Dan Lanning

homersapien

Little bit of a gamble, but I like his resume. 

https://duckswire.usatoday.com/lists/dan-lanning-kenny-dillingham-named-potential-candidates-for-auburn-head-coaching-vacancy/

I think he would jump at the chance and he sounds like someone who would stick.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

I'd rather pay Lanning 7mm a year with a 14mm buyout than Lane at 10mm.

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Little bit of a gamble, but I like his resume. 

https://duckswire.usatoday.com/lists/dan-lanning-kenny-dillingham-named-potential-candidates-for-auburn-head-coaching-vacancy/

I think he would jump at the chance and he sounds like someone who would stick.

Would leave his first major coaching job after one year, but sounds like someone who would stick.  🧐

• Haha 3

If Oregon wins out and makes the Playoff and Lanning leaves then they should cut ties with Nike lol 

A cunning coach/AD could take full advantage of a Nike NIL and land the #1 class every year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, woodford said:

If Oregon wins out and makes the Playoff and Lanning leaves then they should cut ties with Nike lol 

A cunning coach/AD could take full advantage of a Nike NIL and land the #1 class every year. 

Oregon just got to get someone who likes the West Coast. Last 3 coaches who had any success there left to come back to the South. Also I would love to see AU hire Lanning. My uncle said he reminds him of a young Pat Dye…

15 minutes ago, AU North said:

The uncertainty of the future of the Pac 12 conference could come into play here. JMO WDE

Oregon wants B1G but would probably do better in Big 12 long term. They would get to play in Texas, Arizona, and California every year. 

Edit: and Florida and Ohio every couple years 

Edited by woodford

14 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

What would it cost to hire him? Doesn't he have a huge buyout? 

Yeah but one of our mods said we would not let money be an issue for our “guy”

image.gif

Edited by PoetTiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

What would it cost to hire him? Doesn't he have a huge buyout? 

His B/O is 14 mil then drops in January. If money is no Object then by all means go get Lanning I'm all for this hire... 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Kenny Dillingham 👎 and I actually liked Dilly as a coordinator but a coaching candidate? Hard pass.

Dillingham is not a candidate for HC at Auburn.  I could see him following Lanning to AU as OC though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Dillingham is not a candidate for HC at Auburn.  I could see him following Lanning to AU as OC though.

I wouldnt think so either but this article says otherwise. Im not one to trust various media sources like this though and i highly doubt dillingham is an option whatsoever

4 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I wouldnt think so either but this article says otherwise. Im not one to trust various media sources like this though and i highly doubt dillingham is an option whatsoever

It doesn't pass the common sense test and not a single AU beat writer is discussing it from what I've seen.  Roberts/Cohen aren't staking their careers on Dilly Dilly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU North said:

The uncertainty of the future of the Pac 12 conference could come into play here. JMO WDE

That, plus the present PAC 12. Most of the nation isn’t watching, or can’t watch because of the time zones. Also, playing in front of near empty stadiums can’t be appealing once you’ve tasted the SEC. 

i am all for lanning. good lord he did a banging job at ga.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Did your uncle say anything when you told him that "deion sanders reminds you a lot of Pat Dye"?

He said Deion was the “rabbit fast” and would be behind him for HC

• Like 1