Promotions for Kiesau, Bellatoni and Etheridge

Tony4AU

Jlee confirms Adam Henry is one to watch for WR along with Billy Gonzales and Jonathan Wallace. Each would be great imo, with Henry being the obvious home run that seems unrealistic. Still not getting my hopes up that we go outside the staff, but we can hope right, lol

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Def probably been spun like that, especially with stories and articles of coaches bailing at Boise.

The timing seems weird. They already had a WR coach. OC was hired in late December...so did Kiesau turn it down? That would be odd...but also maybe in line with the rumors he turned Harsin down initially. Idk

If rumors  were true (turned OC down) he logically would have turned down Ole Miss too.

Edited by Hank2020

4 hours ago, Viper said:

2022 WILL BE MORE THAN 1 YEAR FOR IT TO BE DETERMINED. AND HE WILL BE HISTORY AS PREDICTED.

The sad part is it didn't take a 2nd year for it to be determined as evidenced by the coup to exorcise him.

I've warned folks here for months, LONG before his DC & OC flub-ups. Plenty of time to accept reality and abandon ship.

Even stubborn-azz mcgoofus FINALLY has seen the light with Harsin's recruiting. Took him a few months, but I managed to rescue one of you.

But no. MAJOR buffoonery after buffoonery by Harsin, you refuse to see the RAGING dumpster fire he has created. You literally are going to be holding on till the very bitter end.

And I'm going to laugh at you and the last few remaining pumpers when it happens.

Come on bro, be strong mentally... U can do it. Just out of curiosity,  do u have someone that u would like to coach AU? Or do u just hate Harsin so much u would take anyone else?

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Jlee confirms Adam Henry is one to watch for WR along with Billy Gonzales and Jonathan Wallace. Each would be great imo, with Henry being the obvious home run that seems unrealistic. Still not getting my hopes up that we go outside the staff, but we can hope right, lol

From what I read Henry still interviewing for NFL job. See him taking it only if all NFL jibes fall through.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DAG said:

And this is why people need to stop comparing CNS to CBH and vice versa. CBH hasn’t proved a dang thing and his recruiting is just okay . Btw , I am not saying you are doing that . I’ve seen a lot of people mention Saban and I cringe. You have made some great points . Ultimately , it is going to come down to wins and losses. If he was acting this way and he had a top five recruiting class coming in, he would not have nearly as much push back. 

I totally agree about the Harsin and Saban comparisons. It gets old hearing "Saban was 7-6 his first season and lost to La. Monroe. Kirby Smart was 8-5 his first season at Georgia." And what those fans refuse to look at is how Saban and Kirby both had top 3 recruiting classes immediately. And Saban started out 12-0 his 2nd season while beating Auburn 36-0 to end the losing streak in the Iron Bowl. Kirby led Georgia to an SEC Championship in his 2nd season and they played for the National Title that same season. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Harsin doesn't have a year 2 like those other 2 coaches did and he sure as hell doesn't have the recruiting classes like the other 2. It's like comparing apples to oranges. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Come on bro, be strong mentally... U can do it. Just out of curiosity,  do u have someone that u would like to coach AU? Or do u just hate Harsin so much u would take anyone else?

Put him on ignore he is one of the worst posters on this board. Gus lover.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Didba said:

Put him on ignore he is one of the worst posters on this board. Gus lover.

Gus lover. That explains it. Knew it had to be something 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Yup. Most recently with Cowboys. Wasn't retained after this year

That was the death nail lol

2 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I totally agree about the Harsin and Saban comparisons. It gets old hearing "Saban was 7-6 his first season and lost to La. Monroe. Kirby Smart was 8-5 his first season at Georgia." And what those fans refuse to look at is how Saban and Kirby both had top 3 recruiting classes immediately. And Saban started out 12-0 his 2nd season while beating Auburn 36-0 to end the losing streak in the Iron Bowl. Kirby led Georgia to an SEC Championship in his 2nd season and they played for the National Title that same season. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Harsin doesn't have a year 2 like those other 2 coaches did and he sure as hell doesn't have the recruiting classes like the other 2. It's like comparing apples to oranges. 

Both of those coaches had been recruiting this area for over 10 years. They had an advantage over Harsin in that area, also they are two of the dirtiest players in the game when it comes to recruiting. No way I think an outsider like Harsin will have a 2nd year class like those two. He has a lot of catching up to do.

