2024 5* WR Perry Thompson Flips To AUBURN from Bama

ellitor

As is to be expected, twitter comments from Bammers are a crap show right now. They keep saying "money" like it's not legal now lol

They can't understand that Perry wants to make his own name and has the chance to be the best receiver in Auburn history. That's one heck of a legacy to leave if he does it! 

Edited by AUFightingSoldiers
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I honestly don't blame all of that on KD tbh. He showed the game when Sean could throw a spiral farther than 30 yards (and there was good playcalling). It's a shame that crop of dudes largely fell off 1 by 1 as the Stidham progression/maturation occurred. 

Oh i don’t blame KD at all. Such a shame he didn’t get to live up to his full potential. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

As is to be expected, twitter comments from Bammers are a crap show right now. They keep saying "money" like it's not legal now lol

They can't understand that Perry wants to make his own name and has the chance to be the best receiver in Auburn history. That's one heck of a legacy to leave if he does it! 

It honestly seems like people from my way understand it better than the guys state wide do. Maybe because they’re all rooting for Perry regardless of where he went - it’s just good to see a guy from here come up. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It honestly seems like people from my way understand it better than the guys state wide do. Maybe because they’re all rooting for Perry regardless of where he went - it’s just good to see a guy from here come up. 

I think it's a lot easier for people around the family to understand. When you actually care about someone as a person and not just as an athlete you tend to want what's best for them, even if that might not line up with what you want them to do. At least I hope that's what's going on.

But in the case of Alabama, I'd settle for shock and defeat 😋

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Fun fact for the old heads. Today is also Lache Seastrunk’s birthday 

I hope he's doing well. So badly wanted to be at Auburn. Happy b'day Lache.

On to Perry. 

giphy.gif 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Don't expect logical thinking from Bammers.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

The Shockmaster 🤣

Even when you know you have to run through a wall...it never goes as planned.

Seriously...what the hell was Dubya C Dubya thinking?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like the timing of these flips. There's clearly a well considered strategy to generate as much momentum as possible.

Those videos at the pool. Auburn looks like a fun and exciting place to be. I bet there are a bunch of guys who wish they were at Big Cat Weekend right now. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

How is this even possible?? 😡😡🤯

https247sports.comcollegeauburnArticlealabama-commit-perry-thompson-flips-to-auburn-tigers-football-at-big-cat-211727865.jpeg

Likely knew they didn't have a snowballs chance in Hell of winning that battle

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s rich that Bama is crying about money playing a factor here when that program was built by the REC.  The days of Bama and now GA (Kirby was Bama’s bagman) BUYING recruits out from under us with no recourse is over. They had NIL before NIL existed while Mark Emmert/NCAA turned a blind eye. The fake outrage gets old. Pruitt got busted doing what he learned at Bama just like Kirby, but Kirby covers his tracks better. TAM punked us for Coleman. I hate it, but it’s not like Kirby buying Pickens since we all have NIL. NIL needs some guidelines for sure but if implemented what are the chances Bama and GA will operate within those parameters? Zero! On a level playing field I like our chances with anybody, especially Bama & Georgia. 

Great job Freeze & staff !

War Damn Eagle ! 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yessir!  Same here I grew up between fairhope and foley 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dabrasco said:

Likely knew they didn't have a snowballs chance in Hell of winning that battle

Likely knew they didn't have a snowballs chance in Hell of being employed by Auburn by the time Perry graduated.

Edited by AUBigCat
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I read that 5 times.

enjoyed it more each time. 

feels good to be a gangster 

IMG_4700.gif

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Guys this group is going to be SPECIAL! We are building something amazing here. 

freakin amazing

im ready to run through a wall

IMG_4701.gif

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Listening to the Blackerby Pod, and the co-host said that KD (szn) was our highest rated recruit was a .95. And that Perry is a .98....03 points higher? Wow 

Highest rated WR recruit. Ben Obamanu before 247 was around is the only 5 star WR we have ever signed in the star era. Last time I believe we also signed the number 1 player in the state as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zeek said:

Fun fact for the old heads. Today is also Lache Seastrunk’s birthday 

Full disclosure? Out of the big 3 back then I was on team Seastrunk! I thought he was the most fun and exciting player out of him, Spice and Lattimore! 😂😂 team Lache 4 life bay bay!!! The class of 2010 is still my reigning defending undisputed favorite class to follow! Freeze though it looks like is going to give that class a run for its money for many many years to come!! Woooo!!!! 

IMG_4702.png