Men vs Texas A&M Game Thread

Maverick.AU

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I mean to someone on the outside it looks so simple, I know it's more complex, but.... flan: defense and drive the lane, DC defense/rebounding and off ball cutter to the basket 

I know Bruce lets players have freedom in the game but at some point you have to hope the players will play to their strengths and Cambridge should never shoot another 3.

• Like 2

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

I know Bruce lets players have freedom in the game but at some point you have to hope the players will play to their strengths and Cambridge should never shoot another 3.

I mean last year or whatever he was at least making them at home, now he's not making them regardless of arena 😔

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Good for us. Ark has the tie-breaker over us and only had 3 losses

FYI. Head-to-head matters for SEC tourney seeding, but not for regular season championship. If there is a tie then you have co-champions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I've got to think the blow out status influenced the decision to take the 3's. Doubt if they would have done so in a close game.  They are trying to prove they can/should take them when it matters, but instead of building confidence, we're hurting it.

Just wanted to say thank you to those of you that provide updates during the games. I'm often unable to watch and I look forward to this thread each gameday. Keep up the good work!

• Like 4

We crushed them and it still felt like we played bad. Defense looked great but goodness it felt like an offensive grind. We missed 3's and turned the ball over a lot. 

I suppose that goes to show how good this team is. We still won in a blowout. 

Lots of stuff to improve on but the defensive effort was great and that will translate very well to the NCAA tournament

• Like 8

Only problem I really left with is that there’s still not a counter to when they trap off the 1-5 PnR, esp when it’s Wendell and Walker. Walker can survive without as evidenced, but those plays open up so much for the second unit and have been the backbone for this program for a few years now

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lots of stuff to improve on but the defensive effort was great and that will translate very well to the NCAA tournament

Mainly due to zep and his energy. Dude is so vastly underrated from that standpoint. Bruce knows how to find guys, it's almost unbelievable how well he can evaluate 

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Mainly due to zep and his energy. Dude is so vastly underrated from that standpoint. Bruce knows how to find guys, it's almost unbelievable how well he can evaluate 

The thing I love about Pearl is it isn't come in and play this way, he evaluates guys and play to their strengths and weaknesses. To me that's the ultimate coach.

• Like 5

Defense looked really good.  Without Kessler, would have really looked ugly with all the missed shots and turnovers, especially in the first half.  Flanigan getting better but still not there.  Confidence is increasing and hope that we have near his level from last year by SEC tourney time.  Wendall and Jabari had quiet games, especially Wendall.  Was not needed as much, so no worries.  He can turn it on when he needs to.  Didn't really need to today. 

Glad to see Alabama beat Arky.  They along with Tennessee and Kentucky are on our heals.  Now just a little more breathing room from Arky.  With KY's victory over Florida, we really need a Tennessee victory over KY on Tuesday.  I expect us to come out with the same intensity against Vandy at home.  Stop Pippen and should be similar result or even better than today's win.

6 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Couldn't agree more.  But I sure do love how hard Cambridge plays getting those offensive rebounds.

• Like 2

I haven’t been able to read the thread because I’ve been away from the computer today. Proud of the win. Is anyone a little worried about our shooting right now? Not trying to be a Debbie downer by any means but I hope our shooting improves come March. 

14 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

The guys on the list played multiple years:

Shaq O’Neal:        1990 - 1992

Nick Calathes:      2007 -2008

Roy Rogers:          1992 – 1996

Jarvis Varnado:   2006 – 2010

Yes, Walker has previously played at UNC for 1 year but it was in a different role.  As a likely 1 and done player at Auburn, he accomplished this feat in 25 games so far.  He still has a number of games to go and could easily do this again given our number of remaining SEC games.  

• Like 1

For the guys that play ball still I suggest trying out melo balls new shoes. Puma mb 01. They seriously may be the most comfortable pair of basketball shoes I've ever played in. 

Really try them out, check reviews on YouTube as well, I read about them and had high expectations but I was still blown away. I wasn't expecting them to be that comfortable.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

For the guys that play ball still I suggest trying out melo balls new shoes. Puma mb 01. They seriously may be the most comfortable pair of basketball shoes I've ever played in. 

Really try them out, check reviews on YouTube as well, I read about them and had high expectations but I was still blown away. I wasn't expecting them to be that comfortable.

Are they lightweight and do they have support? I may give these a shot.

Edited by thewhiz7
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, thewhiz7 said:

Are they lightweight and do they have support? I may give these a shot.

They are both! And there's something about them that I can't put my finger on but it makes them awesome. I don't know if I'm expressing myself well enough to make sense but I feel like there's something going on about the shoe that's great but I can't put my finger on it. 

They have nice cushion as well. It's just a very comfortable shoe. But look up a few reviews on YouTube from professionals and they will do a much better job talking about them than me. But I have to say I LOVE mine!

• Like 1

Thanks @cole256  My struggle has been a shoe that has a lot of padding/comfort has had a big and bulky feel. My cuts are not a quick. I may not be making sense but the non bulky feel is really important to me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

Thanks @cole256  My struggle has been a shoe that has a lot of padding/comfort has had a big and bulky feel. My cuts are not a quick. I may not be making sense but the non bulky feel is really important to me.

Yes,I understand. These feel very light on my feet. I can't jump the way that I used to but I'm still very competitive and I move pretty quick. 

It's hard to explain but the bottom of the shoe's rubber is different. It made me feel like my cuts are more stable or is quicker or something