All Things Deion/Colorado Discussion

NCTiger1982

10 hours ago, AURex said:

I wonder if some deep-pocket company might sponsor a big "Losers Bowl" featuring Colorado and Auburn? Because both of these teams, built on 40-50+ portal leftovers, are not going to qualify for a legit bowl. But wouldn't it be a great marquee event? Maybe schedule it for a Tuesday morning in mid-December.

Where is my yellow thing?

Except Sanders has already tripled his output and he started with what many said was the worst roster in all of college football and Auburn was a team many people considered to be a sleeper in the sec. If they got anything going at QBauburn would be a very dangerous team. Auburn isn't playing any people out of position out of necessity. I would say everybody starting for us was at minimum a 3 star if not just about everybody. 

It's funny now people want to compare Auburn and Colorado......Colorado wasn't anywhere close to being the program that Auburn is. Hopefully if we can sneak some wins against LSU,uga, or bama then we can get back to what our norm was

• Like 1

The whole Undisputed crew is all over the Dan Lanning "they play for clicks" remark this morning.  Lanning was very unwise for saying that in front of cameras.  If that's how he feels, then that's how he feels, but there's no need to say it for the cameras.  If his team crosses paths with Deion's somewhere down the road, the "old fashioned butt kicking" will probably go the other way.

Lanning is obviously an excellent coach, but he inherited a good program that was already established by successful predecessors.  Deion has immediately turned around a bad program.  Some bumps are coming as they face the better teams, but I'm honestly afraid he might be the next Nick Saban - at Alabama.  Because Lane Kiffin certainly failed his 5th interview for the job on Saturday.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

The whole Undisputed crew is all over the Dan Lanning "they play for clicks" remark this morning.  Lanning was very unwise for saying that in front of cameras.  If that's how he feels, then that's how he feels, but there's no need to say it for the cameras.  If his team crosses paths with Deion's somewhere down the road, the "old fashioned butt kicking" will probably go the other way.

Lanning is obviously an excellent coach, but he inherited a good program that was already established by successful predecessors.  Deion has immediately turned around a bad program.  Some bumps are coming as they face the better teams, but I'm honestly afraid he might be the next Nick Saban - at Alabama.  Because Lane Kiffin certainly failed his 5th interview for the job on Saturday.

I feel like there's no problem with him saying how he feels with the cameras. Just be a man and say it. Don't pretend you aren't feeling a type of way when you are. And then have all that to say at half time and after the game.....But maybe that's how a majority of the coaches are now? Idk.

Also you are Oregon.....you do EVERYTHING for clicks and likes. You market for Nike, you have some of the best facilities from that so I'm not saying it's a problem or anything but they constantly debut new uniforms and shoes all the time.......for likes and views. 

• Like 2

I keep watching Deion doing things his own way, unapologetic.  Very different.  But so far so good.

In the NFL, there's Mike McDaniel in Miami.  Not your traditional NFL head coach demeanor, more like a shift manager at McDonald's.  But it's working and his players love him.  Of course, he has an almost unlimited supply of talent, but that's no guarantee of success in the NFL.  He has created an environment there where his players naturally want to play hard for him.  Deion has done that as well.

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

Also you are Oregon.....you do EVERYTHING for clicks and likes. You market for Nike, you have some of the best facilities from that so I'm not saying it's a problem or anything but they constantly debut new uniforms and shoes all the time.......for likes and views. 

This is actually a huge part of their culture, they've been using it to their advantage for thirty years or more and EVERYBODY has copied them on it.  I've been reading a lot lately with the whole Auburn/Under Armour contract about how the recruits have got to have it.  Apparently you can't win a national championship in basketball without it.  I agree with you, it's definitely not a problem.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

Except Sanders has already tripled his output and he started with what many said was the worst roster in all of college football and Auburn was a team many people considered to be a sleeper in the sec. If they got anything going at QBauburn would be a very dangerous team. Auburn isn't playing any people out of position out of necessity. I would say everybody starting for us was at minimum a 3 star if not just about everybody. 

