Jeremy Garrett New D-Line Coach

toddc

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Don’t believe we ever see those big name’s discussed. Only the ones that accept offers to come. Hopefully they fill everyone’s expectations (might be impossible to do so though).

That rumor is floated every time we look at new coaches and we never hear of any, just who we hire as you stated.  We really won’t know how they are performing until the season begins.

• Like 1

Didn't Freeze's staff basically own and beat Arkansas on the road while Harsin's crew lost to them at home?

• Like 2

It's mentioned he won the Chucky Mullins award. Mullins is from Russellville Alabama. In Russellville their community center is named after him as well. I took a bunch of pride anytime I played in that gym knowing his story. That helped me make a name for myself in the Tennessee Valley area. Only gym that meant more to me is the WC Handy gym in Florence. Pretty much if you played pick up in these gyms you were battle tested....if you played well in them you became local heroes.

• Like 1

The only thing that really makes different level coaches is actually caring and relating to your players. That's it really. Being a leader of men....I've been preaching this for years. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The only thing that really makes different level coaches is actually caring and relating to your players. That's it really. Being a leader of men....I've been preaching this for years. 

What do you think about this hire?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I can appreciate that as we had to live through Gus and Harsin manipulating the coaches to get their guys in.  Both had draw backs and Harsin’s definitely showed up early and often.  You did catch on early.

Freeze has yet to fill out his coaching staff, so I’m willing to wait to see what big names have reached out and if those coaches can be productive in Freeze’s system.  It struck me funny that less than a week has gone be and many on here are predicting doom and gloom (not necessarily you).

We’ve got plenty of time to tear him apart between the transfer portal, ESND and A-Day. :headscratch:

No manipulation to get their guys in. Most of their guys were fallback guys. Other than Muschamp (2015) and Mason (2021), they couldn’t get top assistants. That’s a huge issue. And if that pattern of only being able to get your past assistants continues with Freeze, he likely won’t last through the end of his 6-year contract. The good news is he has Cadillac, who has always had major clout and even more so after his interim HC term.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

What do you think about this hire?

He has done well and people seem to identify his talent. His players seem to love him. I'm down!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Seems like to me you are assuming patterns always work out the same way, when we all know they don’t, and certainly hope they don’t this time.

Freeze’s first outside hire was from Liberty, correct? You can choose to put your head in the sand and ignore all patterns. Thus far, until he hires someone outside of his coaching tree, it is a pattern of the last 2 HCs.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

25 minutes ago, Viper said:

No manipulation to get their guys in. Most of their guys were fallback guys. Other than Muschamp (2015) and Mason (2021), they couldn’t get top assistants. That’s a huge issue. And if that pattern of only being able to get your past assistants continues with Freeze, he likely won’t last through the end of his 6-year contract. The good news is he has Cadillac, who has always had major clout and even more so after his interim HC term.

So do you approve of the latest wr coach hire as a coach? Don't approve because HF knew him? I would have been fine with coach Hilliard, but this guy seems legit with just a minimum search. 

Edited by JuscAUse!

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well you know golf is birds fahther   lol......typed in the voice of ol darth. and if i disappear you know what happened.

ok i am toast. he has my address................grins

14 hours ago, cole256 said:

It's mentioned he won the Chucky Mullins award. Mullins is from Russellville Alabama. In Russellville their community center is named after him as well. I took a bunch of pride anytime I played in that gym knowing his story. That helped me make a name for myself in the Tennessee Valley area. Only gym that meant more to me is the WC Handy gym in Florence. Pretty much if you played pick up in these gyms you were battle tested....if you played well in them you became local heroes.

Lol what does this have to do with anything? Nice subtle brag. 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Am I the only one a little surprised that CHF hired a assistant on the defense and has yet to hire a DC? 

It seems odd, especially for a coach known for offense. You think he’d turn the D over to whoever he picks as coordinator. At least enough to let them make their own hires. 

1 minute ago, zeroforwinger said:

It seems odd, especially for a coach known for offense. You think he’d turn the D over to whoever he picks as coordinator. At least enough to let them make their own hires. 

Unless this is the Dline coach his future DC wants.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Crypto Dentist said:

Unless this is the Dline coach his future DC wants.

That would be my thinking also.  For instance, if he was considering another Liberty coach as defensive coordinator, there are actually 2 coaches listed as co-defensive coordinator.  One is currently serving as interim head coach.  Sometimes these coaches remain in case they might be offered the HC job.  I suspect Coach Freeze has known for a while who it will be but current circumstances prevent any announcement.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zeroforwinger said:

Lol what does this have to do with anything? Nice subtle brag. 

As stated Garrett won the Chucky Mullins award. It's a very special award given out at ole miss. I was explaining where that award comes from. Where I'm from Chucky Mullins is a hero. 

Sorry if it hurt your feelings for whatever reason

• Like 1

It's his team, but he'll need all the recruiting help he can possibly get. I'm not sure transplanting his Liberty staff is going to be the wisest move, but it's his show. 

39 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Chris Kiffen or Charles Kelly as DC... who yall want ?

Chris Kiffin. He has been getting his reps in defensive X's & O's in the NFL. Plus there is a comfort level with CHF. This is not the same for Kelly.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Viper said:

What do u mean. Gus staff was pretty good. Gus issue was his inability to evolve or actually let the coordinator he hired to do their job. Respectfully what is considered a top assistant. Kodi sometimes didn’t get his due but now is in the pros.

Edited by e808
Typo
  • Like 3

I hate to admit it but SO FAR I am disappointed with the staff hires (especially if the reports of hiring Heard were false). We need a splash—a big name recruiter.

(I might be overreacting but it doesn’t help that there’s seemingly very little discussion—on the other public forum they’ve resorted to talking about salmon at IHOP. 🤦‍♂️ )

Edited by AUwent

28 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I hate to admit it but SO FAR I am disappointed with the staff hires (especially if the reports of hiring Heard were false). We need a splash—a big name recruiter.

(I might be overreacting but it doesn’t help that there’s seemingly very little discussion—on the other public forum they’ve resorted to talking about salmon at IHOP. 🤦‍♂️ )

IHOP has salmon now?

• Haha 1