2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I'm the OG calling 3 5* WRs.  Can't go back on it now.

Plus, if anyone is mean to me I'll just block them

I thought you were already banned? Can you block someone when you are banned? Not sure how this stuff works… Lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, e808 said:

If RW is on a 3 year plan then Texas makes the most since. If WW is the selling point then that’s year two unless somehow he ends up starting this year.  When Cam Coleman decommitted from Tamu all the signs pointed directly to Auburn. Ryan decommitted from Bama and the people in the know are still not to sure.

Whoever is playing QB might be the deciding factor. If that’s the case might have to seriously consider getting Will Rodgers. Sounds like there is interest .

Honestly if you’re any of these WRs from this cycle, Texas makes sense imo. Sark uses WRs well, I can’t think of many old-SEC QBs that are better than Ewers, and Archie is as promising as just about any of the future SEC starters that haven’t played real reps. If we get Ryan over them, it’s going to be because of some real Auburn love. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I thought you were already banned? Can you block someone when you are banned? Not sure how this stuff works… Lol

I'm only banned from certain areas. 

1 hour ago, slawtiger said:

Ryan Williams was on fire at todays indoor track meet winning the 60m and 400m.  The kid is an elite athlete.  Close the deal Auburn!!

https://live.xpresstiming.com/meets/29464/winners

Notice the high jump and long jump champ?  Our own Malcom Simmons!  

• Like 4
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Are you still talking about this site? Or real life?

Yes, this site.  Yes, my wife has banned me from the companionship and carnal knowledge of other women.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I'm the OG calling 3 5* WRs.  Can't go back on it now.

Plus, if anyone is mean to me I'll just block them

Can you just go ahead and preemptively block me?   I think it will work the best for both of us. 

29 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

Can you just go ahead and preemptively block me?   I think it will work the best for both of us. 

No.  Everyone but you

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Honestly if you’re any of these WRs from this cycle, Texas makes sense imo. Sark uses WRs well, I can’t think of many old-SEC QBs that are better than Ewers, and Archie is as promising as just about any of the future SEC starters that haven’t played real reps. If we get Ryan over them, it’s going to be because of some real Auburn love. 

I remember some of the wr routes that Sark ran when he was at Bama. They were outstanding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, this site.  Yes, my wife has banned me from the companionship and carnal knowledge of other women.

I would think YOU would do that because of your wife!! Lol

Edited by Hank2020

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I remember some of the wr routes that Sark ran when he was at Bama. They were outstanding.

It would easily be the head coach's best flip, if he were to get this kid. You can make the argument that UDub's HC/OC and Sark have better offensive pedigrees at this point, Bama/Texas/LSU all have more recent WR sucess to point to, and I'd think Texas has more money. 

Not a doomer post all btw, it's just important to contextualize how big a get this would be, if it were to occur. It's a bigger heist now, than what it was a month ago. 

37 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It would easily be the head coach's best flip, if he were to get this kid. You can make the argument that UDub's HC/OC and Sark have better offensive pedigrees at this point, Bama/Texas/LSU all have more recent WR sucess to point to, and I'd think Texas has more money. 

Not a doomer post all btw, it's just important to contextualize how big a get this would be, if it were to occur. It's a bigger heist now, than what it was a month ago. 

Why do you think it’s a bigger heist now? The bowl game flop??

12 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I'm only banned from certain areas. 

Like elementary schools and playgrounds???

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, aujohnson said:

Why do you think it’s a bigger heist now? The bowl game flop??

Did you skip past the first paragraph in that post lol??? It was more of a Bama/Auburn race exclusively previously

11 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I would think YOU would do that because of your wife!! Lol

We have loose morals in the Auburn family.  We like to ask forgiveness

28 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Did you skip past the first paragraph in that post lol??? It was more of a Bama/Auburn race exclusively previously

No, I read it. 

I just thought you might have something more than that. 
He may have changed his mind from where he was a few weeks ago, but I don’t see why more competitors with significantly less of a connection than he had before, with the school he was committed too is a bigger problem. 

All those other schools existed in the exact same way before saban and wiggins left bama. 

So the only difference is one got weaker. 

• Like 1

RW is an elite athelete. He has to look at our QB situation and wonder who is going to get him the ball. College football is all about "business decisions" now for these kids. No one should blame them. I certainly would not blame RW if he went to Texas with the QB they have and how Sark can scheme for him. Of the teams on his list right now I would think we are in last place to land him. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We have loose morals in the Auburn family.  We like to ask forgiveness

My wife is good with guns. I try to keep the uh-ohs small!! Lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

RW is an elite athelete. He has to look at our QB situation and wonder who is going to get him the ball. College football is all about "business decisions" now for these kids. No one should blame them. I certainly would not blame RW if he went to Texas with the QB they have and how Sark can scheme for him. Of the teams on his list right now I would think we are in last place to land him. 

With Cam and Perry on the field with him, I could scheme an offensive game plan. 

51 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

No, I read it. 

I just thought you might have something more than that. 
He may have changed his mind from where he was a few weeks ago, but I don’t see why more competitors with significantly less of a connection than he had before, with the school he was committed too is a bigger problem. 

All those other schools existed in the exact same way before saban and wiggins left bama. 

So the only difference is one got weaker. 

Well yeah, if you just put it as “more competitors” then yeah, it’s not much. When one of those competitors just fielded two of the top 15 receivers (and won the heisman), another is coached by Steve Sarkisian, and you have A&M who still has more money than about anyone, then it’s a bit more of a problem. They ate up the market share that was lost by Alabama taking a step back, and Alabama still appears to be in his ear more than anyone based on yesterday’s reporting. 

35 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

But for the last 18 months it has been about relationships to RW.  All the interviews were about how well Bama connected with him and his entire family.  he was pushed away from Auburn b/c Harisn was so awful at relationships and talking to people.  Hugh has gotten us back to 50/50 before Saban left and rebuilt that relationship.

Now....Saban lied to his entire family.  TRob is Gone.  The WR is Gone.  He has no connection to coaches at Bama.  If it took Hugh 10 months to get a relationship back to salvageable...we expect DeBoer to get it back in 3 weeks?

We'll see if it is about relationships or not.  Seems like it is more than anything.  It's going to be a back and forth 3 weeks.  Ignore 99% of anything reported.  We get the last visit. Let Hugh close

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, creed said:

With Cam and Perry on the field with him, I could scheme an offensive game plan. 

Yep.. no doubt. If CHF gets RW to come to Auburn with our current QB situation, I will consider it one of the biggest gets ever. I just have doubts that he will come to Auburn based soley on our QB situation. Although I will add that Coleman and other other guys are recruiting RW hard so hopefully all of that comes into play. 

• Like 1