It's funny now people want to compare Auburn and Colorado......Colorado wasn't anywhere close to being the program that Auburn is. Hopefully if we can sneak some wins against LSU,uga, or bama then we can get back to what our norm was

I guess I'm out of touch, because I'm not aware of any reputable sources considering Auburn a "sleeper" in the SEC.

You can say that if TeamX just had blah-blah, they'd be dangerous. You hear that about teams all over the country.

Well, Colorado played weak teams until they met Oregon. Auburn played weak teams until they met A&M.

Auburn has no offense. Colorado has no defense. Great matchup!

** And let's be clear. This is not what I WANT for Auburn. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see a lot more of wins this season. And the same for Colorado.

So I'm just looking for a fun way to lighten up the conversation. 

Colorado vs Auburn. Who ya got?

Edited by AURex

23 hours ago, AURex said:

I wonder if some deep-pocket company might sponsor a big "Losers Bowl" featuring Colorado and Auburn? Because both of these teams, built on 40-50+ portal leftovers, are not going to qualify for a legit bowl. But wouldn't it be a great marquee event? Maybe schedule it for a Tuesday morning in mid-December.

Where is my yellow thing?

I can just hear all of the “I told you so”s now. No matter who lost, social media would be unbearable for awhile. 

13 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Definitely a kick them while they're down moment. He had the advantage . He was Smart to do so now but he better hope they don't play again in they next few years. 

I don't really care either way. The trash talk is fine. Lanning's pregame speech was fine. But I'm glad this video is out there now so people can STFU about how Lanning's speech was somehow mean spirited and unfair. This is football, not knitting ffs.

• Like 3

On 9/23/2023 at 3:50 PM, cole256 said:

You'd be ecstatic lol. Freeze needs patience while you beat your chest that Sanders don't beat Oregon with one of the worse rosters lol. Same ol same ol. 

Of course Prime will never get the same benefit of the doubt "other" coaches get...

On 9/23/2023 at 3:51 PM, AU-24 said:

You have a circus act out there with the gold chains, 1970’s ghetto sunglasses and sweatpants and you’re talking about someone’s confederate flag profile pic. Same old, same old.

Wow, the racism isn't even subtle anymore...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't really care either way. The trash talk is fine. Lanning's pregame speech was fine. But I'm glad this video is out there now so people can STFU about how Lanning's speech was somehow mean spirited and unfair. This is football, not knitting ffs.

Here's the thing: Kids will be kids. They will trash talk. Anyone who's played organized sports knows that and has experienced it. I'm not pressed about what Lanning said. Dude was motivating his team, so all is fair. 

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I didn't see anybody say his speech was mean spirited or unfair. As far as the video it's Oregon's media dept of course they are going to make it look good for Oregon

Just now, cole256 said:

I didn't see anybody say his speech was mean spirited or unfair. As far as the video it's Oregon's media dept of course they are going to make it look good for Oregon

I've seen those kinds of comments online and some of the sports show talking heads.  In terms of the video being edited by Oregon - the CO kids said what they said.  It wasn't pieced together with out of context snippets of sentences.  It was trash talk.  Some guys do that to try and get inside the other team's head or to sort of jack themselves up to have to go out and play up to the level of their words.  It's fine.  

Likewise, coaches look for anything to give their team a mental edge, to get them angry and riled up.  Players too.  Jordan and Kobe were famous for taking the smallest most incidental things - even a look they caught from someone - and turning it into some kind of slight aimed at them to get mad and go out and murder the dude on the court.  That was all Lanning did.  It's fine.

It's all fine.  Football ain't for sissies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I've seen those kinds of comments online and some of the sports show talking heads.  In terms of the video being edited by Oregon - the CO kids said what they said.  It wasn't pieced together with out of context snippets of sentences.  It was trash talk.  Some guys do that to try and get inside the other team's head or to sort of jack themselves up to have to go out and play up to the level of their words.  It's fine.  

