2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Here is the thing about our insiders. They tell us what they can, when they can and it’s based on what they hear. They’re not sharing info that they don’t feel good about. Some on here get beside themselves if they aren’t sharing new info and some don’t believe it when they see it. Then if a person does an about face the insiders get knocked for it. Maybe they just stop sharing anything at all and then at least no one can say they don’t know what they are talking about. We’re dealing with 17 year olds.  My 17 year old didn’t know what he wanted for dinner half the time. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after ENSD, Freeze said something to the effect of a commit telling him the night before "I'm coming", and then changing his mind overnight (unless he was outright lying). Not sure if he named names, but for some reason I'm thinking it was KJ Bolden. The point is, things can change in the blink of an eye. So, maybe they're right at the time that stuff leaks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

He still has some relationships with players over there. Auburn has the unknown at quarterback and a talented group that came in at wide receiver. At Bama he would be the guy and pretty sure Milroe or whomever the qb will be looks for him first. Which situation would u chose 

Everyone says he'd still be #1 over here, too.

I'm not so sure Milroe's the guy, BTW. I wouldn't be surprised for him to lose the job and enter the portal in the spring, but who knows. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Viper said:

Everyone’s got 💰. This is where it comes down to relationships, which we clearly have on our side with Saban and his WR coach gone. 

So your predicting him to AU?

45 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I have no idea where RW will sign, but I doubt he cancelled his UT visit because of a Bama bid. I’m pretty sure no one in CFB is able to outbid Texas on anything. 

I doubt TX was seriously in it to begin with

8 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Have not seen him play….but is he that much better than Perry, Cain, and Simmons?

At this point, yes, but of course it’ll all have to come out in the wash. He’s immediately going to make whatever team he plays for much, much better. His overall projection and the gravitas of his recruitment is more in line with Julio Jones, though his frame and skill set more closely align with Devonta Smith. 

This kid’s recruitment has the makings of Reuben Foster’s and TJ Yeldon’s. We know how those turned out.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Everyone says he'd still be #1 over here, too.

I'm not so sure Milroe's the guy, BTW. I wouldn't be surprised for him to lose the job and enter the portal in the spring, but who knows. 

That would be interesting. Especially since Coleman and Cain are already at Auburn. Then u have Fairweather. His decision day can’t get here fast enough

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Unless RW cancels his visit to AU, it's still anybody guess where he goes,-IMO

Even if he does cancel the visit, it’s still anyone’s game until he signs the papers. Canceling Texas was a bad sign for Texas because he still had other visits left. If he cancels Auburn too, it would mean he cancelled all his remaining visits, which could just mean he has made a decision, and doesn’t need another visit to make up his mind.

But if he’s planned to not take any more visits either way, I think he would’ve just cancelled both simultaneously. There’s no reason to wait to cancel the Auburn visit until a few days later.

Edited by ScotsAU

Just now, ScotsAU said:

Even if he does cancel the visit, it’s still anyone’s game until he signs the papers. Canceling Texas was a bad sign for Texas because he still had other visits left. If he cancels Auburn too, it would mean he cancelled all his remaining visits, which could just mean he has made a decision, and doesn’t need another visit to make up his mind.

I guess.  I'm not counting on him. We got a great WR room without him. That's a plus to all this

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I guess.  I'm not counting on him. We got a great WR room without him. That's a plus to all this

I get that. At this point, I mostly want him because Bama wants him. It would say a lot to the world if we were able to beat them out in a recruiting battle for someone of his caliber, especially since, even in years with great classes, we’ve always seemed to lose one to them late.

Edited by ScotsAU

He's clearly an elite talent, but after we got CC I've viewed him purely as icing.

Sounds like Sayin, Downs et al. leaving cleared up a lot of $ for them. So, hopefully this clears us some cheddar for us come May to fill some TP needs (looking at tOSU's QB room, one of them has to transfer right...)

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I mean he has a clear path since Bonds is gone. It makes the most sense. No sweat. CHF already putting in work for 2025

57 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Have not seen him play….but is he that much better than Perry, Cain, and Simmons?

Him and Coleman are roughly comparable, and Cam is a step above Perry. I think Perry is viewed as more of an already good, but can easily become a superstar if a couple things break right. Like he’s sooo high ceiling. 

That being said they did definitely want Perry lol. There’s a difference between saying like, he wasn’t going to be their best or second best WR vs them not wanting him at all IMO. They even attempted to recruit him again going into NSD

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I’m not liking the smoke I’m seeing.

Not the first tweet about that I’ve seen, but I believe she’s a local reporter on Tusky stuff. Probably the biggest/most reputable so far. It would make sense 

They give out the IB trophy tn too as I understand, so it would be a good time to do it. 

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Good to finally rip the bandaid off. Hopefully we blow them off the court in Tuscaloosa and he gets to enjoy Auburn excellence up front and personal one more time…

Great… would’ve loved to have had him here. But we still have a better receiver class than Bama overall. Now we can move on.

• Like 1

Sounds to me like he got a deal that he had to take or leave.  If he takes, no more visits.  This is what its all about guys for Ryan. All money, relationships,  naa don't need them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Laughable that the Turds are actually claiming Debore got RW back in the fold. 

Can’t say he didn’t either. Nobody has any real idea why he recommitted. Even if RW says something publicly, that may or may not be the real reason. 

• Like 1

He will probably still visit Auburn and waste everyone’s time lol God bless the coaches who have to deal with this stupid crap 365 days a year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So your predicting him to AU?

My prediction on recruiting would hold zero value.

Hugh needs to bone up and cancel RW's visit if his inside intel says that, indeed, RW is firmly back on the turdwagon again. Of course, it would be publicly reported that RW's camp cancelled the trip to AU, but insiders would know (and report) better.

Edited by tigeraddikt
  • Like 2