• Like 1

Harsin has been given a chance. He's squandered it. He promoted Schmedding to DC before any questions about his job security were made and before the rumors or the investigation came out. There was no 'search' for a DC. You can't spin that or use revisionist history to try and defend Harsin's decision to promote Schmedding.

Kiesau has been in the mix for the OC job this whole time. Harsin decided to hire Austin Davis instead of promoting Kiesau back in December but then when Davis resigned he went back to Kiesau. The only thing that changed for Harsin when he promoted Kiesau yesterday were the optics after the investigation. Harsin has been able to hire anyone he's wanted except for Zak Hill who the compliance department wouldn't clear because of the NCAA issues at Arizona State.

It was Derek Mason leaving that created a PR disaster for Harsin. The way Mason left did more to damage Harsin's ability to hire big name assistants to Auburn than the investigation did. But those defending Harsin refuse to acknowledge that point. The ptb didn't cause Mason to walk away from $1.5 million and take a $400K pay cut.

This narrative that Harsin has been handicapped by boosters and hasn't been given support doesn't hold much water. We had 2 highly paid coordinators this past season who are both gone because of Harsin. He's got us on the wrong track but yet people still want to defend him because he's 'changing the culture' lmao.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 5
  • Dislike 2

19 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

never been on a farm I see.

All of my dad’s family are farmers up in Indiana.  So I could say I have been on a farm once or twice.  Not sure what that has to do with my joke though…

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

All of my dad’s family are farmers up in Indiana.  So I could say I have been on a farm once or twice.  Not sure what that has to do with my joke though…

not sure what to tell ya'

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

not sure what to tell ya'

A castrated bull can still defecate, which is what the emoji was.  So my joke was that you can castrate a bull, but he can still cause bull-****.

I guess I am just funnier in my head 

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2022 at 6:24 AM, McLoofus said:

Yes, Harsin did this to himself. He fired a WR coach 4 games in, fired his OC, and ran off a beloved DC. He's failed to address the looming trainwreck on the offensive line and at the WR position. He's got no sure-fire SEC caliber QB on roster. He failed to sign a single player on the last signing day and even lost one of his precious few receivers with any experience.

These were all true before word of the investigation broke. 

Thank you for attempting to explain this to the Harsin Apologists!

11 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Harsin has been given a chance. He's squandered it. He promoted Schmedding to DC before any questions about his job security were made and before the rumors or the investigation came out. There was no 'search' for a DC. You can't spin that or use revisionist history to try and defend Harsin's decision to promote Schmedding.

Kiesau has been in the mix for the OC job this whole time. Harsin decided to hire Austin Davis instead of promoting Kiesau back in December but then when Davis resigned he went back to Kiesau. The only thing that changed for Harsin when he promoted Kiesau yesterday were the optics after the investigation. Harsin has been able to hire anyone he's wanted except for Zak Hill who the compliance department wouldn't clear because of the NCAA issues at Arizona State.

It was Derek Mason leaving that created a PR disaster for Harsin. The way Mason left did more to damage Harsin's ability to hire big name assistants to Auburn than the investigation did. But those defending Harsin refuse to acknowledge that point. The ptb didn't cause Mason to walk away from $1.5 million and take a $400K pay cut.

This narrative that Harsin has been handicapped by boosters and hasn't been given support doesn't hold much water. We had 2 highly paid coordinators this past season who are both gone because of Harsin. He's got us on the wrong track but yet people still want to defend him because he's 'changing the culture' lmao.

You are 100% spot on! Some people, just can’t admit when they’re wrong!

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 6:23 AM, Didba said:

Your obvious bias has been laughable for about four weeks now.

His biased to what? Common sense?

• Like 1

Maybe off topic, so Mods move if necessary. Everyone harps on Mason leaving for less 💰,  but is that really true?  He was under contract with Vandy thru 2023 according to the Tennessean. Usually if a fired coach takes another job that 3.5 million/ yr owed by Vandy would be minus whatever is new job pays. So essentially his pay is capped at 3.5 million. So if this is true,  Vandy would be on the hook for the 400k "pay cut". Unless Vandy is as brilliant as AU and gave him a Malzahn like contract where there is no mitigation. This is highly doubtful.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

On field results will determine Harsins fate.(As it should). Who the DC, OC or team manager he chooses won't. If he made the right choices, he stays, if not he goes. Simple as that.. Everything else don't matter, no matter how much people piss, whine, complain and cry about it. 

• Like 2