Men vs Miss State Game Thread

Maverick.AU

What are the odds we blow a 20-point lead to MSU in TWO sports in a year?!

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Guard play is just awful. Would love to hit the portal for some elite talent and clear some space. Some of these cats were a early season mirage and Flanigan is a shell of his former self. Sad but true. 

3 minutes ago, Auburn1992 said:

I'm sure Virginia thought the same a few years ago. 

Maybe they did. Maybe Auburn loses first round. Maybe they win it all. There is usually some kick involved in March. Not playing well again on the road tonight. I’m just sick of all the negativity by all our “fans” lately

1 minute ago, dmbseeker00 said:

12 turnovers, can't rebound, and Flannigan is still in the game.

In the era of free steps, how does one travel…twice!

I'm sorry but no other team would have Flan on the court with the way he's playing. Must be nice to have his daddy on the staff.

2 minutes ago, Auburn1992 said:

Just saying it isn't out of the realm of possibility. To think that if we play similarly like we have the past couple of road games that we couldn't lose to a 15 or 16 seed is just silly to me. 

Well just know, people that only spew negative about the team and are never here to say positives, that's no my style. I've been here through the ups and the downs and I will continue to yes call out the weaknesses, but I will believe in this team until they lose in the tourney.

• Like 1

State is not even doing anything complicated.  Ball fakes and finding open areas in paint. 

We gotta stop bailing out this team at some point by using whataboutisms and how other teams are playing on the road. We can’t both be some superb team that has a ceiling high above others AND try to abide by how other teams play 

It’s just a team playing consistent stretches of bad ball. Good stretches too, but those good stretches keep occurring in the time where the game doesn’t matter. Outside of these last gasp full court presses, we’re not playing good ball to close games. And I’d honestly say we play pretty similar systematically away from home than we do there. Take that how you may 

Hopefully Jabari and/or KD can bail us out again 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

What are the odds we blow a 20-point lead to MSU in TWO sports in a year?!

Auburn basketball team just said hold my beer. This team cannot play 2 halves of basketball, only one good one combined with another terrible one.

I wish Bruce would quit trying to always be their best friend and step up and make them feed Jabari. This YMCA crap is embarrassing. 

Bruce is a hell of a coach, one of the best in the business but I cannot for the life of me, having watched  game after game after game, understand what Flanigan is doing in the ball game.  And I root for the kid, I truly do and I appreciate him. It just doesn’t seem to me that he’s the best choiceAnd I root for the kid, I truly do and I appreciate him. It just doesn’t seem to me that he’s the best choice

• Like 2