2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

31 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I've been confused about this too. People keep saying top 10, but it really seems like we are going to have to make up a lot of ground to do that. 

I don't think on3 does it, but if you look at "totals" for classes over the past years there are 4 big traunches.  Usually there are 1-3 (Bama/UGA/OSU/USC) type absurd classes.  3-6 or 3-7 are usually a step below but kinda their own solid group and 7-12 or 7-13 are all within a razor thin/1 player type margin.  Then there is everyone else.

I'd like to be top 10, but 7-12 we're essentially the same level of classes.  I'm not sure we push higher than that in '24.  The top end guys, top 100 players are already essentially locked up outside Coleman.  Maybe we flip some or teams fall of and kid decommit...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't think on3 does it, but if you look at "totals" for classes over the past years there are 4 big traunches.  Usually there are 1-3 (Bama/UGA/OSU/USC) type absurd classes.  3-6 or 3-7 are usually a step below but kinda their own solid group and 7-12 or 7-13 are all within a razor thin/1 player type margin.  Then there is everyone else.

I'd like to be top 10, but 7-12 we're essentially the same level of classes.  I'm not sure we push higher than that in '24.  The top end guys, top 100 players are already essentially locked up outside Coleman.  Maybe we flip some or teams fall of and kid decommit...

There’s also a season to be played/more Summer camps and some of those kids will get bumped up that aren’t in the top 100 -150 right now.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, toddc said:

There’s also a season to be played/more Summer camps and some of those kids will get bumped up that aren’t in the top 100 -150 right now.

Great point. We have 6 - 4* and 2 - 3*.  Both 3* just need small bumps to be 4*. That by itself moves us on up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, toddc said:

As E has told me many times look at AVG player Rankings. I went through 247 Average Player rankings and we are  tied at number 9.  SC is one that really surprised me at 92.94.   4 teams in the 92-94+ range. 3 teams in the 91 Range.  Then a bunch in the 90 range with Auburn at the top.  If we can keep up the type players we are getting and get somebody like Cam we really have a chance at a top 10 team. We have no chance in joining the current elite recruiting teams in the 93-94+ range.

bama 95.37

Ga      94.33

OSU   93.26

Fl       93.08

SC     92.94

USC  91.52

Clemson 91.63

MI      91.03

AU     90.76

A&M  90.76

ND     90.59

OR     90.55

FSU  90.53

Penn State 90.16

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

As E has told me many times look at AVG player Rankings. I went through 247 Average Player rankings and we are  tied at number 9.  SC is one that really surprised me at 92.94.   4 teams in the 92-94+ range. 3 teams in the 91 Range.  Then a bunch in the 90 range with Auburn at the top.  If we can keep up the type players we are getting and get somebody like Cam we really have a chance at a top 10 team. We have no chance in joining the current elite recruiting teams in the 93-94+ range.

bama 95.37

Ga      94.33

OSU   93.26

Fl       93.08

SC     92.94

USC  91.52

Clemson 91.63

MI      91.03

AU     90.76

A&M  90.76

ND     90.59

OR     90.55

FSU  90.53

Penn State 90.16

This is a Harsin excuse especially when we have a pretty small class now. 

Sure, it's viable in December 

35 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Great point. We have 6 - 4* and 2 - 3*.  Both 3* just need small bumps to be 4*. That by itself moves us on up.

Yeah there will be some movement but not a massive amount 

54 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We have ...2 - 3*.  Both 3* just need small bumps to be 4*.

Nope. Colllins would need a solid bump and his ranking has been trending down the past few month. Cain is #979 on the consensus & would need big bumps on most if not all sites to be a 4*. Small bumps ain't making them 4*s.

56 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

bama 95.37

Ga      94.33

OSU   93.26

Fl       93.08

SC     92.94

USC  91.52

Clemson 91.63

MI      91.03

AU     90.76

A&M  90.76

ND     90.59

OR     90.55

FSU  90.53

Penn State 90.16

I don’t understand why more people don’t get the importance of this statistic. It’s more important than overall ranking .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

I don’t understand why more people don’t get the importance of this statistic. It’s more important than overall ranking .

