DEs are going to have to contain

sacks will come from blitz’s or DT push

offense has to stretch the field

to do that will need an average of 2.8

seconds to throw on passing downs

we do the above and the run game and secondary fix itself 

56 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

Pass rush

This, although they throw slant after slant. They get rid of the ball Quick. That is what killed us last year. The DBs and LBs MUST cover the middle of the field.

Hit their QB really really hard one time...maybe even get a flag...just put it inside his head. 

• Haha 2

I haven’t been super impressed with Penn State’s run game, and their defense isn’t super. I think these are the keys:

1. DB’s have to contain the short pass game. We got lit up early last week on this. Need to do better this week. With out a stellar run game, I’d suspect Penn State will lean on this early.

2. Pass rush needs to get home on mid to long when they do take a shot. Our DBs did okay covering on deeper plays, but the pass rush gave the QB last week too much time, allowing them to get loose a little deeper a few times.

3. Don’t turn it over. Let’s face it, our offense this year is an old school ball control offense. Offensively, in addition to the obvious goal of scoring points, probably bigger than that with this team in this game is playing field position. Without a lot of explosiveness so far in this offense, we can’t give up short fields to Penn State on turnovers.

• Like 1

Bo played decent last year against PSU.  He took care of the ball which is very critical on the road. It was the constant dialing up of fade throws and the trickeration that did Auburn in

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, e808 said:

Bo played decent last year against PSU.  He took care of the ball which is very critical on the road. It was the constant dialing up of fade throws and the trickeration that did Auburn in

that fumble to start the second half by the WR hurt us too. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

Score on the opening drive on offense or create a turnover on defense on their first drive. Put the fans in a frenzy early and make them work in deafening noise for 3 hours. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Biggest difference in the game last year was the lack of pass rush against Sean Clifford. We give him eight seconds in the pocket again on Saturday, we lose. If we can get to him and finally force some turnovers, we will have a good chance. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Didn't Owen Pappoe get hurt in this game last year? And we had McClain kicked out? Linebackers need to play steady

Yes, I believe McClain was ejected for targeting at the goal line hitting the ball carrier with his shoulder.

• Like 1

On offense:

Staying on schedule and taking what the D is giving you. Don't get caught up in the moment and make a game changing mistake trying to play hero ball.

On 😧 Get consistent pressure with 4 and disguise coverages on the back end. 

Team: Maintain 100% focus the entire game.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Biggest difference in the game last year was the lack of pass rush against Sean Clifford. We give him eight seconds in the pocket again on Saturday, we lose. If we can get to him and finally force some turnovers, we will have a good chance. 

Agreed. Probably could've won 7-10 last year if he felt any type of pressure. If Derrick Hall has a big day then Auburn has a great shot at winning.

JHS + Auburn defense that shows up = very hard to win for opposing teams

The environment will be there. I just hope the players and coaches take advantage of this incredible opportunity.

• Like 1

The key on defense will be pressure. Last year we didn't have enough guys on the team to get pressure. And when I say pressure I mean with 4. Once again last year when he'd try to blitz we got beat on explosive plays. 

This year we have a couple of d lineman and we have a couple of bigger linebackers that are either bigger or more athletic that we may have tools now to do that

• Like 2