For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

40 minutes ago, Viper said:

I don't believe he'll get the job in the end just because AU will choose someone else. But I 100% believe he'll give AU an interview.

Golf posted something to the effect that he may very well get the job. 🤷‍♂️

This would be my order of preference at this point:

1. Aranda (best available)

2. Prime (willing to take the risk with the right contract due to exposure/recruiting - would need strong coordinator hires)

3. Kiffin 

4. Grimes (with lack of HC experience, would need strong coordinator hires)

Whomever is hired needs to be very aggressive in the transfer portal with a strong emphasis on OL and DL/LB

My hope is that we release Harsin after the LSU game but no later than the Georgia game.  We hire the new AD during the bye week.  Discussions and interviews with potential hires begins immediately after the bye week.  We announce the new coach after the Iron Bowl.  Current staff minus Harsin can coach until the end of the year with Caddy or Etheridge acting as the interm. I think this is best case scenerio if we can also hold on to our current commits.

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I believe he referred to Deion having a chance at HC.  I'm pulling for Deion but I don't equate "having a chance" and " may very well get the job" as being the same thing. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

At some point Prime is gonna leave JSU, he is too much of a competitor not to. However based on feedback from a few he has not accomplished everything he wants to….primarily as it relates to getting JSU and HBCU’s back to the table in big time athletics. If he was coaching at James Madison or a SE Louisiana he would leave a lot sooner. With that said money is the big denominator here, if someone throws Kelly or Jimbo type money his way it very well may change things. 

6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

No no he has a chance some former players are starting to back him

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, roe4christ said:

This would be my order of preference at this point:

1. Aranda (best available)

2. Prime (willing to take the risk with the right contract due to exposure/recruiting - would need strong coordinator hires)

3. Kiffin 

4. Grimes (with lack of HC experience, would need strong coordinator hires)

Whomever is hired needs to be very aggressive in the transfer portal with a strong emphasis on OL and DL/LB

My hope is that we release Harsin after the LSU game but no later than the Georgia game.  We hire the new AD during the bye week.  Discussions and interviews with potential hires begins immediately after the bye week.  We announce the new coach after the Iron Bowl.  Current staff minus Harsin can coach until the end of the year with Caddy or Etheridge acting as the interm. I think this is best case scenerio if we can also hold on to our current commits.

I don’t see the AD time line working that fast.

24 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

At some point Prime is gonna leave JSU, he is too much of a competitor not to. However based on feedback from a few he has not accomplished everything he wants to….primarily as it relates to getting JSU and HBCU’s back to the table in big time athletics. If he was coaching at James Madison or a SE Louisiana he would leave a lot sooner. With that said money is the big denominator here, if someone throws Kelly or Jimbo type money his way it very well may change things. 

I don’t think AU throws that kind of money. That would be double what Harsin is making.

• Like 1

I think we’re forgetting Deions financial situation and the income hes already walked away from in broadcasting. Plus if Deion left Jax St and the HBCUs at this point for just money, it’d be a very bad mercenary look for him. Now if some of the AU money “somehow” was donated to directly improve the HBCUs…. (which Deion would have to do legally at a personal level). IMO Might get interesting 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I think we’re forgetting Deions financial situation and the income hes already walked away from in broadcasting. Plus if Deion left Jax St and the HBCUs at this point for just money, it’d be a very bad mercenary look for him. Now if some of the AU money “somehow” was donated to directly improve the HBCUs…. (which Deion would have to do legally at a personal level). IMO Might get interesting 

I think some are also forgetting that he is very interested in progressing his son’s trajectory. It would help that if he were to take his son where ever he goes, which I think would happen.

Another take on Deion... Could it be possible,  he would like to go to  P5 school and bring his son with him?  Give his son a chance to prove himself against the best and get more exposure His son is tearing it up a JSU right now. Sorry Hank didn't mean to piggyback off your post.

Edited by NWALA Tiger

1 hour ago, Viper said:

To which poet rebutted:

Just like he is reiterating what he is hearing I am doing the same. I think you are missing the point of what Prime is doing to get JSU and  HBCU’s back to the forefront and more visible for athletes who would have traditionally chosen Power 5 schools. It’s something of great importance to him, and I am told he is committed to seeing that through. If he is comfortable that he has done that then yes I can see him moving on, but what I am hearing is outside of a Godfather like offer, he is staying put. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Golf posted something to the effect that

Unless the rest of the sentence is about drinking or, the short game or, some bizarre musical reference,,, it is likely meaningless.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Just like he is reiterating what he is hearing I am doing the same. I think you are missing the point of what Prime is doing to get JSU and  HBCU’s back to the forefront and more visible for athletes who would have traditionally chosen Power 5 schools. It’s something of great importance to him, and I am told he is committed to seeing that through. If he is comfortable that he has done that then yes I can see him moving on, but what I am hearing is outside of a Godfather like offer, he is staying put. 

Nobody’s going anywhere until they are.

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

I don’t doubt what you’re hearing. 

My proclamation is if Prime interviewed for three P5 jobs less than 10 months ago, if AU requests an interview from him, he will interview. 100% guaranteed. Whether they can agree on terms, that’s 100% unknown by anyone.

I’ll bet @augolf1716’s entire stash of PBRs on it…unless Ian drank them already. 

Edited by Viper
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, AU-24 said:

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Let me get this straight — Golf is reporting Sanders will be the next coach at Auburn and will be flown in and on the sidelines tomorrow night for the LSU game.   😜

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, aubcali said:

Let me get this straight — Golf is reporting Sanders will be the next coach at Auburn and will be flown in and on the sidelines tomorrow night for the LSU game.   😜

Not only that, Sanders will take advantage of his covid year, suit up & get two pick sixes for us.

• Haha 4

On 9/28/2022 at 1:57 AM, Viper said:

BINGO

There is no realistic available HC that would set our recruiting ablaze like Prime.

And it would be a nice F U to FSU lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Is one of them Bo or Quentin?

18 hours ago, aubcali said:

16 hours ago, Viper said:

Not only that, Sanders will take advantage of his covid year, suit up & get two pick sixes for us.

You're both close but what Golf actually heard was that Sanders will pick up two sixes and have them flown in to the LSU game for Golf tomorrow night. 

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Viper said:

I don’t doubt what you’re hearing. 

My proclamation is if Prime interviewed for three P5 jobs less than 10 months ago, if AU requests an interview from him, he will interview. 100% guaranteed. Whether they can agree on terms, that’s 100% unknown by anyone.

I’ll bet @augolf1716’s entire stash of PBRs on it…unless Ian drank them already. 

Interviewing, offering and accepting are three different things. And i know neither can come without the other. I believe he is setting the table for his eventual move, getting a feel for offers, building relationships, etc. But as I was told someone would have to make him a GODFATHER like offer to leave, and I hope Auburn makes that type of offer because it’s the only thing that will pull him away 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by PoetTiger

23 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Another take on Deion... Could it be possible,  he would like to go to  P5 school and bring his son with him?  Give his son a chance to prove himself against the best and get more exposure His son is tearing it up a JSU right now. Sorry Hank didn't mean to piggyback off your post.

Of course his son is gone go with him. They’re a package deal, whoever gets Prime is getting Prime Jr