What do you want to see against Texas A&M

Win4AU

Big boy games start now!

1). Auburn must have a 150 yards rushing from the RB room.  Rushing for 38 isn’t going to win many SEC games.  Someone must step up.

2) Auburn must stop the run and make Texas A&M throw.  Wegman has put up big numbers against everyone but threw 2 ints against Miami.  Auburn’s secondary is very opportunistic so far this season.  

3) Win the TO battle.  I won’t fault Thorne for the 1st int because it wasn’t a great series of calls and hit Hooks right in the hands but I will fault him for throwing into triple coverage when he had someone wide open on the second one.  He also needs to learn how to carry the ball when he runs.  

Even though it’s 11 it’ll still be way more intimidating than Cal.  Here’s where rubber meets the road

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Big boy games start now!

1). Auburn must have a 150 yards rushing from the RB room.  Rushing for 38 isn’t going to win many SEC games.  Someone must step up.

2) Auburn must stop the run and make Texas A&M throw.  Wegman has put up big numbers against everyone but threw 2 ints against Miami.  Auburn’s secondary is very opportunistic so far this season.  

3) Win the TO battle.  I won’t fault Thorne for the 1st int because it wasn’t a great series of calls and hit Hooks right in the hands but I will fault him for throwing into triple coverage when he had someone wide open on the second one.  He also needs to learn how to carry the ball when he runs.  

Even though it’s 11 it’ll still be way more intimidating than Cal.  Here’s where rubber meets the road

i think the cal game helped us to prepare for this one. but it is their home turf and we have a lot of players hurt. i think if we play lights out we have a chance. i want the win but we are young and still learning so i would be happy if we do not get run out of the stadium. we have kind of been jeklle and hyde. again if thorne plays his best and the d gets going i think we sneak in a win here.

I keep seeing Miami isn’t that good so the tamu must not be that good…. Candidly the acc looks pretty damn impressive so far. As long as we show improvement and we aren’t crushed - I’m ok. Ps if a miracle did somehow happen and we won - would jimbo survive it (buy out and all)?

The number one thing for me is no turnovers. Then I'd say establishing the run game and spreading out the D to get some yards through the air. On the other side of the ball, it's definitely our D line and LBs keeping their QB in check when he tries to run the ball. 

One of the biggest things I'm looking for is are we "ready to play?" Win or lose, do the guys look prepared? So yes, I'm judging the coaching staff. Don't want more reminders of the type of preparedness we were all too familiar with under Gus. 

Edited by all4AU
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, e808 said:

Just win baby. Ugly or pretty it doesn’t matter just get a W

I'd like for it to be kinda pretty. But I'll settle for a win...no matter what it looks like.

• Like 1

I want to see the 🐅 🐅 have more points. Beyond that, I hope to see a disciplined AU team with few penalties, no turnovers and smart play calling. I’d like to see a balanced O and continued strong D— pass rush & aggressive opportunism.

• Like 2

Love to see a win.

Want the results to show that we are on the right track with Freeze and staff in a win or close loss. Concerns with me are our rush defense and ability to pressure their pass game.

Be interesting late. Projected temperature in College Station Saturday is 97 degrees.

Edited by SaltyTiger

Want to see our injured players be good to go. Competent play…. Thorne making the right reads, o-line show some got dang push. Score fast and early and don’t come out sluggish. Continue forcing turnovers. Pressure the dang QB!

That’s what I like to see..didn’t know Hunter had an injury though

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

That’s what I like to see..didn’t know Hunter had an injury though

Hurt his ankle on a run. I remember him limping and being taped up. 

• Like 2

I want to see a well coached, hard nosed football team that has the potential to get better every game and will compete with anyone. One that will play smart and doesn't shoot themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers. I'll live with whatever happens if I see that. 

• Like 2

Hoping we can pull out a win, but much more interested to see if we don't get overmatched physically. Looking for some nastiness from the big guys. 

Want to see penetration by the interior of our D-line. I didn't see too much of that against Samford. 

• Like 1

A special teams score (not a FG)

Defensive turnover

2 sacks

TAMU < 150 rushing

100 yard rusher

Thorne +60% 

More consistent catching

Open up the intermediate game

No fumbles

+60% 3rd down conv.

Score TDs in the RZ

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I wanna see the ball snapped on the hutt-hutt when it’s called on the hutt-hutt. 

I can’t believe none of you got this reference…

Edited by CCTAU