2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Good points, but I would rather have long-term sustained success over one more win next season. If that means more dedication to recruiting than coaching, which is obviously Freeze’s current vision, I’m good with that. To each their own of course.

I get ya—it’s why I was ok with 6-6 *this* year—but if we can’t get the ball to the receivers we have it heightens the risk of them transferring. I was ok with Freeze erring overwhelmingly on the side of recruiting for his first year but he will start needing to move more in the direction of equilibrium between the two each of the next couple years.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

Al.com’s  latest story on him leaving  references him being elite. He was ranked as the #2 recruiter nationally by 247. 

10 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Isn't he the coach who was so highly rated as a recruiter?

A lateral move to A&M. Elko is getting a good recruiting staff, add him to Trooper and McGriff. I dont think it will be the deciding factor for Williams but thats one connection he had with Bama thats gone.

4 hours ago, CR said:

A lateral move to A&M. Elko is getting a good recruiting staff, add him to Trooper and McGriff. I dont think it will be the deciding factor for Williams but thats one connection he had with Bama thats gone.

Yes it will be an elite recruiting machine with these men and their NIL.

• Like 1

In their latest recruiting show, ON3 AU guys have RW at only 30-40% signing with AU unless a transfer QB is brought in. It still amazes me that after a bowl game where Thorne looks he always does that suddenly the thinking has changed for so many regarding the need for a transfer. Its pointless to spend money across the roster and go with a Dollar General QB.

1 hour ago, CR said:

In their latest recruiting show, ON3 AU guys have RW at only 30-40% signing with AU unless a transfer QB is brought in. It still amazes me that after a bowl game where Thorne looks he always does that suddenly the thinking has changed for so many regarding the need for a transfer. Its pointless to spend money across the roster and go with a Dollar General QB.

Lol Dollar General QB. That’s awesome. So accurate.

• Haha 1

They will have an upgrade in 2025 but unless they bring a transfer in, Milroe will be the QB for Alabama next year. Not that CHF has a leg to stand on but I’m sure that point has been brought up a lot. 

In my mind RW is going to Alabama until I see the flip happen. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

How much does Saban retiring affect this now!? 

Ryan Williams! Ryan Williams! Ryan Williams! 

It's great to be an Auburn Tiger! 

I know I'm a resident Debbie but I'll believe it when I see it. Still plenty of time for Lanning to get him back.

• Facepalm 2

Just now, AUwent said:

I know I'm a resident Debbie but I'll believe it when I see it. Still plenty of time for Lanning to get him back.

Is Lanning even the coach yet?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

FTR, he was ours no matter

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

Is Lanning even the coach yet?

No but all signs are pointing to it.
Edit: @bigbird I hope so!