Today was Eerily Similar

AUght2win

9 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

We’ve fallen extremely far from that usc game, our defense isn’t even close to that level.  

Our defense is not, but we are #1 in finger waving after breaking up a pass.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Today felt like 2012 A&M.

Crowd was excited and by the 3rd quarter it was utterly hopeless and fans were leaving.  Just completely deflating.

the last few seasons have been so hard on me i quit watching yesterday and took nap and did not wake up until five this morning. i love my auburn but it got to me yesterday. i feel bad because all that smoke blowing i think the team knows they are in trouble. i cannot figure out if it is harsin and or the coaching staff or lack of some quality starters as well as quality backups. but we are in trouble. i wish i could pull for some cupcake team to beat us so we get past this sooner but that is one thing i will never do. for the record i will still pull for the team and the staff until they are gone or we get better assistant coaches. apologies i needed a quick vent.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

But in terms of OOC visitors in JHS they’re on a short list all time now with Nebraska, Texas, and USC.

Unfortunately the results of those games *were* eerily similar to this PSU game 😢 (thinking UTx circa 1983)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

Unfortunately the results of those games *were* eerily similar to this PSU game 😢 (thinking UTx circa 1983)

It was our worst home non-conference loss in 40 years.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

It was our worst home non-conference loss in 40 years.

The beatings that stand out in my mind by OOC foes through the years are those: Nebraska ‘82, UTx ‘83, and FSU ‘87. Scores may not have been worse (except Nebraska) but the physical domination was equal or worse. Maybe worse because those were good teams; this team is just bad…

14 hours ago, AUght2win said:

To 2003 vs. USC. Anybody else feel that? Early season CBS game. Excitement around the program. Out conference blueblood coming to town. And a complete and utter dismantling at home.

What’s really bad though is this Penn State team today couldn’t come within 50 points of that USC team (Leinart and Bush were on that squad).

Good comparison. It also reminded me of the 1980 Tennessee game at JHS. 42-0 beatdown that effectively ended Doug Barfield's time at AU.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Excitement around the program.

What excitement?  Pretty sure just about all Auburn fans had a pretty glib view of what this season was going to entail. 

Edited by AEAugirl

Not a home game but this had a similar feel to 2015 LSU.  After Auburn escaped against Louisville and Jax State I think most people knew it was going to get exposed against LSU and oh boy did we.  When the ball flew out of the back of his hand you knew it was going to be a long season moving forward.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

What excitement?  Pretty sure just about all Auburn fans had a pretty glib view of what this season was going to entail. 

Then why was yesterday a sellout?

Also, that’s not what “glib” means.

Edited by AUght2win

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Not a home game but this had a similar feel to 2015 LSU.  After Auburn escaped against Louisville and Jax State I think most people knew it was going to get exposed against LSU and oh boy did we.  When the ball flew out of the back of his hand you knew it was going to be a long season moving forward.

That’s also a good comparison. We were all scared going into that LSU game, but we were also in the classic always-optimistic fan mindset that maybe things would start to click in that game. But they very much did not.

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Then why was yesterday a sellout?

Also, that’s not what “glib” means.

You are comparing yesterday with a game that was a matchup of two top ten teams versus a matchup of an unranked Auburn team who barely beat a cupcake the week prior and a Big10 team who just squeaked in the top 25 😂  But go ahead with your grammar lessons 😂

There is also nothing uncommon about Auburn selling out games at JHS for P5 opponents.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

You are comparing yesterday with a game that was a matchup of two top ten teams versus a matchup of an unranked Auburn team who barely beat a cupcake the week prior and a Big10 team who just squeaked in the top 25 😂  But go ahead with your grammar lessons 😂

There is also nothing uncommon about Auburn selling out games at JHS for P5 opponents.  

Nah. Not really. Go back and read. Also, the use of a word isn’t a “grammar” issue lmao.