2024 5*+ S KJ Bolden (UGa)

ellitor

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Credit to FSU.   They did a great job this weekend.  Bringing in the grandparents = smart.  We felt really good about him on Friday.   I'm glad our staff isn't afraid of a good fight.   Good luck young man if you ultimately do become a Nole.  

image.gif.0d9adb1733cb102a56bd9b4adb9cf0f1.gif

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

I’d rather him stick with the Noles, than come into the SEC

You rather him go to fsu than AU? Ummm k.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Looks like FSU now, correct?

Based on his last tweet, not so much. But who knows.

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

Before this weekend, we felt good.   FSU moved the needle this weekend.    It would have been great to have him at the basketball game today.   @bigbird has a better feel for our backend (pun intended) but we are going to be better than okay there IMO.   Improving up front makes them better also.

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

7 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

If you just go in to signing day thinking this you won’t be disappointed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUApostle said:

FSU being good is typically a thorn in our side.  Hope we never let them in the SEC.

We do owe them a butt woopin or two though 

• Thanks 1

I’m sure Auburn made a great push at him but I feel like we were always #2 for him behind FSU. But with the transfer portal now having these relationships is still important for the future just in case things didn’t work out at FSU

21 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

They all seem to say Bolden is still a possibility when he is giving nothing to back that up publicly. 

He's not only saying nothing to back a flip up, he's straight forward saying he'll sign with FSU. See today's article posted by fifty in the main football forum.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He's not only saying nothing to back a flip up, he's straight forward saying he'll sign with FSU. See today's article posted by fifty in the main football forum.

Bolden is playing word games. He doesn't specifically say he is signing with FSU. That's the interrupatation of the FSU mods.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Bolden is playing word games. He doesn't specifically say he is signing with FSU. That's the interrupatation of the FSU mods.  

The what now?

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7eezfj2d6sll9c234ca

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It doesn't sound like word games to me. "Asked if he was going to sign with FSU, Bolden replied 'C'mon man, you know that'.". I guess hope springs eternal but that doesn't sound like word games to me.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It doesn't sound like word games to me. "Asked if he was going to sign with FSU, Bolden replied 'C'mon man, you know that'.". I guess hope springs eternal but that doesn't sound like word games to me.

When I watched the video, I heard "C'mon man, you know that [long pause] I can't speak on that." I think that's the reason for his post complaining about the reporters. I could be mishearing b/c of some static but the reporters should have heard him correctly and published his full statement.

Edited by phillyeagle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

FSU feels he's pretty locked in. He was planning on going to the BB game Sunday night after his FSU visit with whole family and while leaving FSU the above mentioned reporter exchange happened and he said he wasn't visiting AU.  Sometimes you hear what you want to hear but it sounds like he's committed to FSU.

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/article/florida-state-seminoles-football-kj-bolden-official-visit-recap-223328355/

(if it isn't cool to link the free article, please feel free to remove it) or delete post

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'm not hopeful.  But these guys know what they are doing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

One thing is definitely certain:   AU put forth a fantastic effort with KJ!   He may not come here, but it’s not because we didn’t do everything possible to get him!

Nailed it. Tremendous effort and built a great relationship with his family as well. The portal is always there