2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

3 hours ago, Duder said:

He will defo take the last 2 visits unless the Bama offer is just astronomical and/or had an expiration date on it. 

He canceled the 1/27 Texas visit. He just has the 2/3 AU visit remaining. 

16 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

he's been CB'd to Alabama by Wiltfong.

Before his AU visit. Interesting. 

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Rumor is he is about to cancel his Auburn visit. 

Here is what I think happened. He went to bama,  got his NIL offer. That was enuf for him to cancel on TX. He might even told them he accepted . That's why all these CBs are rolling in. Let's see if he takes AU official.  

Edited by NWALA Tiger

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

Probably one of those rare instances where having an earlier visit - when he was more tentative - would've been better 

• Like 2

This is one recruiting battle bama needs bad to save some face. I doubt there is anything they wouldn't do to land him. Pretty sure he would be happy with whatever offer they gave that QB who just portaled out of there. 

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Here is what I think happened. He went to bama,  got his NIL offer. That was enuf for him to cancel on TX. He might even told them he accepted . That's why all these CBs are rolling in. Let's see if he takes AU official.  

Makes sense. As has been alluded to multiple times (by unofficial sources), AU can beat the offer.

If he cancels the AU visit too, will be one of the bigger head scratches I can recall. How do you decommit literally 14 days ago due to a HC retiring, then fall in love with the new guy in that short amount of time?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Viper said:

Makes sense. As has been alluded to multiple times (by unofficial sources), AU can beat the offer.

If he cancels the AU visit too, will be one of the bigger head scratches I can recall. How do you decommit literally 14 days ago due to a HC retiring, then fall in love with the new guy in that short amount of time?

It’s pretty simple young adults and some older adults make knee jerk or impulse decisions all the time. On one of the podcast it was stated that his decommit had nothing to do with Saban retiring and was already planned. Whatever happened between then and now who knows. Either way Auburn will be fine. 

Edited by e808

21 minutes ago, Viper said:

Any chance he's talking to Auburn behind the scenes, and knows he wants to come to Auburn (maybe Auburn already offered NIL > than bama)? Then he cancels Auburn visit, and picks Auburn anyway on 2/9? 

Not saying that will happen. But could you imagine the bama meltdown if that happened? 

7 minutes ago, e808 said:

On one of the podcast it was stated that his recommit had nothing to do with Saban retiring and was already planned. Whatever happened between then and now who knows. Either way Auburn will be fine. 

Not buying that. He decommitted less than 3 hours after Saban retired. Then he stated “I need someone to excel and take the throne.”

That does not sound like it was planned.

Of course AU will be fine. Already signed our best WR class in program history. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Not buying that. He decommitted less than 3 hours after Saban retired. Then he stated “I need someone to excel and take the throne.”

That does not sound like it was planned.

Of course AU will be fine. Already signed our best WR class in program history. 

Looking good for 2025, too. 

I figured he was already looking for an excuse to leave bama. Why he visited last weekend is puzzling though. Unless he just wants Auburn to up the ante.

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Viper said:

💰 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Looking good for 2025, too. 

I figured he was already looking for an excuse to leave bama. Why he visited last weekend is puzzling though. Unless he just wants Auburn to up the ante.

Not surprised he kept his visit w bammer. I’ve maintained all along this is an AU/bammer only battle. 

Bidding can be done remotely. Doesn’t require a visit. Now is his camp hustling both sides for more dough? I can buy that.

This right here is why I never trust the “ insiders” on this board. How many times have they said some kid is a “silent” or 100% to us and been wrong. The next one the insiders are right on will be the first, especially if they have been committed to bama. I’ll gladly eat my words if this kid comes to Auburn but I ain’t counting on it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

💰

Everyone’s got 💰. This is where it comes down to relationships, which we clearly have on our side with Saban and his WR coach gone. 

I have no idea where RW will sign, but I doubt he cancelled his UT visit because of a Bama bid. I’m pretty sure no one in CFB is able to outbid Texas on anything. 

• Like 4

Funny kid is gonna make more money than some starting receivers in the NFL and current starters in college football. Strange times.

27 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I have no idea where RW will sign, but I doubt he cancelled his UT visit because of a Bama bid. I’m pretty sure no one in CFB is able to outbid Texas on anything. 

Agreed. This was always an AU/bammer battle. He did the gentlemanly thing w Texas. 

• Like 1

The next in-state premium blue chip prospect that both Bama and Auburn want that chooses AU over Bama will be the first imo. Vincent Jackson excluded: I’m talking about in the modern era of recruiting services and fan paywall “insiders.” And while there have been good players who have chosen AU over UA, I’m talking elite difference-makers.

Edited by tigeraddikt

40 minutes ago, jluvah said:

This right here is why I never trust the “ insiders” on this board. How many times have they said some kid is a “silent” or 100% to us and been wrong. The next one the insiders are right on will be the first, especially if they have been committed to bama. I’ll gladly eat my words if this kid comes to Auburn but I ain’t counting on it

Here is the thing about our insiders. They tell us what they can, when they can and it’s based on what they hear. They’re not sharing info that they don’t feel good about. Some on here get beside themselves if they aren’t sharing new info and some don’t believe it when they see it. Then if a person does an about face the insiders get knocked for it. Maybe they just stop sharing anything at all and then at least no one can say they don’t know what they are talking about. We’re dealing with 17 year olds.  My 17 year old didn’t know what he wanted for dinner half the time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Funny kid is gonna make more money than some starting receivers in the NFL and current starters in college football. Strange times.

Who is Funny Kid? 😁

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Viper said:

Everyone’s got 💰. This is where it comes down to relationships, which we clearly have on our side with Saban and his WR coach gone. 

He still has some relationships with players over there. Auburn has the unknown at quarterback and a talented group that came in at wide receiver. At Bama he would be the guy and pretty sure Milroe or whomever the qb will be looks for him first. Which situation would u chose 

6 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

The next in-state premium blue chip prospect that both Bama and Auburn want that chooses AU over Bama will be the first imo. And while there have been good players who have chosen AU over UA, I’m talking elite program-changers.

Have not seen him play….but is he that much better than Perry, Cain, and Simmons?

• Like 1