Likewise, coaches look for anything to give their team a mental edge, to get them angry and riled up.  Players too.  Jordan and Kobe were famous for taking the smallest most incidental things - even a look they caught from someone - and turning it into some kind of slight aimed at them to get mad and go out and murder the dude on the court.  That was all Lanning did.  It's fine.

It's all fine.  Football ain't for sissies.

The video is pieced together. The players absolutely said what they said but Oregon was saying stuff too. That video literally made it look like Colorado walked out there and started talking and they didn't say anything back. You can literally tell the video is snipped. I agree completely talk is part of the game. It bothers me alot when people complain about a guy talking. 

As far as that pregame every show I've watched they said they didn't have a problem with most of his speech the problem some had was the shots about substance and playing for likes (which this video leaves out of course) and the reason they had a problem with that was because Oregon has always been play for likes. It was the hypocrisy of it.

3 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

Of course Prime will never get the same benefit of the doubt "other" coaches get...

Wow, the racism isn't even subtle anymore...

He does it all the time. And then when called out, it's always "why are you bringing up race?"

• Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 4:25 PM, cole256 said:

It's hilarious how Sanders has to prove so much to so many but those same people convince themselves all the other coaches care so much about their players 😂

I'm not going to say names but I also find it interesting many of the same people that were wanting Sanders to lose are the same people that when I said I wasn't overly impressed with Bo last year they told me how good the conference was over there....exact same people that says Colorado doesn't play anybody. I'm confused which one is it?

I didn’t say CFB coaches care about their players. Most don’t. Most DO care about coaching football. Deion has only been doing it at any level for 5 years? All five were coaching his kids. 

Does he love coaching football or love spending time with his kids? If anything, it’s a compliment to Deion to say his primary motivation might only be to coach his children, and when that’s done, he may not feel like doing it anymore. We’ll see.

On 9/25/2023 at 9:22 AM, WillMunny said:

Goodness gracious. See, this is why people are sick of Colorado. Deion hasn’t turned anything around. He’s beaten 3 terrible teams and now he’s the next Nick Saban.

They aren’t even going to make a bowl.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Definitely a kick them while they're down moment. He had the advantage . He was Smart to do so now but he better hope they don't play again in they next few years. 

Why, Rand? What makes you think Deion is going to close the gap and surpass Lanning’s Oregon team? What has Deion done to generate this type of fear from people, aside from nonstop talk?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Goodness gracious. See, this is why people are sick of Colorado. Deion hasn’t turned anything around. He’s beaten 3 terrible teams and now he’s the next Nick Saban.

They aren’t even going to make a bowl.

You seem to forget that he's coaching Colorado. I know since it's Sanders the only way you'd say he's doing well is if he took them and won the National Championship his first year but all of those teams were better than his. His team was the most terrible

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The video is pieced together. The players absolutely said what they said but Oregon was saying stuff too. That video literally made it look like Colorado walked out there and started talking and they didn't say anything back. You can literally tell the video is snipped. I agree completely talk is part of the game. It bothers me alot when people complain about a guy talking. 

As far as that pregame every show I've watched they said they didn't have a problem with most of his speech the problem some had was the shots about substance and playing for likes (which this video leaves out of course) and the reason they had a problem with that was because Oregon has always been play for likes. It was the hypocrisy of it.

I'm literally saying none of it is a problem.  Like I said, the mental games coaches and elite players play to psyche themselves or their team up - to get them angry, riled up and ready to go dominate someone are frequently if not overwhelmingly a bunch of contrived stuff.  Players and coaches are usually pretty careful not to put any real "bulletin board material" out there.  As a result, they manufacture stuff and inflate the value of what is said to create the same effect.  Lanning isn't doing anything that every single other coach out there, Deion included, hasn't done or is continuing to do, to get their players amped up and ready to go kick some ass.  Players often trash talk before and during games.  It's normal.  The End.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Why, Rand? What makes you think Deion is going to close the gap and surpass Lanning’s Oregon team? What has Deion done to generate this type of fear from people, aside from nonstop talk?

