AU vs Uga - Uga is favored by 29 points

gr82b4au

This line is just how the game is going to play out.   Auburn has always struggled with a team that is good  at running and throwing.  I don’t see Auburn scoring a touchdown unless it’s a defensive score or special teams.   Maybe a mop up touchdown in the 4th.   I would say something like 42-10 or 35-3.

• Like 1

Wouldn’t be surprised if Auburn actually kept up with them in the first half. And once the 2nd half starts everybody might as well change the channel and go on about your day

• Sad 1

The narrative this week will be that Georgia comes out and plays angry against Auburn because of their last 2 games, yadda yadda, etc.

I think Georgia's offense won't hit peak performance until they get their entire receiving corps back. Auburn's defense is not terrible and unless they just quit, they won't get completely rolled over. We may have figured something out on offense? New OL mix up gave a little better push and let Ashford make some throws but UGA's front 7 is just nasty. We will see. I still think Auburn can cover. 29 is a lot.

Today's guess is 31-13. 

13 hours ago, aubaseball said:

This line is just how the game is going to play out.   Auburn has always struggled with a team that is good  at running and throwing.  I don’t see Auburn scoring a touchdown unless it’s a defensive score or special teams.   Maybe a mop up touchdown in the 4th.   I would say something like 42-10 or 35-3.

Ditto....

2 hours ago, woodford said:

The narrative this week will be that Georgia comes out and plays angry against Auburn because of their last 2 games, yadda yadda, etc.

I think Georgia's offense won't hit peak performance until they get their entire receiving corps back. Auburn's defense is not terrible and unless they just quit, they won't get completely rolled over. We may have figured something out on offense? New OL mix up gave a little better push and let Ashford make some throws but UGA's front 7 is just nasty. We will see. I still think Auburn can cover. 29 is a lot.

Today's guess is 31-13. 

I suspect Council to center was a spark! Turnovers are killing every positive. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

Did you dump any on LSU ?

First time we covered all year. But I think we will cover again this week. 30 points is a lot. 

• Like 2

38-10. This is a home rivalry game so of course they will take us very seriously. Georgia always gets up for this game. 
Our first Road game of the season and Robby’s first Road game ever is at Georgia. Rough. 

3 hours ago, aucat said:

The dog was scared by missouri  last week, so I guess they are going to take us very seriously,  they may win us by 49!

well, that's what everyone said after Kent State.  Georgia has some serious problems that apparently arent yet addressed.

That said, we arent going to win.  But we might scare them a bit.

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I did.  But I also had the under, so broke even.

Too many times, a bad AU team has covered at home v LSU. Plus at night. That was a stay-away game for me. I def liked the Under.

I've hit the other AU games except SJSU.

GA is another stay-away game for me. Can see that landing on either side.

28 minutes ago, Viper said:

Too many times, a bad AU team has covered at home v LSU. Plus at night. That was a stay-away game for me. I def liked the Under.

The under is my play this week.  I just don't see us putting points on the board.  50 is way too high.

Also last week, we were one Robby Ashford hustle tackle away from LSU covering.

Edited by Brad_ATX

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The under is my play this week.  I just don't see us putting points on the board.  50 is way too high.

Also last week, we were one Robby Ashford hustle tackle away from LSU covering.

Agreed on the Under.

There were so many plays where either LSU could have covered or AU could have won outright.

Again, too much history of AU playing LSU tough at home, no matter how awful AU has been. 2018 and 2008 are the only 2 home games in the last 9 I can definitely say that LSU has covered. Not sure what the line was in 2004, but I believe LSU was a slight favorite. I know AU covered in 2002 because I bet on LSU and lost. And AU covered handily in 2000. So that's 10 out of the last 12 AU has covered at home.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I did.  But I also had the under, so broke even.

Good for you. I considered the bet and refrained but thought about you during the game. If I had been making a living on gambling I would have never stopped. lol 

5 hours ago, Viper said:

Penn State covered easily and they aren't in Georgia's league/class/rank.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

Mizz would beg to differ.

We're beating Georgia this weekend.  You have my 5 star guarantee. 

58 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

We're beating Georgia this weekend.  You have my 5 star guarantee. 

It would be the Biggest upset in AU history. 

Look for Kirby to bury us. He wants more than anything to embarrass us. We have lost some good starters this week and our defense which has been by far our strong point is about done from all the mistakes and TOs by the offense. We probably lose by more than 35 this week. It is what it is. UGA is a tough place for us to play anyway. 🙁🦅

5 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

Yep Penn St won by a close td against a one win NW at home this week. So don’t think PS is a great team that beat us. We were just that bad as we have seen since. 

I would suggest the cruelest thing Kirby could do is let us look like we’re progressing and win by 7.  If they bury us the path forward is clear and would immediately unite the fan base. Let it be a squeaker, the offense showing improvement,  the OL…. blocking, and we’ll argue and procrastinate moving forward maybe until November. 

But burying us would be much, much more fun.

I think the new Oline rotation might actually be the best one Auburn has rolled out all season.  Auburn goes up early and takes a 17-14 lead to halftime.  Georgia pulls away in the 2nd half and wins 37-17.  Over hits and Auburn covers.