Sanctioning lying lawyers

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

In that world, people are censured for not lying.  Honesty is not a barrier, not a constraint. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Not addressed to myself, but as an attorney, I believe that this is more than appropriate.  They are being sanctioned a small amount ($2k).  They aren't being sanctioned for getting on tv and lying to the public in support of their client (although that is also reprehensible and something that I would NOT do).  They are being sanctioned for knowingly misrepresenting facts to the Court.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I’ll give you my professional assessment. Stay tuned.

Has to consult Lin Wood and Sidney Powell before answering.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

They should be fined for unsupported claims. Why would I feel otherwise? Maybe Nola will look deeper in his “assessment”.

Folks, An Attorney is a hired gun that presents their client's version or view of a case. If they get hired by a dirtbag, they have to advocate the dirtbag side of the case. 

This is why I could never be an attorney. I cant compartmentalize having to publicly say something that I straight KNOW TO BE bull****. I just couldn't. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Folks, An Attorney is a hired gun that presents their client's version or view of a case. If they get hired by a dirtbag, they have to advocate the dirtbag side of the case. 

This is why I could never be an attorney. I cant compartmentalize having to publicly say something that I straight KNOW TO BE bull****. I just couldn't. 

They can vigorously represent by attacking the case against them and presenting facts in the most favorable light. They can’t knowingly present false info as fact. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

They can vigorously represent by attacking the case against them and presenting facts in the most favorable light. They can’t knowingly present false info as fact. 

Brother, they have to state the client's case. Thats their job. 

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I keep forgetting you’re a legal expert.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I dont have to be an engineer to know how a car works...

If you’re going to outline how an engineer does the details of their job, you probably do.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/7/2023 at 2:08 PM, TexasTiger said:

If you’re going to outline how an engineer does the details of their job, you probably do.

And all this blather doesnt mean I am wrong. 

I still got the Russians Russians Russians Thingy tight... 😉

• Facepalm 1

13 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

WRONG!

On 5/5/2023 at 8:55 AM, TexasTiger said:

I haven't read the order, but I would generally tend to defer to the Court's discretion. 

Most states have adopted or formulated their own version of Rule 11. 

• Like 2

On 5/7/2023 at 6:54 AM, DKW 86 said:

Actually...

(b) Representations to the Court. By presenting to the court a pleading, written motion, or other paper—whether by signing, filing, submitting, or later advocating it—an attorney or unrepresented party certifies that to the best of the person's knowledge, information, and belief, formed after an inquiry reasonable under the circumstances:

(1) it is not being presented for any improper purpose, such as to harass, cause unnecessary delay, or needlessly increase the cost of litigation;

(2) the claims, defenses, and other legal contentions are warranted by existing law or by a nonfrivolous argument for extending, modifying, or reversing existing law or for establishing new law;

(3) the factual contentions have evidentiary support or, if specifically so identified, will likely have evidentiary support after a reasonable opportunity for further investigation or discovery; and

(4) the denials of factual contentions are warranted on the evidence or, if specifically so identified, are reasonably based on belief or a lack of information.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 11:22 AM, AU9377 said:

Not addressed to myself, but as an attorney, I believe that this is more than appropriate.  They are being sanctioned a small amount ($2k).  They aren't being sanctioned for getting on tv and lying to the public in support of their client (although that is also reprehensible and something that I would NOT do).  They are being sanctioned for knowingly misrepresenting facts to the Court.

I concur with this opinion. 

On 5/7/2023 at 10:46 AM, DKW 86 said:

Well, you would fail the MPRE for suuuuuure. 

On 5/8/2023 at 7:33 PM, DKW 86 said:

Well, you are wrong. Sorry bout ya, bud lol. 

but I have to imagine you are just trying to troll the lawyers in this thread 

Edited by Didba

5 hours ago, Didba said:

but I have to imagine you are just trying to troll the lawyers in this thread 

Not a lawyers thread. Brother Tex asked for my opinion in the OP. I concur with Nola.

On 5/10/2023 at 2:24 PM, NolaAuTiger said:

Actually...

(b) Representations to the Court. By presenting to the court a pleading, written motion, or other paper—whether by signing, filing, submitting, or later advocating it—an attorney or unrepresented party certifies that to the best of the person's knowledge, information, and belief, formed after an inquiry reasonable under the circumstances:

(1) it is not being presented for any improper purpose, such as to harass, cause unnecessary delay, or needlessly increase the cost of litigation;

(2) the claims, defenses, and other legal contentions are warranted by existing law or by a nonfrivolous argument for extending, modifying, or reversing existing law or for establishing new law;

(3) the factual contentions have evidentiary support or, if specifically so identified, will likely have evidentiary support after a reasonable opportunity for further investigation or discovery; and

(4) the denials of factual contentions are warranted on the evidence or, if specifically so identified, are reasonably based on belief or a lack of information.

If you believe that crap I got some swamp land to sell. Look, they are just real pretty words. Anyone here really think that OJs and trumps attorneys really believe a word of their s***? Didn’t think so… lol

Edited by DKW 86

17 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

If you believe that crap I got some swamp land to sell. Look, t he ate just real pretty words. Anyone here really think that OJs and trumps attorneys really believe a word of their shot? Didn’t think so… lol

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

If you believe that crap I got some swamp land to sell. Look, they are just real pretty words. Anyone here really think that OJs and trumps attorneys really believe a word of their s***? Didn’t think so… lol

Trumps? Some don’t. OJ’s? They challenged evidence. Questioned motive & credibility. They just needed reasonable doubt. Furman was their best friend.

Lied? Link to it. 

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Trumps? Some don’t. OJ’s? They challenged evidence. Questioned motive & credibility. They just needed reasonable doubt. Furman was their best friend.

Lied? Link to it. 

Do you think they actually ever thought that OJ didn't do it? 

Do you think that trumps's attorneys don't think he assaulted Carroll?

Do you think that Manson's attorneys believed he didn't do it?