For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

Just now, JMassie11 said:

Supposedly Freeze was seen playing golf with some important people not long ago. That’s when it was rumored that he openly would leave liberty mid season to come here ( far fetched for me). Wether that actually happened or not I have no clue but I am convinced he’s lobbied for the job

I have no doubt he’s lobbying for the job. Doesn’t matter. From what I know and heard of about Dr. Roberts, no way he would ever sign off that hire…

8 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I have no doubt he’s lobbying for the job. Doesn’t matter. From what I know and heard of about Dr. Roberts, no way he would ever sign off that hire…

I agree here

25 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Exactly. And that’s what I’m afraid of. Norvell will be let go if he loses a couple of more games. Then FSU will hire Deion and now we would really struggle in recruiting. It makes too much sense not to do this, but again, it’s Auburn, where logic and reasoning is hard to come by…

So, we hire Sanders tomorrow, FSU fires Norvell in November and Sanders bolts for Tallahassee and takes his (assumed) recruits with him?

He had a hook to get top level players to Jackson State, the HBCU thing.  He'd have to come up with a different sales pitch to get them to Auburn. Can he? Nobody knows. I wouldn't hate a Sanders hire but he's pretty far down my list of desirable candidates.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

So, we hire Sanders tomorrow, FSU fires Norvell in November and Sanders bolts for Tallahassee and takes his (assumed) recruits with him?

He had a hook to get top level players to Jackson State, the HBCU thing.  He'd have to come up with a different sales pitch to get them to Auburn. Can he? Nobody knows. I wouldn't hate a Sanders hire but he's pretty far down my list of desirable candidates.

I hate hearing this irrational thought that Deion would bolt the second FSU came open. It’s the same people who said Kirby would do the same thing if he was hired at Auburn. No coach has ever used Auburn as a spring board to a better job. Deion would be forever grateful for Auburn giving him a chance at this level. Some of you need to stop with this loser mentality…

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, we hire Sanders tomorrow, FSU fires Norvell in November and Sanders bolts for Tallahassee and takes his (alleged) recruits with him?

It’s got a risk to it, I don’t think anyone disagrees with that. The thing is, the same can be said of everyone. There is no sure fire candidate, with zero baggage out there, that is guaranteed to work out and we all live happily ever after. It’s all a crapshoot to some degree. 

• Like 2

Just now, Auburnguy101 said:

I hate hearing this irrational thought that Deion would bolt the second FSU came open. It’s the same people who said Kirby would do the same thing if he was hired at Auburn. No coach has ever used Auburn as a spring board to a better job. Deion would be forever grateful for Auburn giving him a chance at this level. Some of you need to stop with this loser mentality…

You are the one who said if we don't hurry Sanders would get taken by FSU. If that's where he wants to be the fact of AU hiring him first would change nothing.

4 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

IDK if Deion would come here in the first place but if he did I definitely don't think he would use us as a springboard. Agree that its ridiculous to have thought Kirby would do the same.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

You are the one who said if we don't hurry Sanders would get taken by FSU. If that's where he wants to be the fact of AU hiring him first would change nothing.

Easy answer to that.  Make the buyout so high , FSU COULDN'T afford it... Wait... nevermind 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He'd have to come up with a different sales pitch to get them to Auburn.

You asked for miracles Theo, I give you the N..................F..................L

946a0cfd651bd2fc2f50c34028e3d563

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Purgatory of mediocrity…

I regret to inform the passengers that,,, the good ship mediocrity has a massive hole in it.  It's taking on water and, starting to sink.  The life boats were sold in order to settle the contract of the former captain.

The "purgatory of mediocrity" is turning into the "hell of irrelevancy".

God bless, good luck.

• Like 2

Norvell has shown improvement each season. FSU may have been more screwed up than even we are. Total overall. Without an epic collapse, I’d be shocked if FSU moved on him.

However, I’ve always suspected that Prime was such a non-traditional hire for many that we’d actually need other schools to make a play - to up the “hottest girl in the bar” urgency. 

If so, I’m good with zillions of FSU “rumblings”. Whatever works to get him.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Auburnguy101 said:

They weren’t head coaches but I can of several assistants that took the same positions at other schools and they most certainly considered it a springboard for future jobs(chizik and mushchamp for two)

35 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Norvell has shown improvement each season. FSU may have been more screwed up than even we are. Total overall. Without an epic collapse, I’d be shocked if FSU moved on him.

FSU has some money problems as well not saying they couldn't come up with the money but it would be a hard challenge. His buyout is  $21,250,000.

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

FSU has some money problems as well not saying they couldn't come up with the money but it would be a hard challenge. His buyout is  $21,250,000.

Is your pick still CJG?

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

What? But I thought Auburn sold itself... To think Deion would have a problem to get recruits to play for him is pretty laughable.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Jimbo Fisher laughs at your silly number.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think you completely misunderstood what I was saying. If Sanders is offered the job and takes it, he’s not going to flee to FSU if they become open. However, if both jobs are open, then yes, he would probably be enticed to go to FSU…

It is what it is. Prime has 3 discussed issues people need to sign up for and sell out on, or not. 

1) Lack of a big time +10years of progression track record.  Much the less SEC. Anyone who’s hired before has been there: tangible know-what-you’re -getting experience vs sheer natural talent/ ridiculous potential/ higher ceiling. 
2) Motivation. It’s clear he has several priorities and he already has generational wealth.  And many options outside of coaching. Attracting and keeping him is and always will be more… complicated.

3) FSU. May always be a temptation. Now and 12 years from now.

To me, a opportunity like this and a ceiling so high is just impossible to pass on. But those 3 issues are baked in and require some smarts, soul searching, and a gut check. We’re about to find out a lot about AU and us in the coming weeks.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2