It's just bad to use when you have a small class. When your class is going to grow by 200%, it means nothing right now 

Edited by W.E.D

Hopefully we have a Merry Flipmas Season and steal some highly rated recruits in December.

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's just bad to use when you have a small class. When your class is going to grow by 200%, it means nothing right now 

You can have an average rating whether you have five or twenty, and if you keep the average going forward it’s still a good metric of where you compare to others average. It’s the whole point of why you look at average rating instead of rankings that tie in number of players. I don’t know why you think it’s not useful but that’s what you always do, look for the negative in everything. 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

bama 95.37

Ga      94.33

OSU   93.26

Fl       93.08

SC     92.94

USC  91.52

Clemson 91.63

MI      91.03

AU     90.76

A&M  90.76

ND     90.59

OR     90.55

FSU  90.53

Penn State 90.16

So Fl. Is there, but we have no chance?

Edited by Hank2020

13 minutes ago, toddc said:

You can have an average rating whether you have five or twenty, and if you keep the average going forward it’s still a good metric of where you compare to others average. It’s the whole point of why you look at average rating instead of rankings that tie in number of players. I don’t know why you think it’s not useful but that’s what you always do, look for the negative in everything. 

I believe as we look early (now) looking at average is good indicator of who you are influencing to join your program. At the end though overall number is better indicator of where you actually are in your recruiting systems. Must get high quality and high numbers to catch up. Unless we are going to continue to rely heavily on Portal (which also evens out recruiting gaps). IMO

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, toddc said:

Yes, but an average can easily got to s*** if you have 5 kids and your end class is going to be 25.  It makes sense when when your class is starting to fill up.  People a few days ago saying we had 80% 4* and a top 5 class or whatever it was look silly b/c we all know it isn't going to stay that way.

48 minutes ago, toddc said:

look for the negative in everything. 

awwww poor you.  Just because it is a bad stat and pointless when we have 35% of our class committed doesn't mean anything is negative.  Well I guess your analytical abilities are a huge negative, but that has nothing to do with Auburn....which if you'd attempt to read vs dive into some group think you'd see I'm very positive about our recruiting overall

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Feel like we're doing good,

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Agreed

Look at me and e being super negative.  Right @toddc!!!!

43 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I believe as we look early (now) looking at average is good indicator of who you are influencing to join your program. At the end though overall number is better indicator of where you actually are in your recruiting systems. Must get high quality and high numbers to catch up. Unless we are going to continue to rely heavily on Portal (which also evens out recruiting gaps). IMO

Agreed 

So I got a "reputation" for being negative about Bryan Harsin.

That's the hill you want to die on. LMAO 🤡

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Amazing recruiting and it’s just starting. More coming 

The speed at which it’s gotten going caught me off guard, and after some of us (including myself) were getting a little antsy, it’s been very welcomed. My Twitter feed was blowing up with commitments for everyone but us it seemed.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2

@Mikey will be happy to know, counting the outside Jack backer position, AU hopes/plans to take 5-6 LBs in this class. 3-4 not counting the Jack backer position.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

bama 95.37

Ga      94.33

OSU   93.26

Fl       93.08

SC     92.94

USC  91.52

Clemson 91.63

MI      91.03

AU     90.76

A&M  90.76

ND     90.59

OR     90.55

FSU  90.53

Penn State 90.16

This is a great metric. Is this using current rosters going into 2023 summer camp?

28 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

This is a great metric. Is this using current rosters going into 2023 summer camp?

@BigBlueWDE No. It's strictly the current ratings per commit for the 2024 recruiting class. Team talent ratings for the 2023 season has not been posted yet.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Mikey will be happy to know, counting the outside Jack backer position, AU hopes/plans to take 5-6 LBs in this class. 3-4 not counting the Jack backer position.

Well then let's hope the hopes/plans come true!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

@BigBlueWDE No. It's strictly the current ratings per commit for the 2024 recruiting class. Team talent ratings for the 2023 season has not been posted yet.

Thanks E you beat me to it.

• Like 1