2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

My prediction on recruiting would hold zero value.

Are you saying you’re an insider?🫣

• Haha 1

AUwent was right about RW.  AU would have been better served by spending the time and NIL money on a portal QB.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Can’t say he didn’t either. Nobody has any real idea why he recommitted. Even if RW says something publicly, that may or may not be the real reason. 

Yeah I can’t think there’s any value at all to still try to look at this fallout from an “insiders” or rumor perspective. Basically all rumors other than the pro-Alabama ones appear like they will be completely invalidated. The victor gets to dictate how history went

Maybe it was money, maybe it was a leave it or take it offer, maybe it was a complete troll job by Ryan. Maybe it was always 50/50 and this last visit just locked it in for him. No one will ever know except him and his 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TigerVII said:

AUwent was right about RW.  AU would have been better served by spending the time and NIL money on a portal QB.

Has there been an announcement that our staff wasn’t spending time & NIL on a portal QB?

As I stated weeks ago, this was one single recruit that they could allocate time to because ENSD was over. AU lost no other recruits by spending time & resources on him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Unless RW cancels his visit to AU, it's still anybody guess where he goes,-IMO

I'd tell him to beat it.

image.thumb.png.a51326944b632e4125b52bc6237d6382.png

• Angry 2

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Has there been an announcement that our staff wasn’t spending time & NIL on a portal QB?

Since when do our coaches announce anything about our recruiting targets (especially portal targets)?

Edited by TigerVII
Spelling

16 minutes ago, TigerVII said:

Saved all that money on McCray, Williams, Echols and didn't sign a QB 

sad

• Like 2

Look at it this way.  We have more money now to spend post spring on any remaining needs.  I am not upset with this.  If we didn't have the stacked WR's class we just pulled in.....maybe but I think this actually could be a good thing.  Not making excuses for losing him, it would have been a good get but in the long run, I think this is not that bad of a thing.  Now we move on.

• Like 1

I would have loved to get Ryan Williams, but there is no way I would take him over Cam Coleman.  He may turn out to be a superstar, but 5' 10" receivers seldom do.  Very happy with who we have.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, autan said:

I thought we signed WW, 5th best in the nation.

I think they're talking about portal QBs. 

That said, I hope WW or HB develops quickly and is the starter. WW gonna be a good leader. 

9 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I would have loved to get Ryan Williams, but there is no way I would take him over Cam Coleman.  He may turn out to be a superstar, but 5' 10" receivers seldom do.  Very happy with who we have.

Agreed.  We also got Perry and 2 other 4 stars to boot

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

sad

Can we get Echols once Kelly goes to Michigan? Maybe we can steal some Michigan players, too. 

11 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Same here. Cam was never a drama queen. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Great… would’ve loved to have had him here. But we still have a better receiver class than Bama overall. Now we can move on.

If u give me a choice of the 4 we signed OR RW. I take our 4 every time

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'd tell him to beat it.

image.thumb.png.a51326944b632e4125b52bc6237d6382.png

Yep. And go get a portal QB. We just saved hella money.

14 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

He may turn out to be a superstar, but 5' 10" receivers seldom do.

He’s 6’ 1/2”

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

sad

Don't forget Bolden. 

I don't want to hear that we don't have money. Go get a transfer QB. If it's not too late. 

Edited by cbo
  • Like 2

These turds acting like it was DeBoer that recruited him. The guy was obviously in love with bama, or the money. DeBoer didn't do **** in 2 weeks, other than convince him to $tay. They're gonna run with this false narrative. 

mod edit:  DO NOT evade the profanity filter

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TigerVII said:

Since when do our coaches announce anything about our recruiting targets (especially portal targets)?

So our coaches have sat around for 7 weeks waking up to recruit this guy and going to bed recruiting this guy alone?

Don’t forget … in this day of transfers you aren’t just recruiting these kids as freshmen but also future transfers.  Always leave the door open for the future if the kid has been honest with the staff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Don't forget Bolden. 

I don't want to hear that we don't have money. Got get a transfer QB. If it's not too late. 

That ship has pretty much sailed unless u grab in the second window. Unpopular opinion. Hoping WW wins and takes his lumps this year. The receivers and him would have cohesion for 2024. Hank Brown would work as well in this situation 

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

So our coaches have sat around for 7 weeks waking up to recruit this guy and going to bed recruiting this guy alone?

No, it appears they're working very hard on the 2025 class - weekend visits and all.  They just didn't take the opportunity to upgrade from Thorne (at least before spring practices anyway).

Edited by TigerVII
Added parentheses
  • Dislike 1