2023 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

2 minutes ago, Tiger720 said:

Thanks for this. I think it's funny two of his highlights are literally him getting the ball down in the post and passing it back out to the perimeter. 

• Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

I’ll definitely take him to develop for 2024 100% we know what we’re getting in college.  When remember akingbola had some hype around him in high school and never did anything 

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Pretty much a non contributor. Any upside with him?

Staf may take him with the idea of him staying 3 more years til he graduates, with the intentions of developing him.

• Like 1

HOOPS: Auburn contacts UAH's Chaney Johnson...

JeffreyLee

JeffreyLee

Senior Recruiting Editor

Staff memb
Did some digging and UAH's Chaney Johnson is a legit target for Auburn, definitely someone worth tracking. Auburn really likes him and thinks he could play the 4 or the 3. I believe he has two...

Also don’t worry guys good news soon.  I wore my lucky auburn shirt so news is coming down the pipe 

31 minutes ago, Lotto said:

Also don’t worry guys good news soon.  I wore my lucky auburn shirt so news is coming down the pipe 

Putting the pieces together here.  Lucky shirt, name is Lotto .... did you win a lotto before? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Replaces Stretch, contributes more. 

Basically seems like a hopeful developmental piece at best

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Putting the pieces together here.  Lucky shirt, name is Lotto .... did you win a lotto before? 

I have but my names Lot it came from a brand of soccer cleats when I was real young 

• Like 1

With memories of that Alabama game, we foul so often (as a team) and our current backup center fouls alot relative to his time on the floor. We thankfully had Traore as a guy that was center sized and Jaylin as a guy with exp playing the spot, but it'd be nice to have a real break glass in came of emergency center option (which is what Stretch was incapable of being) 

20 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

With memories of that Alabama game, we foul so often (as a team) and our current backup center fouls alot relative to his time on the floor. We thankfully had Traore as a guy that was center sized and Jaylin as a guy with exp playing the spot, but it'd be nice to have a real break glass in came of emergency center option (which is what Stretch was incapable of being) 

I understand where you are coming from and I would be happy to have Middlebrooks as both a better short term option then stretch and as a developmental player.  The bama game was a one off. It is the only time I have ever seen one player come from behind grab the ball at same time as Broome then throw Broome to the Floor and then have ref call foul on Broome. Cardwell was out as backup at that time because he had been fouled  and hurt by bama player with no foul called. Broome should not have fouled out except for the phantom foul called on him when he was the one who was fouled.

Despite that we brought CMo in as a very undersized 5 who actually gave us multiple chances by pulling down some key rebounds to help keep us in the game. CMo is not a super star but I think he is more valuable then most fans realize. Last year at beginning of season he started over Flan and even though Flan got more minutes  CMo actually put up some decent numbers.  His production based on minutes played was not bad. He is a solid backup 3 who despite only being 6'6" can also give us a few minutes as a 4.  We still need a great 3 and then depth pieces. If we can somehow pull in Cleveland since we already have our portal SG we will be in a much stronger position then last years team.  I would also like Oquendo as a SG/SF backup type player. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I understand where you are coming from and I would be happy to have Middlebrooks as both a better short term option then stretch and as a developmental player.  The bama game was a one off. It is the only time I have ever seen one player come from behind grab the ball at same time as Broome then throw Broome to the Floor and then have ref call foul on Broome. Cardwell was out as backup at that time because he had been fouled  and hurt by bama player with no foul called. Broome should not have fouled out except for the phantom foul called on him when he was the one who was fouled.

That set of circumstances hadn’t happened before, but it’s not like we can’t flirt with again. Even discounting Williams’s decision, we now have less center (and bigs period) as options. I simply don’t think you can roll out Dylan, Broome and 6’6 CMo as your C options. 

I didn’t even watch this guy’s tape but if he is a semi serviceable emergency option, I don’t see why we wouldn’t take him (we’ll need to fill that spot with SOMEONE) 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 8:32 AM, Lotto said:

Shoot if we got Cambridge as a backup that would be huge.  His energy is amazing, he plays great defense is a great rebounder and athlete in general.  He would help auburn coming off the bench a lot imo 

And he can jump out of the gym.

Is Barry dunning from arky worth looking?   Barely played as true frosh but was 2 time mr basketball in Alabama.  I think I saw where he is entering portal. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That set of circumstances hadn’t happened before, but it’s not like we can’t flirt with again. Even discounting Williams’s decision, we now have less center (and bigs period) as options. I simply don’t think you can roll out Dylan, Broome and 6’6 CMo as your C options. 

I didn’t even watch this guy’s tape but if he is a semi serviceable emergency option, I don’t see why we wouldn’t take him (we’ll need to fill that spot with SOMEONE) 

I wasn't disagreeing with you. I agreed MiddleBrooke should be a take as a better option then Stretch and as a development type player. I was not suggest CMo as a 5 I said he is a solid backup 3  and could help some at 4 if we need that.

We have the available scholarships if we can find enough players. Like I said my 1st want is an impact 3 like Cleveland. after that somebody like Oquendo who can be a backup SG and SF and He would also like a solid backup 4. 

I want at least 2 good players at each position.

PG - Donaldson/Aden - whichever does best of those 2 is PG1 the other PG2

SG - Jones/KD with Jones being SG1 and KD being SG2 - but I really want at least 1 more option there like Oquendo

SF - CMo - Is all we have as multiple say FLan is gone even though not official yet-  I want an Impact SF like Cleveland - Oquendo also so we have more depth

PF - Williams - Is all we really have - Can use CMO there some but really need at least a solid backup PF

C- Broome/Cardwell Broome C1 Cardwell C2 - MiddleBrooke would give us depth

I left out Lior as SF he can help some but only in limited action. 

17 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

Is Barry dunning from arky worth looking?   Barely played as true frosh but was 2 time mr basketball in Alabama.  I think I saw where he is entering portal. 

Come on home!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

@TigerPAC Yes he's in the portal. No mention of AU with him yry as far as I've seen.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I wanted him more as a backup piece and as a development player but not getting him will not have a huge impact. That said not getting a really good 3 and a solid 4 would be really bad. There is talk we are slow playing Cleveland hoping we can pull in a better player. I am in the camp if he wants to come to Auburn grab him now

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Especially when you have a pretty…meh roster on paper right now. I don’t even know if it’s in championship contention even if Auburn’s staff got some super hero out of the draft 

now if they’re waiting on a stud 2024 guy and punting on to that year, I’d be more fine with that (although I still wouldn’t completely get the logic) 

Some news from On3 breaking this morning about a Texas Tech kid.  Basically Texas Tech AHC Corey Williams possibly coming over to replace Wes Flanagn and bringing this guy....

https://www.on3.com/db/jaylon-tyson-59156/

Edited by W.E.D
  • Thanks 1