LSU vs FSU

WFE12

Once Kelly flushed out all the players who won’t buy in then LSU will be pretty good. He’s never not won anywhere. Until then, it will get ugly which is great for us. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, woodford said:

Once Kelly flushed out all the players who won’t buy in then LSU will be pretty good. He’s never not won anywhere. Until then, it will get ugly which is great for us. 

Just like in basketball

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 2:00 PM, woodford said:

It's amazing the benefit of the doubt he's given compared our HC that had a very similar situation.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It's amazing the benefit of the doubt he's given compared our HC that had a very similar situation.  

At first glance Harsin would seem to gel with the Auburn culture more so than Kelly at LSU. People obsess over Kelly fitting in at LSU and how it will never work.

He gets the benefit of the doubt because he took Notre Dame to two Playoffs and a NCG appearance, took Cincy to two BCS bowls, won two titles at Grand Valley. 

Harsin had a great run at Boise, but Kelly has been around longer and has more data.

16 minutes ago, woodford said:

At first glance Harsin would seem to gel with the Auburn culture more so than Kelly at LSU. People obsess over Kelly fitting in at LSU and how it will never work.

He gets the benefit of the doubt because he took Notre Dame to two Playoffs and a NCG appearance, took Cincy to two BCS bowls, won two titles at Grand Valley. 

Harsin had a great run at Boise, but Kelly has been around longer and has more data.

Oh I agree that CBK has done more, minus the ND time.  ND is set to back into the postseason. You saw how they looked against teams with pulses.

The difference is they they are saying the right things. 

At LSU:

Bad OL? They're terrible but it's not Brian Kelly's fault, he wasn't left any talent. Let's give him time to fix it. He's been successful everywhere else.

At Auburn: 

Bad OL? They're terrible! CBH didn't fix any of it!  I heard he's sleeping with a girl from the AD....Oh, and his daughters are sleeping with the whole team...Oh and look at all the Studs we have transferring...well, that's because he's a racist that can't relate to kids...he better win 22 game this year or he's fired....

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Oh I agree that CBK has done more, minus the ND time.  ND is set to back into the postseason. You saw how they looked against teams with pulses.

At LSU:

Bad OL? They're terrible but it's not Brian Kelly's fault, he wasn't left any talent. Let's give him time to fix it. He's been successful everywhere else.

At Auburn: 

Bad OL? They're terrible! CBH didn't fix any of it!  I heard he's sleeping with a girl from the AD....Oh, and his daughters are sleeping with the whole team...Oh and look at all the Studs we have transferring...well, that's because he's a racist that can't relate to kids...he better win 22 game this year or he's fired....

I would like to reassess at year end especially if he drops like 6 straight and boutte and others bail because honestly, I think people were still giving Harsin plenty of benefit after the first Penn state loss.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Somebody missed the exchange between Kelly and an LSU beat reporter.

Reporter shows up late to Kelly's presser: Kelly: "You're late."

Reporter: "Win a game and I'll show up on time".

That was on TV, either ESPN or the SEC network. Let Kelly end the season on a five game losing streak and he'll be tarred and feathered much worse than anything Harsin had to endure from the press and fans.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

At LSU:

At Auburn: 

Oh, I see what you're saying. I thought you were directing it at me. You have a great point. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, woodford said:

Oh, I see what you're saying. I thought you were directing it at me. You have a great point. 

Yeah, my B...

Just trying to piggy back a little.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Somebody missed the exchange between Kelly and an LSU beat reporter.

Reporter shows up late to Kelly's presser: Kelly: "You're late."

Reporter: "Win a game and I'll show up on time".

That was on TV, either ESPN or the SEC network. Let Kelly end the season on a five game losing streak and he'll be tarred and feathered much worse than anything Harsin had to endure from the press and fans.

Somebody missed the point...

37 minutes ago, bigbird said:

LSU missed the point, that’s why they lost.  :poke:

I just couldn’t help myself.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

You did? Here, I'll clarify for you. Kelly is not getting treated better than Harsin was. If anything, worse. Many were still singing Harsin's praises right up to his losing streak. Kelly was catching it after just one loss.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

. Kelly is not getting treated better than Harsin was. If anything, worse. Many were still singing Harsin's praises right up to his losing streak. 

I understand you really believe that.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I understand you really believe that.

Can we finally get that SMDH reaction emoticon added to this site?😁

Asking for several friends.

Edited by Eagle-1
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It's not hard to believe things that are true.

Like deep snappers provide depth for the OL?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Like deep snappers provide depth for the OL?

Like if you are counting numbers of O-line on scholarship, deep snappers are included.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It's not hard to believe things that are true.

Harsin was frowned upon from the getgo because he was from Boise and not an SEC team and because Greene was behind the hire. Do you not remember the interviews and hiring fiasco? The Stop the Steele hire?  He hasn't had the support and alignment from the beginning and the losing streak made it worse. The fans have always been split because of the South/outsider thing. That's the facts. The forum is proof of that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Like if you are counting numbers of O-line on scholarship, deep snappers are included.

Like I said, I am fully aware and understand you believe that.  It's not true in the slightest, but damn if you don't believe it.

Just because you believe your truths, doesn't make them factual.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

SMH.

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Like I said, I am fully understand you believe that.  It's not true in the slightest, but damn if you don't believe it.

Just because you believe your truths, doesn't make them factual.

Man, I hope these boys are all physical freaks to be able to plug in on the OL and take on 330 lb DTs.

image.thumb.png.95f7735764e909467b655f2d859fa180.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Harsin was frowned upon from the getgo because he was from Boise and not an SEC team and because Greene was behind the hire. Do you not remember the interviews and hiring fiasco? The Stop the Steele hire?  He hasn't had the support and alignment from the beginning and the losing streak made it worse. The fans have always been split because of the South/outsider thing. That's the facts. The forum is proof of that. 

Certainly a revisionist history ...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

SMH.

Man, I hope these boys are all physical freaks to be able to plug in on the OL and take on 330 lb DTs.

image.thumb.png.95f7735764e909467b655f2d859fa180.png

The question was do you list a scholarship DS as being an offensive lineman? Those guys you list here, are they occupying a roster spot? If the answer is yes, then that's the same thing as occupying a scholarship slot. Deniers to the contrary, both count.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The question was do you list a scholarship DS as being an offensive lineman? Those guys you list here, are they occupying a roster spot? If the answer is yes, then that's the same thing as occupying a scholarship slot. Deniers to the contrary, both count.

Nice try. You argued this in defense to Gus's lousy OL recruiting and you counted them in as a defense for his lack of recruiting OL. Nobody has argued that LS take a roster spot or scholarship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1