Jeremy Garrett New D-Line Coach

toddc

19 hours ago, Viper said:

Freeze’s first outside hire was from Liberty, correct? You can choose to put your head in the sand and ignore all patterns. Thus far, until he hires someone outside of his coaching tree, it is a pattern of the last 2 HCs.

Which would make sense - of course you'd get the hires of people you know out of the way first/early.  Hiring some dudes for analyst positions and like one guy for a position coach isn't indicative of a pattern.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I hate to admit it but SO FAR I am disappointed with the staff hires (especially if the reports of hiring Heard were false). We need a splash—a big name recruiter.

Since...*checks notes*...Tuesday?  Outside of the guys he kept from the previous staff we've hired one on field coach, right?  And you're already disappointed?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Since...*checks notes*...Tuesday?  Outside of the guys he kept from the previous staff we've hired one on field coach, right?  And you're already disappointed?

It don't take much for him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

He hired a guy who played the position, coached it in the NFL, coached it with him in college, and had the position group performing at a level so high it was rated top in the country......and we are complaining about that? 

Come on guys.....like get real. What type of coaches do you guys imagine are sitting around? Like what's good enough?

Some folks just live to bitch about stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He hired a guy who played the position, coached it in the NFL, coached it with him in college, and had the position group performing at a level so high it was rated top in the country......and we are complaining about that? 

Come on guys.....like get real. What type of coaches do you guys imagine are sitting around? Like what's good enough?

Well they don’t recognize the name …so [yellow font].

• Like 1

Wait, we’ve only hired one coach? I’m going off what Football Scoop reported. I’m assuming Garrett, Aigamaua, Harris and Austin, which leaves four spots. 

Edited by AUwent

17 hours ago, AUwent said:

Wait, we’ve only hired one coach? I’m going off what Football Scoop reported. I’m assuming Garrett, Aigamaua, Harris and Austin, which leaves four spots. 

What they are saying is that most of those hired from Liberty will be in off-field positions. There's no way to know what the final shakeout will be at this point in time.

• Like 3