I'm not him but his reply is going to be anybody with half a brain can see that when he get better players his team is going to play better.....our o life is better than his. Common sense. You have posted numerous amount of times for people you like to be patient for us. 

When Bo sucked you made every excuse for him as far as o line wr, coach, literally everybody but him.....it's the same logic when players get better the team will also

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm literally saying none of it is a problem.  Like I said, the mental games coaches and elite players play to psyche themselves or their team up - to get them angry, riled up and ready to go dominate someone are frequently if not overwhelmingly a bunch of contrived stuff.  Players and coaches are usually pretty careful not to put any real "bulletin board material" out there.  As a result, they manufacture stuff and inflate the value of what is said to create the same effect.  Lanning isn't doing anything that every single other coach out there, Deion included, hasn't done or is continuing to do, to get their players amped up and ready to go kick some ass.  Players often trash talk before and during games.  It's normal.  The End.

You said people were making an issue of lanning, I replied who? You have done this to me many of times so I know that's not a problem. Any explanation about bulletin board stuff of course I know how that works don't need any explanation of that at all. 

No I can't say Deion included, Deion has yet to say anything other than I really respect their coach.

I explained to you what people who did have anything to say about lanning what it was for then you replied with this, which is confusing. But ok.

It is done.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I'm not him but his reply is going to be anybody with half a brain can see that when he get better players his team is going to play better.....our o life is better than his. Common sense. You have posted numerous amount of times for people you like to be patient for us. 

When Bo sucked you made every excuse for him as far as o line wr, coach, literally everybody but him.....it's the same logic when players get better the team will also

You always confuse people so I won’t even waste time correcting what you incorrectly attributed to me about Bo. 

But regardless, no, not “anybody with half a brain” sees that Deion will be successful at Colorado. He’s a brand new coach with very little experience.

If your goal posts are him making Colorado “better”, he’s already done that. They were 1-11 last year. Nobody is disputing that he’s taken them from the absolute worst and made some progress. He has and should be commended for it.

But a poster in this thread literally said they’re scared he’s the next Nick Saban. Finebaum talking about him succeeding Nick at Alabama. People saying he’s building the U from the 80’s. 

Based. On. What?????

• Like 1

You said people were making an issue of lanning, I replied who? You have done this to me many of times so I know that's not a problem. Any explanation about bulletin board stuff of course I know how that works don't need any explanation of that at all. 

I'll look to see if I can find some examples.  I've seen chatter on social media and a few clips of sports talk shows.  I'm not sure what the point is though?

No I can't say Deion included, Deion has yet to say anything other than I really respect their coach.

Ok, you're welcome to believe that.  I've watched Deion long enough to know he can talk smack with the best of them.  And if talking smack was something he didn't want to be part of what his team does, I'll guarantee you those players (including on of his sons) wouldn't have been saying that stuff within earshot of Oregon or cameras.

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'll look to see if I can find some examples.  I've seen chatter on social media and a few clips of sports talk shows.  I'm not sure what the point is though?

Ok, you're welcome to believe that.  I've watched Deion long enough to know he can talk smack with the best of them.  And if talking smack was something he didn't want to be part of what his team does, I'll guarantee you those players (including on of his sons) wouldn't have been saying that stuff within earshot of Oregon or cameras.

Lol you refuse to stay on a point. I didn't say Deion never has talked trash what I did do is reply to your comment that Deion talks trash as a coach, so the only way you could correctly say I can believe that if I want is if you now show an example of talking trash about a coach or their program....which you can't because like I originally said he hasn't....And I'm not even going to argue the if a player off the team does it, it means he does.....that's just not smart