2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

Still think it is going to be a major dog fight against the aggies and longhorns 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

Get 10 5 star WRS, if you don’t have a quality qb and Oline to protect it means nothing. On paper this would look great and cool that Williams came to AU, but reality is qb and oline is the need. He can’t catch a ball from a qb who’s on his ass all day because the line can’t block. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Get 10 5 star WRS, if you don’t have a quality qb and Oline to protect it means nothing. On paper this would look great and cool that Williams came to AU, but reality is qb and oline is the need. He can’t catch a ball from a qb who’s on his ass all day because the line can’t block. 

So what you think Freeze gonna do….roll with Thorne or revisit portal options for a Qb

20 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

So what you think Freeze gonna do….roll with Thorne or revisit portal options for a Qb

Portal .. all day. Long enough to get Walker up to speed. There’s no other options 

Totally hate to say it and hope I’m wrong, but Ryan Williams seems to love Auburn but have zero plans to play here. The offensive identity, lack of QB play and lack of Oline talent being the issues

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NES said:

Totally hate to say it and hope I’m wrong, but Ryan Williams seems to love Auburn but have zero plans to play here. The offensive identity, lack of QB play and lack of Oline talent being the issues

I’m definitely in “believe when I see it” mode with RW but I would argue his skill set might be less reliant on having someone to catch from than Perry and Cam. He seems to be a Percy Harsin/Ben Obomanu type who can burn you at will with sweeps.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, DAG said:

Still think it is going to be a major dog fight against the aggies and longhorns 

IMG_20240111_060415.jpg

I like our odds

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DAG said:

@DAG maybe with Texas but the Aggies has a lot of ground to make up just to get in the fight.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NES said:

The WRs are coming to AU because of WW. Not Thorne..

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1) TAM can pay him more as well as Texas 

2) Neither Texas nor TAM are in a total rebuild mode like us so he has the opportunity to tear it up this season. They are selling the playoffs and more while Freeze is still selling a vision since we underperformed last year. 

3) Walker White needs to get reps early with the easier part of our schedule so he can get some development this year. Hit our WRs in the hands giving them opps to show their skills so they come back next year.

4) Hate losing another Auburn legacy. Someone else mentioned that he loves Auburn and I agree. That said, the timing  sucks. If the other key players were rebuilding it would be a different story. 

War Damn Eagle  

15 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Preach!!

38 minutes ago, NCTiger1982 said:

2) Neither Texas nor TAM are in a total rebuild mode like us so he has the opportunity to tear it up this season. They are selling the playoffs and more while Freeze is still selling a vision since we underperformed last year. 

3) Walker White needs to get reps early with the easier part of our schedule so he can get some development this year. Hit our WRs in the hands giving them opps to show their skills so they come back next year.

4) Hate losing another Auburn legacy. Someone else mentioned that he loves Auburn and I agree. That said, the timing  sucks. If the other key players were rebuilding it would be a different story. 

War Damn Eagle  

aTm has a first year coach with complete new coaching staff. If he’s not just looking for more NiL, I think we compete well against them in this case. Texas is different though.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, NCTiger1982 said:

War Damn Eagle  

Texas just announced their QB, Quinn Ewers, will return to Texas next year instead of entering the draft.

That's not good for us in my opinion. I still think we are probably leading but Ewers returning is big. They also have Arch Manning even though he barely played this season. He is still better than what we have at QB. Don't count Alabama out of this thing either. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Texas just announced their QB, Quinn Ewers, will return to Texas next year instead of entering the draft.

That's not good for us in my opinion. I still think we are probably leading but Ewers returning is big. They also have Arch Manning even though he barely played this season. He is still better than what we have at QB. Don't count Alabama out of this thing either. 

The question with Texas QB situation is who, no question on quality.

17 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Spoken from the heart

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NES said:

What is your source? Or are you putting your opinion in his mouth?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

The who is the QB does matter a bit with UT. As I understand, his boy is KJ Lacey, who may never even see the field if Arch were to stay. At the very least, Ryan would spend one year with Ewers and more than likely, the rest of his career there would be with Arch (if all went to plan). Apparently he said he likes Sark and his offense, so may be this isn't as big a factor as it was originally, but I would think this news could also be construed as a positive. 

On 1/11/2024 at 7:55 PM, aucanucktiger said:

What is your source? Or are you putting your opinion in his mouth?

No source, just opinion. A forever Auburn fan; I truly hope someone smarter than me knows better than me that RW will be a tiger. War Eagle

A chance to play an hour and a half from his hometown where his family lives.  Austin, TX sucks.  It used to be an amazing place before it became California destination 2.0 to move to.

All these people talking about Williams not having anyone to throw to him have not watched Walker White.  Holden Geriner can sling the ball too.

Some folks will always be a cup is a half empty type of worldly view.  Thank goodness, that is not Hugh Freeze.

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, slawtiger said:

A chance to play an hour and a half from his hometown where his family lives.  Austin, TX sucks.  It used to be an amazing place before it became California destination 2.0 to move to.

All these people talking about Williams not having anyone to throw to him have not watched Walker White.  Holden Geriner can sling the ball too.

Some folks will always be a cup is a half empty type of worldly view.  Thank goodness, that is not Hugh Freeze.

Walker white has not played one college football down. HG finally got some pub and did not look good. If you are going to make an argument , at least make it make sense. You could’ve said Hank Brown and made more sense. 

• Like 2

There’s some real negative nancies here lately. First is was “he’s not going to flip from Bama.” Now it’s “he’s clearly going to Texas.” 

It was rumored that he was wavering toward us after the multiple unofficial visits. Now, after Saban retires, he decommits. Pretty clear what was going on. He wanted to play for Saban but loves the atmosphere of Auburn. He was stuck between the two.  With Saban gone, his decision got easier. Could he go to Texas? Sure. Could he go to Bama? Not likely given that he actually decommitted. Yet it is possible. But anyone suggesting we aren’t the front runners at this point is going out of their way to be negative. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

There’s some real negative nancies here lately. First is was “he’s not going to flip from Bama.” Now it’s “he’s clearly going to Texas.” 

It was rumored that he was wavering toward us after the multiple unofficial visits. Now, after Saban retires, he decommits. Pretty clear what was going on. He wanted to play for Saban but loves the atmosphere of Auburn. He was stuck between the two.  With Saban gone, his decision got easier. Could he go to Texas? Sure. Could he go to Bama? Not likely given that he actually decommitted. Yet it is possible. But anyone suggesting we aren’t the front runners at this point is going out of their way to be negative. 

I *would* prefer we focus our effort$ on a transfer QB but if he wants to come here, awesome!

Edited by AUwent