*Official Auburn vs. Samford Game Thread*

abw0004

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Thorne has some pretty decent touch. They’re practicing stuff. We will score when we want to score tonight. Texas AM is probably going to wax us, though.

Nah they will be ready. Book it. Keep on mind there were some injuries last week. Probably letting some of the new guys get some time

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

Just now, CCTAU said:

I don’t want to see long passes. I want to see an offense with decent routes that utilize the whole field and not just the sidelines. 
This Samford O has open guys all over the field. And they don’t have to just sling it long and hope for a 50/50 catch. Why are we so afraid of crossing the middle of the field!

I will say if our guys can get separation, PT throws a beautiful long ball.

As I type, two long passes, one for a TD!

That was a good call though because Samford did not respect our passing game and been aggressive all game.

• Like 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Thorne has some pretty decent touch. They’re practicing stuff. We will score when we want to score tonight. Texas AM is probably going to wax us, though.

I don't know. Miami showed if you can get pressure on the QB, their offense falls apart. I was feeling good about it, but seeing a lack of pressure tonight isn't encouraging.

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Idk it’s a mixed bag for me. Most wanted to see more passing but to me it looks more forced than natural. The strength of the offense are the running backs by far. The passing still needs to be within the rhythm of the offense

Eh, this OL isn’t holding up against a good front 7 in a straight up run heavy offense. They need to figure out how to throw period, rhythm or not  

Just now, TheDob06 said:

I don't know. Miami showed if you can get pressure on the QB, their offense falls apart. I was feeling good about it, but seeing a lack of pressure tonight isn't encouraging.

We got pressure at Cal. Maybe the D just needs to be motivated. I hope this isn’t a D that just matches our competition each game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

For the last time, good day.  Go argue with yourself.  

Maybe start watching ball and having better takes since u literally can't defend anything u say 

1 minute ago, 33gles said:

I'm ready to murder whoever thought we wanted to watch the same amount of commercials with occasional football.

C'mon, you know you're itchin' to watch The Little Mermaid now.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Maybe start watching ball and having better takes since u literally can't defend anything 

Let it go. This is the third reply after he said he was done. 

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

C'mon, you know you're itchin' to watch The Little Mermaid now.

If there's ANYthing that tells me they're just torturing us, its the complete tone deafness of the idiots who filled these commercial slots. Sell ads for things football fans want.

• Like 1

Maybe start watching ball and having better takes since u literally can't defend anything u say 

Keep running your mouth and embarrassing yourself.  

5 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I'm not able to watch it. Is it as bad as I am reading?

It's not great, but it's nowhere near what some are posting.  We look out of rhythm, but not completely hopeless. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

That was a good call though because Samford did not respect our passing game and been aggressive all game.

That is truth. However, I don’t see SEC teams getting beat like that. 
Sure was a beautiful pass though!

How many times int he past have we missed those wide open guys!

Knocked the ref out so he can't call him down lol He was still good though.  Flag  boo