2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

• Like 2

On 6/10/2023 at 5:54 AM, W.E.D said:

Jeez, on3 is starting to make excuses already? That's not a good feeling.

Also don't think a top 5 class should've ever been in anyone's expectation. We've had 1 in the last 25 years that ranked that high. Anything 7-12 will play fine

Pretty sure Napier did awful in the portal this last class. They couldn't get anyone on campus in the spring window. We'll see how the season goes before I buy into Billy keeping that top class everyone is predicting 

They not making excuses. Jlee and pink both said they won't predict any bama commit to au until they decommit first. They wanna keep recruiting those guys if after a yr or 2 it don't work out at Bama or GA etc

27 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

They not making excuses. Jlee and pink both said they won't predict any bama commit to au until they decommit first. They wanna keep recruiting those guys if after a yr or 2 it don't work out at Bama or GA etc

Post didn't really talk about flipping guys, just coming in 2nd for a lot. Maybe it wasn't stated well

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Cam Coleman or bust. He's on his OV, right?

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Cain will probably commit first.

Good thought

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1

Tigers making push for nation’s No. 3 OT

AUBURN | Auburn wasn’t even in the top 10 for last fall.

That changed quickly after Hugh Freeze was hired.

Now, the Tigers are squarely in the hunt for the nation’s No. 3 offensive tackle from Walton in Marietta, Ga., who officially visited AU this week.

Calhoun officially visited Auburn this week, (Bryan Matthews/AuburnSports.com)

“When Coach Freeze took the job, that really pushed it,” said Calhoun. “It’s a great community, really. And Coach (Jake) Thornton and Coach Freeze, they really develop offensive linemen like Michael Oher and Laremy Tunsil.”

Calhoun, 6-foot-6 and 330 pounds, speaks to Coach Freeze about once per week. Tuesday morning, on day two of his official, Calhoun ate breakfast at Freeze’s house.

Along with the relationship Calhoun has developed with Freeze and Thornton, AU’s offensive line coach, the Tigers’ can also offer an opportunity for early playing time.

“Most definitely,” said Calhoun of playing early being a priority. “They tell me that a lot. Cause I think they lose like four guys so it’s kinda open.”

6'6" | 330 lbs | OT | 2024

Calhoun has already officially visited Georgia and Alabama. Trips to Tennessee and Texas are coming the next two weekends.

After that, he’ll have a decision to make.

“Probably late July. Something like that,” said Calhoun of committing.

As for where AU stands among Calhoun’s final five schools, that’s to be determined.

“I don’t really know but they’re up there now. Most definitely,” said Calhoun.

Calhoun is rated a 4-star and the nation’s No. 72 overall prospect by Rivals.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Tigers making push for nation’s No. 3 OT

AUBURN | Auburn wasn’t even in the top 10 for last fall.

That changed quickly after Hugh Freeze was hired.

Now, the Tigers are squarely in the hunt for the nation’s No. 3 offensive tackle from Walton in Marietta, Ga., who officially visited AU this week.

Calhoun officially visited Auburn this week, (Bryan Matthews/AuburnSports.com)

“When Coach Freeze took the job, that really pushed it,” said Calhoun. “It’s a great community, really. And Coach (Jake) Thornton and Coach Freeze, they really develop offensive linemen like Michael Oher and Laremy Tunsil.”

Calhoun, 6-foot-6 and 330 pounds, speaks to Coach Freeze about once per week. Tuesday morning, on day two of his official, Calhoun ate breakfast at Freeze’s house.

Along with the relationship Calhoun has developed with Freeze and Thornton, AU’s offensive line coach, the Tigers’ can also offer an opportunity for early playing time.

“Most definitely,” said Calhoun of playing early being a priority. “They tell me that a lot. Cause I think they lose like four guys so it’s kinda open.”

6'6" | 330 lbs | OT | 2024

Calhoun has already officially visited Georgia and Alabama. Trips to Tennessee and Texas are coming the next two weekends.

After that, he’ll have a decision to make.

“Probably late July. Something like that,” said Calhoun of committing.

As for where AU stands among Calhoun’s final five schools, that’s to be determined.

“I don’t really know but they’re up there now. Most definitely,” said Calhoun.

Calhoun is rated a 4-star and the nation’s No. 72 overall prospect by Rivals.

Don't know if we will get this young man. But I like the way Thornton and Freeze are recruiting O-Line talent. I have seen a few other O-Line recruits talk about what a great impression Thornton has had on them. We didnt hear that very much onprevious O-Line coaches. Hopefully that leads to us getting solid to top talent in our recruiting class.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 3

Edited by toddc

25 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Cam Coleman is a silent commit to AU.

I don’t think so… yet. 
But it will be interesting to see where JP commits tomorrow. Uga had him 3 days ago. Now it is 50/50. 

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok

Not saying he will not end up here. Just saying it's likely going to be late in the cycle before he makes a decision.

9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I don’t think so… yet. 
But it will be interesting to see where JP commits tomorrow. Uga had him 3 days ago. Now it is 50/50. 

We’re looking pretty good here I think. 😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2023 at 9:28 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

This does not seem like a winning strategy to me. I doubt this is what the staff is thinking, but I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cbo said:

This does not seem like a winning strategy to me. I doubt this is what the staff is thinking, but I could be wrong. 

Of course, they are trying to get them to flip. But, now with the Portal in play coaches have to consider that as well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not saying he will not end up here. Just saying it's likely going to be late in the cycle before he makes a decision.

Gonna be a ENSD announcement 

• Like 1

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, toddc said:

Where are the top 100 4*+ kids going to come from that really boost rankings?  Cam Coleman is 1.  Doesn't seem like we're getting any more than 2 in the top 10 from Alabama.  Seems like we're not going to get a single top 50 kid from Georgia (that's got to change).

Feel like we're doing good, but I'm not sure we can push into that top 7 ranking right now with really limited top 150 targets outside Cam Coleman.

41 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Where are the top 100 4*+ kids going to come from that really boost rankings?

JMO but we have a real shot with Kevin Riley, especially if Bama gets Daniel Hill. Also these aren't the final ranking so recruits will move up and down

45 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Doesn't seem like we're getting any more than 2 in the top 10 from Alabama.

The aforementioned Riley is in play as is Bradley Shaw along with Cam & Phillips.

48 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Seems like we're not going to get a single top 50 kid from Georgia (that's got to change).

Much more in it with Amir Jackson the the RPM would suggest. Also may lead for Jalyn Crawford.

50 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Feel like we're doing good, but I'm not sure we can push into that top 7 ranking right now

Agreed but I was never expecting any better than top 12. Top 10 or better in year 1 is yummy gravy.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Where are the top 100 4*+ kids going to come from that really boost rankings?  Cam Coleman is 1.  Doesn't seem like we're getting any more than 2 in the top 10 from Alabama.  Seems like we're not going to get a single top 50 kid from Georgia (that's got to change).

Feel like we're doing good, but I'm not sure we can push into that top 7 ranking right now with really limited top 150 targets outside Cam Coleman.

I've been confused about this too. People keep saying top 10, but it really seems like we are going to have to make up a lot of ground to do that. 

• Like 1