Auburn vs Aggies Post-Game Thread

Didba

27 minutes ago, e808 said:

Respectfully u were singing Colorado praise in the other forum. They look pretty bad and they couldn’t stop an offensive team put together by members on this forum

Colorado has 28 Total yards. Oregon has over 300

• Like 1

Just now, Tigger1985 said:

Shedeur is getting exposed today. He's Ashford with less speed/elusiveness and a better (not saying much) deep ball. 

• Like 1

We have most of our team we're patched thru the portal. It was a quick fix to try to field a competitive team this year. All the whining and complaining ain't gonna change the fact.  It takes time to build a program in the shape ours was.  Ol Coach Prime is learning that lesson right now. Sometimes it's better to say nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Thanks Harsin

Not sure this current offense would offer any better results for him. Hard to blame Harsin for everything. Yes, he didn’t recruit, but HF came in and overhauled 2 of the worst 3 positions, QB and OL. Oregon looks really strong currently and at least Bo isn’t wasting time and talent at AU. 

Just now, Old fan 47 said:

Not sure this current offense would offer any better results for him. Hard to blame Harsin for everything. Yes, he didn’t recruit, but HF came in and overhauled 2 of the worst 3 positions, QB and OL. Oregon looks really strong currently and at least Bo isn’t wasting time and talent at AU. 

Oh we would be a lot worse with Potato head as coach. 

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

So are you saying we are being unreasonable?? Great post . Im onboard 

Some/a lot of folks?  Yeah.  About half this offense is playing with each other for the very first time and the ones who aren't new are learning from possibly their 4th OC and 3rd HC in 4 years.  I hoped it would just click and take off quickly, but my gut was that it would be hit and miss the first few games.  The only thing that really surprises me is how shaky Thorne's psyche seems to be.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agreed. And he did it with TJ Finley. I will go on record now and say, the HF hire and the AD hire just won’t work. This showing will cost AU recruits. There is 0 offensive identity. I just don’t think HF is any different than GM and the rest of college football has caught up with the little high school  play calling. Funny, our legacy QB is tearing it up away from AU. 

Thumbs down all you want, but this program is so far beyond stale, that not sure we will ever be relevant again. Think Ga Tech, where 7 or 8 wins is great. We can agree to disagree, but we are going on a really bad 4.5 year run. 

2 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Shedeur is getting exposed today. He's Ashford with less speed/elusiveness and a better (not saying much) deep ball. 

Don’t agree with this assertion. Sanders is much better than any of the ones that has played.

9 minutes ago, keesler said:

Maybe it just me, but I don’t see people losing their minds that that we weren’t ready to beat the #15 team on the road with all that talent.  I see people losing their minds about how inept and straight up putrid this offense looks.  Stupid and sloppy penalties, weak online, hit & miss WR play, and I won’t speak about the QBs as their production speaks for themselves.

For me, it’s not that we lost the game, it’s how we lost the game.

This 100%

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

This is what an offensive rebuild looks like against an SEC like defense.

image.thumb.png.0b8c606d632d2db8c1bdb1c4958254d4.png

-33 YARDS IS CRAZY.

Won't see too many Deion vs Freeze threads pop up anymore I suspect.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, e808 said:

The interest part is had plays been made when the opportunities presented themselves probably have different conversations on this forum

Like Thorne missing an obnoxiously open Fair for an easy TD? And the other stone handed receivers missing catches when they were needed?

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Some/a lot of folks?  Yeah.  About half this offense is playing with each other for the very first time and the ones who aren't new are learning from possibly their 4th OC and 3rd HC in 4 years.  I hoped it would just click and take off quickly, but my gut was that it would be hit and miss the first few games.  The only thing that really surprises me is how shaky Thorne's psyche seems to be.

It’s going to take time. Our expectations are way out of control. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, e808 said:

The interest part is had plays been made when the opportunities presented themselves probably have different conversations on this forum

This. If Thorne just hits his outlet a few times in the 1st half when it was there, we have an entirely different ballgame. Might have still lost, but it would have been close at least. 

• Like 2

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Like Thorne missing an obnoxiously open Fair for an easy TD? And the other stone handed receivers missing catches when they were needed?

You just cannot miss that pass. He just plays too timid for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

Maybe it just me, but I don’t see people losing their minds that that we weren’t ready to beat the #15 team on the road with all that talent.  I see people losing their minds about how inept and straight up putrid this offense looks.  Stupid and sloppy penalties, weak online, hit & miss WR play, and I won’t speak about the QBs as their production speaks for themselves.

For me, it’s not that we lost the game, it’s how we lost the game.

I guess I just don’t understand why people would think they would see anything different? I posted it in the prediction thread. We can’t run the ball. We have no identity. I thought we would lose by 3+ touchdowns. 
The only surprise is how awful Thorne played AGAIN. He is TJ bad, or worse. We already knew about Robby. 
We are the perfect case study on how to run a program into the ground over the last several years. HF has his work cut out for him. 

• Like 1

Lol. Trying to ease the hurt talking about Sanders.....nah it's not the same he's done his job.....we're still look like a middle school on offense

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

So are you saying we are being unreasonable?? Great post . Im onboard 

People aren’t losing their minds we couldn’t beat a top 15 team. It’s the fact that we had 56 passing yards for the whole game, completely lost on offense. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Or on the 3 and 25 and u need about 5 yards to try for field goal and u throw a screen 

9 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

I wasn’t singing Colorado’s praises chief. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

This is what an offensive rebuild looks like against an SEC like defense.

image.thumb.png.0b8c606d632d2db8c1bdb1c4958254d4.png

Deion may turn CU around like he did for Jackson State, but that is going to be a tall  and multi year order. I believe most of CU's seasons since the turn of the century were losing seasons and only 2 were any good. Not surprised they are losing to Ore although that is pretty bad. Pac 12 seems good this year too. It may be a rough second half for the buffs. I hope this stat line isn't something we see Auburn have later in the year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

It’s going to take time. Our expectations are way out of control. 

Having a competent offense that can at least sustain drives is way out of control? Cmon man. 

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1