Daren Bates goes off on AU boosters & hilarious roast of Jimmy Rane/Yellawood

Tiger

Now this is the kind of juicy content that I love!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

lol the hat

*NSFW language*

Can’t wait to hear how these guys aren’t qualified for an opinion because of their lingo and content but I am sure there is some truth to this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.   That doesn’t make what they say the truth or whether they even have the correct information.   If anyone really thinks that jimmy Rane is dictating what plays are called during a football is true, you are misinformed.    Does jimmy Rane have some sway in what happens at auburn university, you better believe it.  It would be hard to not feel that way.    I don’t agree that he should have any say on anything associated with the teams, coaching or day to day operations of the athletic department.   

Good post. The point I believe he was making is there are people who don’t have a football mind trying to extend their hand in football things. Clearly he was also throwing in some jokes in there. Additionally, I always find it funny how truthful people take insiders on here but when a player say it, it goes to “let’s put our thinking caps on and try to dissect it.” Not saying you did this. I think you had a great post but I definitely find the humor in it. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Did he really just start out by criticizing coaches for throwing the ball on 3rd and 10? I mean, I'm hoping that what he was getting at is that they shouldn't have been stupid the first two plays to have to be so predictable on third down, but Daren, come on now my brother, how often do you think the offense is going to convert 3rd and 10 on a running play?

I hope his logic gets better as this goes along.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Jay G Tate said it best to me. If Jimmy and company had as much power as everyone implies they do, Harsin wouldn’t be here. I think everyone wants to believe that there is a villian or group of villains that are holding Auburn back from becoming Bama, Georgia, or Clemson, but it’s a lot more likely that we aren’t as successful as those teams because we don’t have a centralized power that is reigning all the different people in and bringing them together. Hopefully the new president and athletic director fill those roles.

Leath set us back for a decade in many different ways.   In a word, he was an "arse."   In 2 words, he was "dumb arse."   I am hearing great things about Dr. Roberts.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Leath set us back for a decade in many different ways.   In a word, he was an "arse."   In 2 words, he was "dumb arse."   I am hearing great things about Dr. Roberts.

Leath is very possibly the root of so many of our current problems.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Did he really just start out by criticizing coaches for throwing the ball on 3rd and 10? I mean, I'm hoping that what he was getting at is that they shouldn't have been stupid the first two plays to have to be so predictable on third down, but Daren, come on now my brother, how often do you think the offense is going to convert 3rd and 10 on a running play?

I hope his logic gets better as this goes along.

I think it was the latter. or at least that's how I took it. Run on 1st and 2nd up the middle which is predictable and easier to stop leads to another predictable 3rd and long that is even easier to predict and stop.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Jay G Tate said it best to me. If Jimmy and company had as much power as everyone implies they do, Harsin wouldn’t be here. I think everyone wants to believe that there is a villian or group of villains that are holding Auburn back from becoming Bama, Georgia, or Clemson, but it’s a lot more likely that we aren’t as successful as those teams because we don’t have a centralized power that is reigning all the different people in and bringing them together. Hopefully the new president and athletic director fill those roles.

Then why can’t we hire a great coach? Always up and comers never a head liner. Listen to some of the statements from those who interview, were offered and ultimately refused. It’s not just Venerables or Smart either. I don’t claim to have insider info just see the writing on the wall that has been there for decades…

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Then why can’t we hire a great coach? Always up and comers never a head liner. Listen to some of the statements from those who interview, were offered and ultimately refused. It’s not just Venerables or Smart either. I don’t claim to have insider info just see the writing on the wall that has been there for decades…

Maybe it's because of who our rivals are? 

Edited by AUwent

4 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

J G Tate is an ass clown, who was it that wanted to make Steele the head coach? why was 2 coaches going behind Gus back reporting to SOMEONE??? why is it that Auburn constantly embarrassed itself and most are ok with it, unbelievable!! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

J G Tate is an ass clown, who was it that wanted to make Steele the head coach? why was 2 coaches going behind Gus back reporting to SOMEONE??? why is it that Auburn constantly embarrassed itself and most are ok with it, unbelievable!! 

Is Steele the head coach? No. Ok. Case rested. If yella fella was pulling all the strings, Brian Harsin never would have been head coach. And he certainly wouldn’t be the coach this year. You want to blame one person or group of boosters for a problem that involves tons of people, both in and out of the athletic department. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Leath was not the problem, Harsin, Greene, Leath as we have heard over and over again not a good fit because they are not AUBURN men, do all Auburn grads work in Auburn hell no, but this notion that someone with Auburn ties has to be here in key rolls is sickening and screams cultism..

• Like 3
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Is Steele the head coach? No. Ok. Case rested. If yella fella was pulling all the strings, Brian Harsin never would have been head coach. And he certainly wouldn’t be the coach this year. You want to blame one person or group of boosters for a problem that involves tons of people, both in and out of the athletic department. 

because the AD had enough NUTS to do his job and rightfully so, but you go on and keep your head in the sand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, eaglenest said:

because the AD had enough NUTS to do his job and rightfully so, but you go on and keep your head in the sand.

So you’re admitting the AD ultimately has the power and that if we consistently have an AD who will do that, our issues go away?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Because a head liner isn't going to put  up with micromanagement by a group of boosters that "Don't know s#!+ about football"

Edited by FASTCOMPANY
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

we don’t have a centralized power that is reigning all the different people in and bringing them together.

Not since Bobby

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not since Bobby

People can’t wrap their heads around this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

Because a head liner isn't going to put to put up with micromanagement by a group of boosters that "Don't know s#!+ about football"

Exactly my point!! Recruiting suffers, small NIL money, small budget = what we have today and will continue.JABA is a cult that is lead by men with power who want to dictate every aspect of Auburn football. Tommy Tubercille was the last real head coach that was good for Auburn, wonder why? He did not give a s¥!T what the PTB thought, hence spy gate, so I am really hoping CBH can win 7-8 games this season or he is ghost. I think he can ba a great HC if given the chance…

• Like 3