Mark My Words -- NCAA Tournament Edition

Rednilla

Mark my word, Wendell Green will go on a tear and lead the team into the Sweet 16, and then into the Elite 8!!!

Mark my word.

On 3/15/2023 at 11:15 AM, GTNupe11 said:

Watched the Pitt and Moo State game last night. Those refs really let them play. Some questionable calls, but, for the most part they let them bang around a little without getting too whistle happy. Hope that works in our favor with how aggressive our defense will need to be against better offensive teams, which Iowa and Houston happen to be. 

I've noticed over the years that refs in the tourney are much more conservative with their whistles than in regular season play.  Hope for the best tonight. WDE!

• Love 1

On 3/13/2023 at 6:43 PM, JuscAUse! said:

If AU can beat Iowa, we have a chance to go till we meet a team with tall guards. We're not dead even then , if a shot or two actually goes down. Arizona is a sleeper for it all if they get past the first game. Uat is the best team in the nation when they shoot threes well. We will see.

Well, you called it: "IF"; AZ was a sleeper against the mighty Princeton tigers and will bounce out after the 1st round.  

23 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Mark my word, Wendell Green will go on a tear and lead the team into the Sweet 16, and then into the Elite 8!!!

Mark my word.

okay, I got out my Green magic marker and marked your word.  I hope you are right.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 81spacetiger said:

Well, you called it: "IF"; AZ was a sleeper against the mighty Princeton tigers and will bounce out after the 1st round.  

Princeton is a tough out. Very disciplined. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 3:51 PM, TuscaloosaTiger said:

As I'm sure many of you did, I watched the Houston vs Bama game earlier in the year. It was the most physical game I saw all year and should have been played in pads. If we do get to play Houston then we need to show up in our best big boy britches with pads and compete for rebounds (which we have not done well in key losses). Houston's guards double and play tight defense on the opponent's guards. Pressure has not been well received by our guards this year. Have to hope for our best team performance if we get a chance to play Houston. Keep Broome out of foul trouble and hit our foul shots. Pray for some AU 3 pointers and hope that our guards play smart and disciplined. 

Sounds like we’re doomed!

On 3/13/2023 at 8:17 PM, AUBwins said:

Cajuns beat UTenn.

Auburn vs TAMU for Final 4 berth. 

Auburn makes it further than Bama (please be true 😆

If Auburn loses to Houston, Houston wins it all in Houston.  

Iona (Rick Pitino ring a bell?)  beats UConn and makes it to sweet 16 against Kansas

Greater than a 4 seed wins it (unless the Hou stip above) 

You are very close to being a complete idiot. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

You guys brag on yourselves so much...

I didn't.  I called myself an idiot 😆 

• Haha 1

With Bama and Duke being gone early, this has been a very enjoyable tourney. A 4 seed and a 9 seed so far in the Final 4. One of Florida Atlantic, Creighton, or San Diego State will play for the championship. Anyone but Texas is my rooting interest now. 

Hurts seeing Trey Alexander go off this tounry for Creighton, he’s having a good game now. Whatever happened to him? I knew he was a commit at one point 

On 3/13/2023 at 8:17 PM, AUBwins said:

Greater than a 4 seed wins it

Very close to this one being legit, about as close as I can be on it.  UConn is the 4 seed that will probably ruin it though 😆 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Hurts seeing Trey Alexander go off this tounry for Creighton, he’s having a good game now. Whatever happened to him? I knew he was a commit at one point 

He was a signee for many months. Not just a commit.

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Very close to this one being legit, about as close as I can be on it.  UConn is the 4 seed that will probably ruin it though 😆 

Of course the only team with a natty out of the final 4 will most likely blitz past the remaining 2 games. They have been dominant this tourney.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Of course the only team with a natty out of the final 4 will most likely blitz past the remaining 2 games. They have been dominant this tourney.

Exactly!

Miami has been the 2nd most impressive.  So maybe they make it happen

• Like 1