAY BEFORE the Jr Day trying to get players to attend. A school 30 min away that had 3 of the top 20 players in the state.

Just one of many, many mistakes he made!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Yes and all the UT Grads in the DA's office, police dept, AG's office (Young lived in Memphis), covered up the fact that  the REC had Logan Young knocked off because all of these UT grads wanted to protect UAT because, well, I forget the logic why/how it goes from there, but I know the REC did because I read it on an AU forum, one of the most objective sites to get info about UAT.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Ok…again…don’t understand folks that say this is the mysterious boosters (PTB)…

People are trying to make sense of the failures seen in the program. Someone starts an unsubstantiated  rumor online. A couple of two-bit beat reporters make $ populating the rumor, and people sit behind their keyboards passing judgment about things that they know nothing about. 

How does this turn into a booster (PTB) problem again?

I’m sorry. I just don’t get it. 

This rumor is just that, and it’s terrible and wrong. I ultimately think the man won’t succeed here and it’s a bad fit, but this attack on his character is gross. We shouldn’t support any of it. 

Probably because historically boosters have been involved in messy situations with coaches before

• Like 1

No one should excuse reprehensible conduct. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be any here and it's starting to feel like a total witch hunt with back stabbing, which we have seen too many times. Want to man up and fire him with buyout because of results? That's fine. But smearing this man and his family is sick.

Remember that there are assistants on staff and support staffers with young children whose jobs are also at stake. If there are legitimate causes, fine. But if this truly is a smear campaign, which it looks like as of right now, the people that started it need to be fired, removed from the BOT, etc. That behavior is completely abominable and we've seen it before

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Probably because historically boosters have been involved in messy situations with coaches before

Yes!   The PTB is always A problem, even if they aren’t specifically THE problem in a particular instance.   

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Hearing reports that BoT or Pres asked Harsin to come back from his vacation and he flat out told them no,  ADAG was supposed to be in Montgomery for a BoT meeting and he skipped it to be in Auburn to meet the players.

I know rich folk do it different. But isn't this a weird time to be taking a Vacation? Is this a dead time for college coaches?

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

I know rich folk do it different. But isn't this a weird time to be taking a Vacation? Is this a dead time for college coaches?

It is. A lot of them take time off after signing day.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Falling upstairs is hard to do. That's why the majority of people don't do it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

When I was a boy, my Dad would show me REC corespondence (he was a bammer). And none of it was within NCAA rules No conspracy theories, the REC is real and controls the press in Alabama and recruiting in all of college football.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Ok…again…don’t understand folks that say this is the mysterious boosters (PTB)…

People are trying to make sense of the failures seen in the program. Someone starts an unsubstantiated  rumor online. A couple of two-bit beat reporters make $ populating the rumor, and people sit behind their keyboards passing judgment about things that they know nothing about. 

How does this turn into a booster (PTB) problem again?

I’m sorry. I just don’t get it. 

This rumor is just that, and it’s terrible and wrong. I ultimately think the man won’t succeed here and it’s a bad fit, but this attack on his character is gross. We shouldn’t support any of it. 

Yes and if this is the case, these two-bit reporters need to be ostracized and ignored to the point that they are forced to find employment elsewhere. CBH being a bad fit or not for AU, this is very damaging to a family and Program. 

Was hoping this was the case: Upper administration officials at Auburn, including executive vice president and chief operating officer Lt. Gen. Ron Burgess, have conducted interviews with some of the people exiting, sources told ESPN.

If General Burgess is involved, and seems like he may even be heading it up, the right thing will be done!

• Like 3