For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

8 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Many of the SWAC coaches are so jealous and envious of Deion. You need to post the rebuttal Deion gave, gives it more context on what really happened instead of sore loser coach who is jealous of Deion’s instant success. The SWAC coaches are a fraternity and Deion is the outsider. How quickly he has made Jackson State into the top team in just under 3 years…

• Like 1

Just now, RunInRed said:

I don’t know … I get the attention he would bring, just seems like a circus in the making.

Like I’ve said on other threads as well, I get the hesitation. But, I just see so much potential in Deion and how he could elevate our program. And it’s not like he brings this onto himself. This was made into a big deal because of Alabama State’s coach not shaking hands and then whining in his post game conference. This has nothing to do with Deion, more about another coach just being envious of him and wanted to justify why he didn’t give a bro hug to Deion…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I don’t know … I get the attention he would bring, just seems like a circus in the making.

has anyone watched jackson state? i myself have not. i am posting highlights of yesterdays game for folks to watch and see what his product on the field looks like.

2 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I get a feeling auburn has a less than ten percent chance of getting deion. We better try at least.

he'd be something special. 

More like Deion has less than one percent chance of getting Auburn.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Money to be made with a good circus; as long as AU's conducting it.

21 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

As if this place isn't already a circus. Give me a break. Deion couldn't possibly make Auburn worse than what it already is. If anything he would bring some excitement back into this program. And the players would love him. 

• Like 4

What if the wheels fall off for Norvell @ FSU this season? I mean looking at the schedule, it could get dicey for him if he does not pull out a winning season. You think FSU gonna ring him up?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

What if the wheels fall off for Norvell @ FSU this season? I mean looking at the schedule, it could get dicey for him if he does not pull out a winning season. You think FSU gonna ring him up?

Possibly.  He’s going to be a (probably the) major top target regardless, as all the end of season firings start.  We’ll need to be aggressive, creative,  and early.

Or maybe I’m wrong and some of our other fans are right:  Auburn is Auburn and we can get who ever we want, so we give Belichick a  contract for $2m - and the rest of the country fights over freeze.

Edited by auburnatl1

20 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

It would be in our best interest for FSU to win out after Clemson. It's doable.

18 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U think it's gonna be Freeze don'tcha?

At this moment, I think you’d have to put him right among the top candidates on the board

5 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

At this moment, I think you’d have to put him right among the top candidates on the board

I know you could say this about almost anyone we hire but *especially* with Freeze it depends on the staff he'd hire.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

Excuse me if I pass on a guy that would bring that kind of attention and a whole different kind of drama and swag to this program.  Ive had enough bravado and testosterone filled talk, I’m ready for a guy that puts his head down and gets the damn job don’t without a bunch of mouthing.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Dr. Roberts will NEVER sign off on him. Yes, there are some goons who have power who like him, if you knew Dr. Roberts and McGlynn then you know he has no chance to even get an interview. I also know that Deion is getting support from those who matter..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deion’s is going to make some of our fans uncomfortable. I personally love the energy and bravado (he might need to bring it down one notch) but I understand the pushback. However, I’d suggest that for young athletes/recruits and students - its kinda a proven approach and there are worse brands to have.

image.gif

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Well it’s actually a pretty easy fact to look up. Guys like Saban, Kiffin, Smart, etc. have been in coaching literally their entire careers, most starting as position coaches or GAs right after they got out of college.

So yeah, it’s actually a verifiable fact coaching is the only job most D1 HCs have ever had. That isn’t a hobby that’s a livelihood. 

No you can't quantify a person 's passion period. Idc how you try to swing it. No you love arguing but you can't do it. 

Coach Lombardi had a job doing something else before coaching. I'm sure many others had either. Just like you can't say if a guy didn't play he don't know football.....you surely can't say because a guy did play.....he was just better than the other guys that you mentioned.

• Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Deion’s is going to make some of our fans uncomfortable. I personally love the energy and bravado (he might need to bring it down one notch) but I understand the pushback. However, I’d suggest that for young athletes/recruits and students - its kinda a proven approach and there are worse brands to have.

image.gif

At least with Bruce and Deion together, being an Auburn fan would be fun again - and year-round. 

And that synergy could be dynamite for recruiting.  

• Like 3

To me it’s really all very silly to even speculate on Deion because no one even knows if he would even take the job.   All the other guys have proven that they will take other jobs if the money is right.    

• Sad 1
  • Dislike 1