Dadeville Shootings

My prayers lifted for the terrible situation in Dadeville and for all the people there, especially those who have lost young people or have wounded ones. This one hits close to home for Auburn.

Dadeville mass shooting ‘something no community should have to endure,’ police chief says - al.com

Edited by Son of A Tiger

Saw the brother of the birthday girl was one of the deceased and he was a Jax St. Signee.  Had to be targeted, right?  Doubt a lot goes on that late in Dadeville downtown. 

8 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Saw the brother of the birthday girl was one of the deceased and he was a Jax St. Signee.  Had to be targeted, right?  Doubt a lot goes on that late in Dadeville downtown. 

It was a "Sweet 16" birthday party. The family had rented a dance studio to hold the event. Some witnesses reported that an argument started and the shooter, who was a guest already inside the party, started blazing away. Not your normal situation.

• Thanks 1

There's more to this story.....some rumblings about this being a planned out hit job by five total perpetrators who had a beef with some people at the party. ALEA/Tallapoosa County is being very quiet right now. I believe they are on the hunt. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I came through town around noon today. Took my wife to the dentist and then headed to Subway for sandwiches. The area around the shooting site was crammed with vehicles, people and equipment. I'd guess 2/3 media people and 1/3 law enforcement.

The  cops are still begging for informants and people who might have videos or still shots of the shooting to come forward. My personal opinion is there were too many around and/or involved in this for facts not to come out soon.

As you might imagine, this incident is all the talk but the adults I conversed with don't know anything. Some kids are bound to know but it might take some time for details to be released.

I worked in the courthouse in Dadeville for 17 years and it feels weird to have something like this happen right in the middle of town.

• Like 2

Two teenagers have been arrested in connection with a deadly shooting at a birthday party in Alabama over the weekend where four victims were killed and 32 others were injured.

LINK

DADEVILLE, Ala. — Two teenage brothers were arrested in connection with a shooting that left four people dead and 32 injured at a weekend Sweet 16, authorities said Wednesday.

The teens, 16-year-old Travis McCullough and 17-year-old Ty Reik McCullough from Tuskegee, were taken into custody on charges of reckless murder on Tuesday night, Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Sgt. Jeremy Burkett told reporters.

LINK

• Sad 1

3rd person arrested

Wilson LaMar Hill Jr., 20, of Auburn was arrested and charged with four counts of reckless murder, the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, or ALEA, said.

The teens, 16-year-old Travis McCullough and 17-year-old Ty Reik McCullough from Tuskegee, were taken into custody on charges of reckless murder Tuesday night, ALEA Sgt. Jeremy Burkett told reporters earlier. They are being charged as adults.

LINK

• Like 1

I think more arrests are coming. 32 people wounded, 4 killed and a number of those wounded or killed were hit more than once. There are other bullet holes through windows, walls etc that probably didn't hit anybody. That's a bare minimum of 60 rounds fired. All shell casings recovered were from conventional hand guns. Yes, it would be possible for a shooter to bring backup mags and re-load but somehow I don't see that happening with these idiots. I think at least four shooters, probably closer to six. Lets hope all are caught soon.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

The 15 year old was uncovered during Q&A of the 16 year old. Just unnerving how these young people viewed life. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have not yet seen/heard any explanation for the motivation for this gang shooting. Were the guys PO'ed because they weren't invited? Was there some bad blood between the party-goers and the killers?

Also, the media keep reporting that the shooters were charged with "reckless murder." There is no such legal charge as "reckless murder." WTF?

Still a lot to learn about this.

11 hours ago, AURex said:

I have not yet seen/heard any explanation for the motivation for this gang shooting. Were the guys PO'ed because they weren't invited? Was there some bad blood between the party-goers and the killers?

Also, the media keep reporting that the shooters were charged with "reckless murder." There is no such legal charge as "reckless murder." WTF?

Still a lot to learn about this.

If you want some "word off the street": One of the deceased was the target. He had stolen some drugs/money that belonged to a group and the group came after him at the party. I'm not saying I believe this as presented, but that's what is going around town among people in roughly that age group.

Why they would choose to shoot over 30 other people in the process eludes common sense. There certainly should have been an opportunity to "get their guy" that didn't involve all of this mess.