2023 Portal Discussion Thread

toddc

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Just have a team without an adequate LS and see what happens. For several plays in every game, LS is the most important O-lineman.

Yeah, it's so awkward when you have to run back and hand the ball to the punter!  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, VicTree said:

Yeah, it's so awkward when you have to run back and hand the ball to the punter!  

It’s why many NFL teams make their long snapper the highest paid player on the team.  Only a select few can master the art of the position and impact the game so greatly.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

It’s why many NFL teams make their long snapper the highest paid player on the team.  Only a select few can master the art of the position and impact the game so greatly.

Lol, you're messing around, right?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Lol, you're messing around, right?

If you can get the job and stay around several years, the pay earned for actual required time in the field has to be pretty dang high.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, au701948 said:

If you can get the job and stay around several years, the pay earned for actual required time in the field has to be pretty dang high.

I don't argue that. But I don't think Long Snappers are even close to being paid the highest on the teams. Lol. I think he was messing around.

24 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don't argue that. But I don't think Long Snappers are even close to being paid the highest on the teams. Lol. I think he was messing around.

Oh no, you build your team around them.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Oh no, you build your team around them.

Ok, now I know you're joking. You had me worried, homie.

GIF will ferrell - animated GIF on GIFER - by Runeeye

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ok, now I know you're joking. You had me worried, homie.

I’m just taking a deep dive inside the mind of a certain well-known poster on here.

3 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Are you serious Clark?

There are some posters on here who say and believe stupid sh*t like that. I never took AuDevil as one of those. I was making sure he hadn't completely lost his mind. 

• Like 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

There are some posters on here who say and believe stupid sh*t like that. I never took AuDevil as one of those. I was making sure he hadn't completely lost his mind. 

I know. I was just joking.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

I’m just taking a deep dive inside the mind of a certain well-known poster on here.

See you in a sec

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I am wrong for having made my comment out of context. I didn’t follow the thread and just commented on LS in general. 

• Like 1

Oh crieky here comes…

• Haha 1

just to get things back on topic.....here's the latest portal update from Freeze from ON3 today. All the names we're waiting for news + a new name to me in Pedesclo. Note: name is misspelled intentionally so it'll be pronounced correctly.

Hugh Freeze on remaining spring transfers: 'We're always open to looking'

Cole Pinkston•about 1 hour
Article written by:On3 imageCole Pinkston

Offensive options in the portal for Auburn

There are still some transfer portal players who have visited Auburn and have not finalized their decisions yet.

Former Colorado wide receiver Montana Lemonious-Craig was offered by Auburn almost immediately after entering his name in the transfer portal. It has been nearly a week since he visited Auburn.

Auburn Live’s Jeffrey Lee currently has an RPM pick with 65 percent for Lemonious-Craig to land with the Tigers. He could have a decision at any time.

Former North Texas wide receiver Jyaire Shorter visited Auburn over the past weekend and gave that trip glowing reviews. He is trending toward Auburn, but it is interesting that he hasn’t made a final decision yet. That could happen at any time.

Defensive options in the portal for Auburn

Former James Madison edge transfer Isaac Ukwu visited Auburn, Ole Miss, and has plans to visit Missouri. Auburn is heavily in the mix in adding him to go along with McLeod.

Former North Texas linebacker Larry Nixon III visited Miami over the past weekend and is supposed to visit Auburn before making a decision.

There are no defensive backs in the portal who have reported an Auburn offer, or are not committed elsewhere. There are a few to keep an eye on. One in particular is Kameron Pedescleaux from the University of Louisiana. There is no guarantee that Auburn will pursue him, but Freeze mentioned that a defensive back is a position he is lookin at for a possible portal addition.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

just to get things back on topic.....here's the latest portal update from Freeze from ON3 today. All the names we're waiting for news + a new name to me in Pedesclo. Note: name is misspelled intentionally so it'll be pronounced correctly.

Hugh Freeze on remaining spring transfers: 'We're always open to looking'

Cole Pinkstonabout 1 hour
Article written by:On3 imageCole Pinkston

Offensive options in the portal for Auburn

There are still some transfer portal players who have visited Auburn and have not finalized their decisions yet.

Former Colorado wide receiver Montana Lemonious-Craig was offered by Auburn almost immediately after entering his name in the transfer portal. It has been nearly a week since he visited Auburn.

Auburn Live’s Jeffrey Lee currently has an RPM pick with 65 percent for Lemonious-Craig to land with the Tigers. He could have a decision at any time.

Former North Texas wide receiver Jyaire Shorter visited Auburn over the past weekend and gave that trip glowing reviews. He is trending toward Auburn, but it is interesting that he hasn’t made a final decision yet. That could happen at any time.

Defensive options in the portal for Auburn

Former James Madison edge transfer Isaac Ukwu visited Auburn, Ole Miss, and has plans to visit Missouri. Auburn is heavily in the mix in adding him to go along with McLeod.

Former North Texas linebacker Larry Nixon III visited Miami over the past weekend and is supposed to visit Auburn before making a decision.

There are no defensive backs in the portal who have reported an Auburn offer, or are not committed elsewhere. There are a few to keep an eye on. One in particular is Kameron Pedescleaux from the University of Louisiana. There is no guarantee that Auburn will pursue him, but Freeze mentioned that a defensive back is a position he is lookin at for a possible portal addition.

Good gracious ! What are these guys waiting on 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

IMO - getting credits to transfer to AU. I have not heard it from anyone, but it seems clear that one of the WR we are targeting would commit today if we let him. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

IKR! Maybe the 2 from North Texas will come as a package duo? 

50 minutes ago, DAG said:

Between the WR and the 3/4 position for Bruce, i figured we would be done by now lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, DAG said:

Finals

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This is so funny to me.  Don’t get me wrong I loveeee college sports more than anything.  But here we are grown men looking at when students take their exams so they can go butt their heads together to entertain us. 

• Thanks 1