College Football Games This Weekend

aubiefifty

This won’t be popular but I think it would be cool to still do the split stadium Iron Bowl.  Maybe every third year or something.  Also not in the dumpy Legion Field

4 hours ago, Win4AU said:

This won’t be popular but I think it would be cool to still do the split stadium Iron Bowl.  Maybe every third year or something.  Also not in the dumpy Legion Field

Where would you play it at? Atlanta? 

Man did Mizzou really screw up. Had 2nd and 1 nearly in FG range. Rather than run and get an easy 1st down on LSU defense - they go to throw and falls incomplete. Next play false start and then on 3rd and 6 - they fumble ball for a 25 yard loss.

55 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Will Rogers hurt for Moo State.  On the sidelines without his pads.

Man I hate what MSU has had to go through. Naturally, we'll get their backup.

In all seriousness, that's an absolute must win.

Edited by AUwent

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Where would you play it at? Atlanta? 

That would be the closest stadium that could handle it and it would probably guarantee a 50/50 split but obviously having the game in Georgia doesn’t make sense.  Maybe if Birmingham put some serious money into Legion Field and rebuilt the upper decks to make it look like the Cotton Bowl.  

• Like 1

These evening games could be interesting.  Wouldn’t surprise me to see Georgia, Michigan, ND, and Ole Miss get scared if not lose.  

These evening games could be interesting.  Wouldn’t surprise me to see Georgia, Michigan, ND, and Ole Miss get scared if not lose.  

You were mostly right that the evening games might be good.

Georgia- Nope

Michigan- Nope

ND- UPSET

Ole Miss - Scare

daU - Upset by GT

Fresno St- Upset by Wyoming

USC losing to Arizona 17 - 7 as I type this.

4 minutes ago, WDEagle said:

You were mostly right that the evening games might be good.

Georgia- Nope

Michigan- Nope

ND- UPSET

Ole Miss - Scare

daU - Upset by GT

Fresno St- Upset by Wyoming

USC losing to Arizona 17 - 7 as I type this.

Holy crap, GT beat Da U? I turned that one off.

Recruiting may be 80-90% of CFB, but MC shows the missing 10% every single year.

19 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Holy crap, GT beat Da U? I turned that one off.

Recruiting may be 80-90% of CFB, but MC shows the missing 10% every single year.

Edited by WDEagle

On 10/8/2023 at 1:41 PM, WDEagle said:

F77_UkuW0AAmXEG?format=jpg&name=large

If Oregon puts on a good showing against Washington then they should be a top 3 team.  I could see a couple upsets

I’m picking TaMu over UT

ND beats USC

Miami somehow redeems itself against UNC

Mizzou over UK.  
I was tempted to say Arkansas over Bama but based off rumors I think this team is about to collapse and their coach canned.  He did a good job recovering from the Chad Morris tenure but seems to have hit the ceiling. 

30 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

If Oregon puts on a good showing against Washington then they should be a top 3 team.  I could see a couple upsets

I’m picking TaMu over UT

ND beats USC

Mizzou over UK.  
I was tempted to say Arkansas over Bama but based off rumors I think this team is about to collapse and their coach canned.  He did a good job recovering from the Chad Morris tenure but seems to have hit the ceiling. 

I've heard that his buyout is cut in half if they fire him with a losing record. Don't know how true that is FWIW. They should can him if they're serious about football and they should be since Texas and OU are joining next year. They're a bad hire away from not going to a bowl game anytime soon.

Would not be surprised if Mississippi State has a new coach by December. 

Hope neither of them go after Mike Elko.

1 hour ago, woodford said:

I've heard that his buyout is cut in half if they fire him with a losing record. Don't know how true that is FWIW. They should can him if they're serious about football and they should be since Texas and OU are joining next year. They're a bad hire away from not going to a bowl game anytime soon.

Would not be surprised if Mississippi State has a new coach by December. 

Hope neither of them go after Mike Elko.

I’ve wondered about Miss State.  It’s a tough situation but if they go after a new coach and not give Arnett at least 1 year then why did you promote him to begin with?  

50 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I’ve wondered about Miss State.  It’s a tough situation but if they go after a new coach and not give Arnett at least 1 year then why did you promote him to begin with?  

They probably didn't have much of an option given the circumstances. Maybe behind the scenes they wanted a longer coach search?

Bud Elliott made a great point that MSU is a bad recruiting cycle away from totally falling off for half a decade. 

• Like 1

I’m picking TaMu over UT

ND beats USC

Mizzou over UK.  

I don’t think Miami beats UNC

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

They shouldn’t but the weird way college football goes sometimes it wouldn’t surprise me.  Miami did dominate Texas A&M a couple weeks ago so they are a capable team.  

On 10/10/2023 at 3:35 PM, Hank2020 said:

Also don’t see ND beating USC 

• Like 1