2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

Guys, let debore have his honeymoon.  Just wait till his 1st loss. RW recruitment will be forgotten about. Let's see how he does with the 2025 class.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

If u give me a choice of the 4 we signed OR RW. I take our 4 every time

RW has great potential. Every recruit needs to make their own choices. It’s what the new system brings for the players. I’m hoping in the very near future he regrets this choice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, yngwie1995 said:

These turds acting like it was DeBoer that recruited him. The guy was obviously in love with bama, or the money. DeBoer didn't do **** in 2 weeks, other than convince him to $tay. They're gonna run with this false narrative. 

As I said a page or so back to a similar comment. We can’t know and won’t know why he decided to recommit. They are wrong to assume DeBoer got him back. But it’s also wrong to just assume he didn’t get him back. No evidence either way, and anything that RW says about why he chose Bama can’t be viewed as reliable. So we’ll never truly know.

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

RW has great potential. Every recruit needs to make their own choices. It’s what the new system brings for the players. I’m hoping in the very near future he regrets this choice.

Well, for the record, lots of folks are complaining about the portal. But that means we could persuade him to come later on if he’s not getting snaps and/or ends up unhappy with the coaching staff.

• Like 2

Ehh good luck to him. Glad we can finally close this door and look to the exciting future of the guys heading to the plains!

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Numbers don't lie, just always fun to take everything from Bama.

• Like 1

I can understand if RW chooses Bama. DeBoer has had explosive offenses in his past and we are pretty dang questionable for this coming season if we're just being honest. It will be great if we land RW but if we don't, we still have the best WR class in our history coming in and hopefully we can take that NIL money that RW was going to get and we can go land some linemen, a QB or edge rushers.

What we don't need to happen is RW signing with Bama and then alot of our fans losing their s*** and thinking all is lost here at Auburn because it's not. We still have great WR's and we will be ok regardless of what RW chooses.

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, cbo said:

Don't forget Bolden. 

I don't want to hear that we don't have money. Go get a transfer QB. If it's not too late. 

Yeah, him too.  We had all this money ready to go then didn't spend any.  I like Kite and Lewis.  Not sure we really got anyone else of note.  Texas safety is a Vet who is okay-ish and his value probably going to come coaching up the younger kids

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Guys, let debore have his honeymoon.  Just wait till his 1st loss. RW recruitment will be forgotten about. Let's see how he does with the 2025 class.

DeBoer will lose pretty quick when they play Georgia September 28th and it's in Tuscaloosa so fans will really lose their minds when he loses at home. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TigerVII said:

They just didn't take the opportunity to upgrade from Thorne (at least before spring practices anyway).

And how do you know 100% for certain they didn’t take the opportunity to look at every available realistic portal QB?

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, him too.  We had all this money ready to go then didn't spend any.  I like Kite and Lewis.  Not sure we really got anyone else of note.  Texas safety is a Vet who is okay-ish and his value probably going to come coaching up the younger kids

NIL money should be saved for next year if possible. 2024 isn't the year to invest heavily in a QB IMO

Well, time to take whatever NIL $ we had set aside for him and throw it at positions of need, be that this year or next. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

NIL money should be saved for next year if possible. 2024 isn't the year to invest heavily in a QB IMO

idk, we'll probably be saying something different when Thorne drops countless sub 100 yard games again vs P5 teams and Hugh is blasting Nix at his PCs.

Blow that NIL money next year on JuJu and ride with the #1 QB

Can't believe Freeze was caught off guard. Cancelled his visit, shut down his recruitment? Jesus

2 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

DeBoer will lose pretty quick when they play Georgia September 28th and it's in Tuscaloosa so fans will really lose their minds when he loses at home. 

I hope it's a beatdown. uga by 30.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, woodford said:

Great news. The staff can focus on guys who actually want to come to Auburn now. Best of luck, kid. 

I am sure it was mutual.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am sure it was mutual.

I’m about 99% sure Freeze told him to use that weekend to spend his Bama bucks and stay TH away from Lee County. But at least the guy isn’t playing games.

Edited by tigeraddikt

Follow the visits…after his record track meet in Birmingham on MLK day…he was in T-Town that night.

Then he and his dad were in T-town for the official.

He loved Alabama and had a strong attachment to his class.

The freeze four are all ballers!  The future is bright.  The best thing Coach Freeze can do is have 2-3 of them have over 1,000 yard seasons and WR recruiting will remain solid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would loved to have gotten him. But it’s hard to be too upset when you signed four of the top WRs in the country - two 5-stars and two 4-stars. Stealing two high profile guys from Bama would have been the chef’s kiss. Gravy. Extra. 

After losing Saban and us flipping some guys and their portal losses, I think they were going to do or pay whatever it took to get this win. The PR implications were much bigger for them than us under the current circumstances. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I would loved to have gotten him. But it’s hard to be too upset when you signed four of the top WRs in the country - two 5-stars and two 4-stars. Stealing two high profile guys from Bama would have been the chef’s kiss. Gravy. Extra. 

After losing Saban and us flipping some guys and their portal losses, I think they were going to do or pay whatever it took to get this win. The PR implications were much bigger for them than us under the current circumstances. 

All great points. But why isn’t anyone talking about the fact that his dad was in Tubberville’s doghouse in the Tony Franklin debacle year (2008) and then cut by Chizik when he came in in 2009? Hardly a positive legacy guy for AU. Truth his, he was never going to AU and he only had AU on his list because he clicked with Marcus Davis last Spring.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I agree there was no way in hell they were gonna let RW go to Auburn. A part of me feels he leveraged the Saban retirement to pull a lil more $$$ out of the Updykes by saying he may consider going somewhere else.