Auburn coaching hot board V2

aubiefifty

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Removing the tag?

Yeah like Derrick Brown and some others tweeting about "put some respect on his name, remove the tag!" refferring to carnell being named the head coach. Im just guessing as i am not an eagle nester unfortunately.

Im probably wrong.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I have no idea why but,,, this made me laugh like crazy.  Oh well, guess I am a simpleton.  Thanks for the self-realization test.  Did I pass?

We all pass...except 50, he holds it way too long

3 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Yeah like Derrick Brown and some others tweeting about "put some respect on his name, remove the tag!" refferring to carnell being named the head coach. Im just guessing as i am not an eagle nester unfortunately.

Im probably wrong.

"removing the tag" has nothing to do with the donor boards.

It's a pretty simply thing to figure out.

28 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Luke Fickell ?

Wont leave Cincy. Midwest guy through and through.. has had other opportunities and has been open that it would be OSU or Michigan that could pull him away

• Like 1

1 minute ago, selias said:

"removing the tag" has nothing to do with the donor boards.

It's a pretty simply thing to figure out.

I am not sure that I am understanding the point youre making?

I am just guessing about possible info release tomorrow and why that could be.

1 minute ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I am not sure that I am understanding the point youre making?

I am just guessing about possible info release tomorrow and why that could be.

The way your post is phrased made it read like the donor board has some sort of inside info on what 'removing the tag' means.

It's simply former players advocating for the AD to make Caddy the permanent HC and remove the interim tag

There’s a lot of talk about trains tonight! I’ve always liked trains. Auburn needs a Train.

The way your post is phrased made it read like the donor board has some sort of inside info on what 'removing the tag' means.

It's simply former players advocating for the AD to make Caddy the permanent HC and remove the interim tag

Oh yes i know that, im not sure if you saw my post on the page prior to this page or not but maybe that also was worded poorly, anyhow -- thanks! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Oh yes i know that, im not sure if you saw my post on the page prior to this page or not but maybe that also was worded poorly, anyhow -- thanks! 

No worries. Apologies for the confusion.

War Eagle

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Lots of smoke on the interwebs about something happening tomorrow.  I've seen someone post a pine box on Twitter. 

Nothing will happen officially or publicly until after the iron bowl  let’s just be clear on that. We still have to wait a couple more weeks but yes the big 3 AU sites say something is def cooking.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Nothing will happen officially or publicly until after the iron bowl  let’s just be clear on that. We still have to wait a couple more weeks but yes the big 3 AU sites say something is def cooking.

The most reliable sources 🤡

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

the-rock-if-you-smell.gif

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

I do not like the idea of hiring Lane, which opens the door for Sanders to Ole Miss

Oxford, Mississippi might be one of the very few places I think that're less Deion Sanders-esque than Auburn, Alabama lol 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I just saw what I saw on Twitter, Idk if there's any source to it. I absolutely hate the timing with how belittling it FEELS (might not actually be) to Carnell's moment, but it is what it is, I suppose. 

If it is true, I think it's great timing. Caddy got a home game with an absolutely electric crowd, came away with a win, got to celebrate with his staff & team without any interference or coaching hiring rumors or headlines during his week & day. It doesn't take away from any of that, whatsoever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If it is true, I think it's great timing. Caddy got a home game with an absolutely electric crowd, came away with a win, got to celebrate with his staff & team without any interference or coaching hiring rumors or headlines during his week & day. It doesn't take away from any of that, whatsoever.

If you believe that momentum just ends at 11:59 PM today, then yeah I guess. It doesn't to me, and the idea is that momentum was supposed to carry you throughout the rest of this season. I can't see how you can still maintain that hype externally if you just know this guy is serving out a term and you have the "big" head coach waiting at the end of the tunnel no matter what.

Especially if Kiffin isn't coaching at any point for us this season, which would make the most sense to me. You just got a guy that's there...that's going to be the bigger story...overshadowing the coaching effort of the current staff. I also don't see why you can't just wait to announce this after the Alabama game, personally