Frontrunner for coach

austudnt23

14 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Y'all saying you don't want Dabo becuase he is a bammer kill me. Dude has built a program from nothing and won two NCs while doing it I could give an ef what his alma mater is, I would be ecstatic if we got Dabo he would be the best coach Auburn has ever hired.  (it's not happening)

Agree. And using that logic, we never should have hired Dye. He was a filthy dawg and further tainted himself by coaching under the Bahr at bammer.

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here is the only way Dabo is interested: the turds tell Kiffin, if you take the Auburn job, Satan is going to retire in a couple years, you will never get the turds job. Dabo finds out about this, (of course Dabo wants the turds job) so he says OK, if the turds want Kiffin instead of me, once Satan retires, I am interested in Auburn. That is the only way!

Being a former player at a particular school and then becoming the head coach at that schools #1 rival in the SEC is not unheard of. Please consider Vince Dooley @ Georgia and Pat Dye at Auburn. 

I don't think this is going to be the case here but it has happened.  WDE  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Dabo & Lane are back-ups 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣

Go home coaching search, you're drunk

Agree. Sorry,23. No disrespect, but your sources haven’t exactly been spot-on in the past

• Like 1

I'm not a Dabo fan, but not wanting a winning coach because of his school background is confusing.  I hate UGA worse than UAT, but we accepted and honored Pat Dye.  Didn't he go to UGA? Dooley is loved at UGA, didn't he go to AU?  I think we can learn to accept any coach as long as they are winning.  And as long as we support the coach, I think they will stay with AU (that's a big if, as our boosters seem to screw up any time we have something positive going).  Just get someone in here that can make us consistent, competitive, and off the up and down roller coaster seasons we seem to endure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaotic_zx said:

dabotiger.gif

I believe Dabo is trying to get commitments from Clemson. Using Auburn as leverage. 

He just signed a massive new 10 year contract paying him $11.5/year with a very hefty buyout so not sure what else he wants, 

• Thanks 1

Now that Dabo doesn’t have a stud of a QB we can see how good of a coach he is. With the QBs they had coupled with the pathetic conference the guy is the luckiest HC to ever exist. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Now that Dabo doesn’t have a stud of a QB we can see how good of a coach he is. With the QBs they had coupled with the pathetic conference the guy is the luckiest HC to ever exist. 

Clemson is 9-1, playing in the ACC Championship game, and is still a (longshot) chance for the playoffs. I’ll take that in a “down year” without a stud QB.

• Like 1

Supposedly, one of the rumors out there is the Turds are telling Kiffin don’t go to Auburn, or you will never replace Satan. Dabo was butt hurt by this because he always felt like he would be Satan’s replacement. So Dabo said he’s interested in the Auburn job. Again, total rumor!

Since Auburn now has a real AD, the schedule may actually lighten up at least a little bit, once Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC, so the AU job is even more appealing than it was just a calendar year ago.

Count me skeptical that Dabo wants the job with the cush gig he has.  But I sure as hell want him if it's possible. He's the most proven coach out there. Terrific recruiter and everyone wants to play for him. Perfect for the portal era.  This is the true home run hire. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Here is the only way Dabo is interested: the turds tell Kiffin, if you take the Auburn job, Satan is going to retire in a couple years, you will never get the turds job. Dabo finds out about this, (of course Dabo wants the turds job) so he says OK, if the turds want Kiffin instead of me, once Satan retires, I am interested in Auburn. That is the only way!

I read online, so I'm sure it's true. But isn't he kinda anti NIL and the portal. If memory serves he hardly ever uses the portal?

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Supposedly, one of the rumors out there is the Turds are telling Kiffin don’t go to Auburn, or you will never replace Satan. Dabo was butt hurt by this because he always felt like he would be Satan’s replacement. So Dabo said he’s interested in the Auburn job. Again, total rumor!

Since Auburn now has a real AD, the schedule may actually lighten up at least a little bit, once Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC, so the AU job is even more appealing than it was just a calendar year ago.

You really don't want to be the guy who replaces Saban. You want to be the guy who replaces the guy who replaces Saban. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I read online, so I'm sure it's true. But isn't he kinda anti NIL and the portal. If memory serves he hardly ever uses the portal?

Just to sum up my thoughts, (with no inside information on this) Dabo nor Deion are coming to Auburn!

• Like 2

Dabo's success will be hard to duplicate at Auburn.  NIL/Recruiting being the main issues plus competition is harder.

Not a fan of this.

12 minutes ago, au81bs said:

I'm not a Dabo fan, but not wanting a winning coach because of his school background is confusing.  I hate UGA worse than UAT, but we accepted and honored Pat Dye.  Didn't he go to UGA? Dooley is loved at UGA, didn't he go to AU?  I think we can learn to accept any coach as long as they are winning.  And as long as we support the coach, I think they will stay with AU (that's a big if, as our boosters seem to screw up any time we have something positive going).  Just get someone in here that can make us consistent, competitive, and off the up and down roller coaster seasons we seem to endure.

The difference between Dye  and Dabo is massive.  Dye was not a mouthy, vindictive, petty jerk with an unhealthy amount of personal hate towards Auburn.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I'll believe Dabo is the next AU head coach when i see him in front of the podium wearing orange and blue with AU logos in the background. That dude is as  bammer as they come and i see no way he leaves Clemson where he is favored in every game they play every year to come to AU to try and fight for air with the like of Bama, UGA, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Tenn....etc al. 

I also would not be sold on him being able to compete with the top coaches in the league. He has had some good Clemson teams but being able to compete in the SEC is a different beast. 

22 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

He just signed a massive new 10 year contract paying him $11.5/year with a very hefty buyout so not sure what else he wants, 

Yep. Add this to the list of the other reasons why this entire scenario defies all logic and common sense. 

8 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I'll believe Dabo is the next AU head coach when i see him in front of the podium wearing orange and blue with AU logos in the background. That dude is as  bammer as they come and i see no way he leaves Clemson where he is favored in every game they play every year to come to AU to try and fight for air with the like of Bama, UGA, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Tenn....etc al. 

I also would not be sold on him being able to compete with the top coaches in the league. He has had some good Clemson teams but being able to compete in the SEC is a different beast. 

I 100% agree with your first comment. However, in your second comment I will say that he has one intangible that we crave: he is a madman at recruiting. That alone would allow him to compete with others in the league.

But as you said, no way that happens. 

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep. Add this to the list of the other reasons why this entire scenario defies all logic and common sense. 

When SEC teams are pulling in close to $70M from the new tv deal and ACC teams are still getting around $17M  you will understand 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

When SEC teams are pulling in close to $70M from the new tv deal and ACC teams are still getting around $17M  you will understand 

Ha you just said what more can he want and I agreed with you.  And then you post this. I am confused (which happens a lot I admit). 
image.gif

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Dabo & Lane are back-ups 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣

Go home coaching search, you're drunk

I am reading it differently. "Dabo is now the front runner.  Lane is interested if we do not lock down Dabo." 

I'm very confused at some of you. What's wrong with Dabo as coach? I would be ecstatic if he came to Auburn. Dabo would be a boom hire however likely it may be. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1